• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

I had a thought. Maybe we have a roleblocker who has targeted the mafia for three nights now? or something?

it's kind of not a good theory and I'm really tired

I have a roleblocking power, but I haven't been using it because it's just too limited to use on a whim. I have to choose one person to protect, but can only protect them from three specific players, and less every time I use it. Without anyone to suspect, using the power would just be weakening myself for unknown results.

Eiiiifiiiiie????!!!

So, erm, can anyone actually explain what happened at the end of yesterday? Wargle got lynched, but apparently that was kind of the idea? Is she not actually dead, or what?

And Alligates is right, I don't see why it wouldn't hurt to try and lynch the GM, considering how Vanilla (Vigilante) Mafia went.
I was actually thinking some kind of vig-thing myself... Wargle just claimed a vig role, and Light seemed to confirm it, so maybe that's what's going on. Of course, we'd need a bunch more people to claim killpowers before that became a reasonable guess, and even though vigs tend to be cautious early on, presumably one of them would have broken ranks and offed somebody by now.

I dunno, lynching inactives has become so commonplace that especially on uneventful game days I feel like the mafia would be more likely to make some sort of vague, unhelpful post about how there's not much going on in a "look at me checking in, making me active and totally not suspicious!" kind of way. I'd attribute Butterfree's inactivity to simple forgetfulness more than anything else.
For what it's worth, I think that the mafia sometimes also look inactive on the basis of people thinking this, and/or are simply inactive players. For example, in the last pokéchoice mafia, Zexion did almost nothing until he was accused of being mafia. (Though, granted, that's different than *complete* inactivity.) Lynching inactives isn't great, but at least there is a nonzero chance of hitting scum that way.

Well, as you can see, I remembered my night action last night. :D

UGH I was composing an oh-so-detailed post when MF ended the day in the middle of my editing it. >:( I don't remember most of what I said. I remember asking Light if he really thought it was a good idea to give Wargle her power back, since even if she flipped innocent (which she did) she could easily be a half-mafia. I also remember wondering why the only working when the user is dead part wasn't part of the power given to Light, and thinking maybe it was a stipulation on every single one of Wargle's powers (if more than one). I guess that sort of fits a Slowpoke.

Also, I wonder why we didn't get a rumour last game day. If it's not just the case that the rumours only happen every other day for some reason, that would imply that it's probably an active power than a passive one, and the rumour-spreader either chose not to use it (maybe it has limited uses, or maybe they just forgot), or maybe they're more like a watcher whose results are broadcast in the thread.

negrek said:
For example, in the last pokéchoice mafia, Zexion did almost nothing until he was accused of being mafia.

Yea, I'm bad at not posting a lot. I tend to always use my night action, just never contribute. Doesn't always work in my favor, though.

No deaths though does tempt me to follow in and wish to lynch MF.

Though, first Mai following Light, and now Eifie following Neg.

--

meh, not complete thoughts, but the only thing i can think of. unable to elaborate at the moment.

Negrek said:
Eiiiifiiiiie????!!!

????!!! is surprise or...?

So what happened yesterday is that n0 Mai and her Gardevoir used Skill Swap on Light, which trades Skill Swap for a random action of the target's. Then n1 Light used Skill Swap on Wargle and gained Curse, which is a vig action with a chance of not working, which caused Light to believe that Wargle was mafia and vote Wargle, though Wargle later clarified that Curse could only be used after death; however, Light didn't change his vote, and it was the only vote that day, so the majority vote was for Wargle, so Wargle's dead. (Light also says that he has a method of giving Curse back to Wargle = ?)

Also, I wonder why we didn't get a rumour last game day. If it's not just the case that the rumours only happen every other day for some reason, that would imply that it's probably an active power than a passive one, and the rumour-spreader either chose not to use it (maybe it has limited uses, or maybe they just forgot), or maybe they're more like a watcher whose results are broadcast in the thread.

I think it's an active power, because spontaneous odd-day rumors don't really seem like MF's... thing? Also they're formatted the same way, so points for not being distinct variants of rumormongering. Maybe the night before yester(game-)day, watcher watched someone who did not act or acted without a target for one reason or another.

So, no one's died for three days :( This could mean either weird setup (cultafia? no mafia??? lynch mf and win?????), inactive mafia, lucky roleblocker/healer, or mafia choosing not to kill for some reason (must be that their alternate night actions are.. somehow more advantageous than killing, e.g. culting, setting up supercombo of death?) Or maybe mafia is just not acting to throw us off the scent (unlikely).

God dammit, Metal. I was right in the middle of executing a brilliant gambit.

I don't actually have a way to give Wargle her power back. If she had agreed to let herself be lynched to regain her power, it would have (probably) meant she was innocent. Or, she somehow saw through what I was doing.

