• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [NIGHT 0]

I'm also going with superbird.

Foamy seems to be making the best argument yet.

How the hell is res Mafia in almost every game he's in?

I guess superbird since everyone doing it, but hell, 5 pages ti go through, damn this game. Maybe tommorrow.

Agreeing that Superbird is being suspicious; you don't decide to lynch people because you have a gut feeling. It's just not how Mafia goes. And even if Tailsy is Mafia, I don't think she's the type to randomly drop hints telling us that she's a Mafia doctor or something.

However, it's possible that sreservoir activated an alien and then got shot by someone. Then it's possible that Superbird is Obfuscating Stupidity.

Guys, guys!

Remember what happened in this other mafia game?

tl;dr: Kam was an alien and got activated, then got everyone to lynch him by being suspicious. Then his ego got the best of him and lost his chance to win.

I'm probably just paranoid, but I think we should wait a bit first.

I agree that Superbird is being suspicious, but I'm a bit nervous that he might actually be the alien, since I do think there are two Mafia factions...so I'm not going to vote for him atm at least. His accusations seem a bit like he's trying to look suspicious.

Adding on to my first post.

I think the safest thing to do now would be to leave Superbird to tomorrow. Since if Superbird was targeted last night, the Mafia would know that Superbird is Alien since she's not dead, so they should kill off Superbird for us. If Superbird is not dead the next day, then she's probably not the Alien.

Probably, because she might be a Mafia-affiliated Alien or some new role that nobody knows about.

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 1]

I'm just going to let you people decide on your own. All I'll say is that if you do lynch me, just see. And remember what I said.

Oh, yeah. I promise I'm not alien, so don't let that be a concern.

Hm. That's kind of nerve-wracking...

Ugh, I hate doing this, but I'm going to abstain from voting. My only likely suspicion is Superbird, and I don't want to lynch him in case he's the activated alien. Also because nobody will agree if I randomly pick someone. >:( MEANIES.

Since there are unknown roles and we shouldn't rely too heavily on the standard guidelines, wouldn't there be a chance of there being no alien at all?
And if anyone was activated last night, the flavor text would've dropped a hint.

EDIT: Backing up first statement because I like my proof.
TVTropes Sign Up thread said:
- The roles do not necessarily have any counterpart among the standard roles defined in the mafia rules thread. Conversely, the roles from the mafia rules thread don't necessarily exist, or if they do exist in some form it may be in a slightly or heavily modified form to fit better with their counterpart trope. There is at least one mafia faction and there is an innocent faction, but nothing else is certain. Some roles may function in a very unconventional manner. Nothing is impossible.
- Since we're playing with secret roles, you have no idea what roles exist in the game. Certain roles may be privy to a bit more prior information than others, however, as detailed in their role PMs. If you're confused about your role or want to know how your role would function in some hypothetical scenario, feel free to ask me at any time.

Well, of course. We're playing the safe option - it's possible that Superbird is an activated alien, and that would mean everyone automatically loses except him if we lynch him. As much as I dislike abstaining, I don't want the game to end that early.

I'm just going to let you people decide on your own. All I'll say is that if you do lynch me, just see. And remember what I said.

Just see.. what? There's always the plausible possibility that Superbird is alien, and somebody suggested that we wait until tomorrow, so I'll wait. We still have another over twenty-four hours, right? I think I'll see how things turn out.

I checked earlier today and there was only a page then suddenly four pages more. D:

So, um, Superbird has definitely brought suspicion upon himself. Is it possible that he is telling the truth of not being alien, but that he has a role similar to an alien? Maybe a role that, if killed, takes a bunch of players with him? These ARE experimental roles so maybe.

On the other hand he could actually be alien. Saying that they aren't alien is a way to throw people off into thinking that they really aren't alien but it is a suspicious thing to say that might cause people to think "hey he isn't an alien and he's suspicious lets lynch him" which could result in the person actually being the alien and killing everyone.