????!!! is surprise or...?
Surprise and a request for further clarification. I didn't get any system messages last night, so the action Eifie used is... likely informational? Or maybe some kind of action copier/redirecter that doesn't notify the person it hits.

So what happened yesterday is that n0 Mai and her Gardevoir used Skill Swap on Light, which trades Skill Swap for a random action of the target's. Then n1 Light used Skill Swap on Wargle and gained Curse, which is a vig action with a chance of not working, which caused Light to believe that Wargle was mafia and vote Wargle, though Wargle later clarified that Curse could only be used after death; however, Light didn't change his vote, and it was the only vote that day, so the majority vote was for Wargle, so Wargle's dead. (Light also says that he has a method of giving Curse back to Wargle = ?)
Oookay, so Wargle's out of the game, as far as we know? Or she might still have some other night actions she could use; while she implied that curse was her only one, she could easily have more in a game like this. I was mostly just wondering to what extent she might still be a participant here, so thanks for explaining.

Also, this means that Light still has curse, right, and he doesn't need to be dead to use it?

Surprise and a request for further clarification. I didn't get any system messages last night, so the action Eifie used is... likely informational? Or maybe some kind of action copier/redirecter that doesn't notify the person it hits.
Well, really, I doubt most night actions would notify the target; could be healing, killing (blocked somehow), or maybe even something else. So I wouldn't think that means anything anyway; Light was aware I had used skill swap on him (that was the thing), yes, but... that's because you kind of have to know you're losing one of your night powers, unless you're in some slightly bastard context where you don't know what you're doing.

Though I'd still like to hear from Eifie, and of course the more talking the better.

I forgot my action last night. :V Of course.

I was actually thinking some kind of vig-thing myself... Wargle just claimed a vig role, and Light seemed to confirm it, so maybe that's what's going on. Of course, we'd need a bunch more people to claim killpowers before that became a reasonable guess, and even though vigs tend to be cautious early on, presumably one of them would have broken ranks and offed somebody by now.

Do I take this to mean you have a kill power?

My money's on cultafia, myself... but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any power that modifies recruitment or alignment, or sounds like it might prevent modifications to recruitment/alignment? I don't have such a power, so I suppose I don't have any evidence to point to cultafia, but Kalos Mafia had innocent recruiters as well as mafia; so, assuming they haven't been recruited to mafia already, they should still be around helping out (it'd be highly unlikely for Wargle to be a recruiter, and the only one at that, considering she supposedly didn't have an active night action).

... Though, I guess the innocent recruiter(s) outing themselves makes it pretty easy for the mafia to recruit them after. I would hope that wouldn't be a thing.

Though I'd still like to hear from Eifie

What... do you want to hear, exactly? Yes, I targeted Negrek last night. Huzzah? A bunch of random people targeted a bunch of random people last night, and I was one of them?

What... do you want to hear, exactly? Yes, I targeted Negrek last night. Huzzah? A bunch of random people targeted a bunch of random people last night, and I was one of them?

Anything you can say about what you did? So far in Night Action Game, not a lot of people have sent in their actions and no one has died (well, except for Wargle, who we lynched). We don't know how long this is going to continue, so we might as well talk while everyone can have their input; I doubt sitting here waiting until someone dies is effective, if that's what we're going for.

Anything you can say about what you did? So far in Night Action Game, not a lot of people have sent in their actions and no one has died (well, except for Wargle, who we lynched). We don't know how long this is going to continue, so we might as well talk while everyone can have their input; I doubt sitting here waiting until someone dies is effective, if that's what we're going for.

Why me, specifically? It's not like Negrek is dead or otherwise harmed, and I am really not a fan of people carelessly sharing tidbits of their roles when they contribute nothing to the discussion except letting the mafia know who to target or avoid.

Why me, specifically? It's not like Negrek is dead or otherwise harmed, and I am really not a fan of people carelessly sharing tidbits of their roles when they contribute nothing to the discussion except letting the mafia know who to target or avoid.
Because why not, basically. (And we have a discussion now, at least! That's something.) There might be something in common that you and I did that could help us ferret out the root cause of the rumors - mine was triggered when I used skill swap on Light, which gave me one of his powers in exchange for him getting it (I guess that power went to the grave with Wargle, now). I wouldn't guess that would be a duplicated power, but if you have any /actual/ information, that's best spent shared, right?

At least we're talking now. Unless they're silently manipulating us in the background, the mafia don't seem to be doing anything; so as long as this continues, we're likely to be free to talk (again, on the cultafia hook: in this case, inforoles speaking up now, etc., is good for the town in case they're converted later, the downside being they might be more likely to be converted). Yes, random claiming isn't helpful if it's just filling out a list and we don't use that information, leaving the mafia free to, but we're having an actual discussion now, I think.

Also, at some point the phase is going to end... at this rate, it's going to be tied between Eifie and MF, and I don't think that's what we want (since that was a vote/bold of curiosity, I'm assuming). Do we want to abstain/lynch the GM, inactive!lynch, or other!lynch?

Nope. If I had anything helpful from my role, I would've shared it already, regardless of whether or not the rumor had popped up. It's not like the rumors are some big mystery; they're presumably just the result of some sort of town crier role (see my earlier musings, etc.)

I continue to strongly suspect that the mafia are silently orchestrating something in the background, partly because MF's comment about the super-combo of death reminded me how much I've always wanted to see an arsonist-type role in action. If that was the case we could all just sit here for day after deathless day until the mafia blew us all up at once. (ooh... blood... I miss my Henry sprite.)

Oh, I didn't realize Negrek's thing was a vote. (Or maybe I was correct in assuming that it wasn't meant to be.) By the way, Negrek, did you have any particular reason for expecting to be informed of my targeting you last night?

Heads-up: lynching the GM doesn't count, being that he's not in the player list, so unless Negrek was just bolding that for expressiveness, we don't currently have a tied vote.

Oops, no, that was most definitely not intended to be a vote. I'll just put that in now before typing up a more interesting post, lest we have a repeat of yesterday's suprise!lynch.

Once again, retracting my "vote" for Eifie, if it needs to be bold to be official.

Well, really, I doubt most night actions would notify the target; could be healing, killing (blocked somehow), or maybe even something else.
idk, it just seems to me that a disproportionate number of roles in MF's games, the unique ones, tend to notify players more often than not... stuff like skill swap etc--and that leaves info roles, healers (I think somebody already claimed healer-variant?), bodyguards (already claimed), possibly the town crier thing (which is sort of an inforole)... but yeah, I probably shouldn't assume.

Do I take this to mean you have a kill power?
I do, though I haven't tried using it yet.

For what it's worth I can't interact with alignments in any way.

By the way, Negrek, did you have any particular reason for expecting to be informed of my targeting you last night?
:? I wasn't expecting it.

Well, if we assume the mafia (or some cult) is setting up in the background, how does that change our style of play? One way or another we probably shouldn't abstain. tbh I'd probably be most down with a random lynch; in the absence of reliable information it's probably best to leave things to chance. Inactive lynch okay too, it's a shaky criterion for lynching, but I can understand the rationale. Really, we do need to start killing people, though. (Having said this I can 100% guarantee that I'd be the first person the randomizer picked to die. >>)

At this point I don't know that there's anything we can really plan for in the night. Not enough (living) people have claimed for us to really put together much of anything. There's Alligates' claim of announcing whoever targeted her at night, so we could ask someone with an innocuous power to target her, and if she lives, and nothing crazy and/or obviously contradictory to their claimed power happens, gj, they're cleared?

Actually, that would be more useful with a power that did give some sort of notifier (like Butterfree's ability to send messages during the last game)--that way Alligates could confirm that she saw whatever effect, and we could also see that she'd been targeted by the claiming player. Can't think of any claimed powers so far for which that'd be useful, though.

...not that I can think of any out of the current claimed powers for which that would be a useful or anything, but hey, it's an option.

There's Alligates' claim of announcing whoever targeted her at night, so we could ask someone with an innocuous power to target her, and if she lives, and nothing crazy and/or obviously contradictory to their claimed power happens, gj, they're cleared?

Well, if we do assume that the mafia is setting up in the background, people are absolutely not cleared if they target Alligates and she lives. So there's that.

I've been giving everyone and their mom free passes in my head because of uneventful nights and days, etc., etc., but we are most definitely hearing much less from Visitor Message than usual. What's up with that, man?

I've been giving everyone and their mom free passes in my head because of uneventful nights and days, etc., etc., but we are most definitely hearing much less from Visitor Message than usual. What's up with that, man?
Travel. I haven't been following the discussion very closely, and I missed sending in some of my night actions :/

It's worth noting that I arrived back home last night, but I'm still too jetlagged to think right now.

Hmm. Well, okay. Let's see, what were my other thoughts...

I have a roleblocking power, but I haven't been using it because it's just too limited to use on a whim. I have to choose one person to protect, but can only protect them from three specific players, and less every time I use it. Without anyone to suspect, using the power would just be weakening myself for unknown results.

Could you elaborate (if your role PM even told you), what you meant by "protect"? Like, is it just the usual healing thing, or is it more like roleblocking the three specific players if and only if they target your target?

I'm wondering because if it's not actually just a regular heal, that might help us figure out what the mafia could be doing behind the scenes, because we haven't heard anything about just plain doctors in this game so far.

Back
Top Bottom