To put it so that I and other people can understand it, I think Superbird is alien and his little post where he said that he isn't alien was meant to make us think that there is no threat involved by lynching him. So if we lynch him we die and he wins.

...I'm going to go with abstaining for now. No one likes a loose alien :(

...Yeah, okay, I change my vote to abstain, then, good point. Aliens seem like too good a role for Butterchuru to pass up in some form or another, so we should at least be safe about things.

; ; I'm never staying offline again ahhg why do you guys post so much!?

I sort of have very little to say considering everything has been said. Feh. Just wanna make sure y'all know I'm here (AND QUEER ahaha okay) and uh, yeah, my absence isn't creepy I was legit having a migraine and couldn't get on the computer. :[

Okay so we're suspecting Superbird? Hr. From what he's said I'm gathering he's probably what he considers to be an important role to the innocents, if we take him at face value, which I am because I don't really think he's lying. I'm also just not gonna vote right now because I literally just came in and that would be sort of sudden sooo yep. But so far I'll stick to abstaining.

There's also the possibility that Superbird has an inspector role and has no idea how to subtly drive people toward a known mafia member, but alien or some related and unpleasant role is looking a bit more likely. Or it could be an ingenious plan of a mafia member to not want to kill him in case he's useful/dangerous? Or an unactivated alien who wants the mafia to target him tonight because they don't know what he does but it's kinda suspicious, then have us lynch him tomorrow under the assumption that the mafia not killing him means he's a safe target?

We could probably avoid most of the worst with a public declaration stating that we will lynch him tomorrow should he not die tonight, so the mafia has incentive to target him if he is indeed the alien; otherwise they might just leave him be, taking our advantage of his suspicion of his alien-ness to be able to target/lynch innocent people and then night-kill him at the last moment.

Then again, he could be an over-eager innocent. But since it seems that this is not his first mafia game ever, the tendency of everyone to become suspicious of anyone who's overly suspicious without justification should, by now, be obvious and exploitable.

"I'm not alien" (along with its more common counterpart, "I'm not mafia") is a meaningless statement at best. Being cryptic and making empty statements is anti-town; I'd think you would have gleaned that from everyone's attitude toward res, if nothing else. If you're truly innocent then you will do a better job explaining why we should be so suspicious of Tailsy and give us a reason to want to keep you around; as it stands, you're only giving us a reason to sit back and either wait for the mafia to say "fuck you, Superbird, no alien for you" and just lynch you ourselves tomorrow if they don't because you're with them. (And certainly being defeatist about it isn't helpful to the innocents, either! Even if your lynching was inevitable, wouldn't you rather leave your fellow townies with more concrete stuff to go on than a bit of know-it-all snarking?)

@Minkow, since no one's addressed that:

The flavor text posted at the end of a day or night can be indicative of how somebody died. There may even be details that have meaning for certain roles but not for others. However, again, never assume in this game.

Can be, not will be, and "never assume". There's no guarantee that she'd have mentioned alien activation--after all, most GMs don't mention that in the flavor anyway. Hell, we can't even be certain that res was some sort of don or whatever.

EDIT: gaah this game is sucking up all of my time I've been watching it all day and how is it 10:40 pm I need to write D: I haven't even clicked (that many of) the links D:

EDIT2: oh yeah. Abstain. It would be awesome if we had another lead, but we don't. Blah.

Last edited:

I'd like to abstain also, just because, as said above, it'd be better to not get a maybe-Mafia (especially since - one way or another - we got one last night) than risk everyone losing in the first day of the game starting. Though one person taking out 48 others in one hit would, I think, make Mafia history X3

Wow 5 pages of posts.

Okay. Initial, very tired impression: Let's lynch Superbird. Cryptic comments should not save you from the lynching block, and I am a firm believer in lynching every day. Okay, maybe they're an alien, but even if this game is really weird with, say, 5 aliens, 1 out of 10 is good enough odds for me. 1 out of 49 should be good enough for the rest of you. And as stereotypical as lynching the one who suggested a lynch is, I feel that this is still an okay idea.

Back
Top Bottom