• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 2]

I really don't like this idea. Not because it is bad - because I really don't want it to be true. D: The solution for that would be to lynch Vixie, but she could be an alien. She could have chosen Mawile to "inspect" as mafia, not knowing that she actually was mafia. And then the mafia would attack her and she would be activated and then we would be all GRARRG YOU ARE A LIAR and lynch her and she would win. :/

Though given that as far as I remember Mawile tends to roleclaim often, I don't see this claim as being too suspicious. Or is that what she wants us to think?

Your logic. I don't get it.
If Mawile is not mafia, then we would've lynched an innocent and everyone would know it. Then the mafia won't attack Vixie because they know that she's not the inspector/is plotting something evil. And the next day we all lynch Vixie and all is well.

Or, if Mawile is mafia, then the Mafia will attempt to kill Vixie, since she's probably the inspector. Some healer might protect Vixie, so she might not get activated. If nobody heals her and the Mafia attack hits, then Vixie basically is going to have a hard time getting lynched, since she just killed a Mafia.

So, I don't think Vixie is Alien. Unless it's some special TVtropes alien role that we don't know about. :(

You targeted someone on the zeroth night, Walker? Mind explaining why? And (if we're going to be demanding it of Vixie) why Mawile?

I mean, I don't mind giving you a couple of nights to off Mawile (too many nights without Mawile dying = suspicion on you, sorry, even if the mafia might have a doctor or if Mawile has some sort of protection) for safety's sake but just... why?

(I mean, unless Mawile is an alien or someone's lying somewhere, that would likely mean the vigilante, inspector, and a healer all targeted Mawile within the first two nights. I haven't been paying much attention to the mafia past of everywhere, so I have to ask - is Mawile in any way special?)

This very much.

My head asplode.

Vixie is still suspicious of trying to alien-lover win this then.

I don't think there's any way to develop some sort of "Walker protection plan" without tipping too many hands, you guys. I'd like to keep him around too, really I would, but all this stressing out over it is getting us nowhere. I think it's wisest to make a plea to any other innocent killing roles we might have (or the othermafia, perhaps) to take care of Mawile just in case Walker doesn't survive the night. Healers and protectors, do what you can, but use your best judgment, please.

Hrml. Good point there.

I think we should just lynch an inactive today, just because Mawile is really suspicious and I don't want an alien death :(

Everyone, we really need to think of a way to heal Walker without a healer clash.
Easy! We know that Kratos is always the doctor, so we have him heal Walker and tell all the other healers to stay away!

In any case, things certainly have gotten interesting since I was here last. There seems to be a whole lot of Mawile-targeting going on. At least Vixie and Walker claim to have targeted her--and why? The inspection especially is weird. You would expect someone to want to know how the major players are aligned, rather than someone who (my impression is) isn't as influential a mafioso. Why did you target Mawile, Walker (and Vixie, too, though you've already been asked and failed to answer this question once)?

I'm not terribly pleased with abstaining twice in a row, but unless we want to try "lynch the inactive" today there's not much we have to go on. If Walker can off Mawile in the night, we'll get our kill in for today anyway. I guess I'll abstain since voting will presumably be called by this time tomorrow night.

(For those of you who didn't get the Kratos thing, it's a running gag that Kratos is always given the doctor role (and dies on night one). I have no idea what Kratos' actual role in this game might be.)

Well. The amount of 'so wait what does that mean' 'no wait it could be this' 'but then wouldn't he' is making my ears ring. Why might both Walker and Vixie target Mawile? If she did something suspicious here or in some other game, then you could understand, but she seems like another innocent; why choose her... Well, I dunno, just some random thoughts from me.

And as for lynching... I'm gonna go with abstain. Should there be an oracle role, it would be good -- I think so, anyway -- to ask about alien. Doctors heal outed inforoles, so if it comes up 'activated', don't you worry about telling.

But... hrm. [chews on her ring pop worriedly like Lauren]

Anyway, on the one hand, I don't /think/ Vixie's mafia. Even though she always dies on night one as well, or is mafia. But then I have no idea what Mawile's even doing, yeah. We definitely need to hear from... well, everyone would be nice, but more from Vixie and Walker, as I said... Is the vigilante role the type that dies if hits an innocent, or not? And what makes Vixie sure Mawile's not alien? Things like that.

Let's see, we had two deaths last night, including Superbird... But no one knows why he was bleeding out of his ears, still, right? I wouldn't just put that aside -- if Kratos can incorporate my action-ranting into his intelligence, then flavortext what has been explicitly stated as probably revealing should be noted.

One last thing...

orrr we could always try to figure out some convoluted system so that we can be assured that one doctor heals Walker and the other/rest don't.

but unfortunately I can't think of any way to go about doing that without explicit roleclaim.

Um, should we take this as saying you're doctor? Not sure if I should be drawing attention if you /are/, but um... curious.

hrng it's probably obvious I got like no sleep last night \o/ carry on!

So I think it's safe to say that Mawile is indeed Alien. It's post was very "I'm alien let's be super suspicious and get lynched". I forget if I've done so already, but I'm going to abstain for today. That being said, I think that Walker or one of the mafia factions should target Mawile tonight, just to be safe.

Um, should we take this as saying you're doctor? Not sure if I should be drawing attention if you /are/, but um... curious.

If I were doctor, I probably would have outright roleclaimed by now. No, I'm not doctor, nor does my role allow me to in any way protect Walker tonight.

I'm more suspicious of Vixie than Mawile, actually. Mawile could easily be an alien (there's a very good trope for that, actually, but I don't want to give it away in case she needs to role-claim). Considering how Superbird got killed after making a hasty roleclaim, the mafia isn't very forgiving. She'll get offed; no point in lynching her.

...here's what I recommend for the healers. If your name begins with the letters A-M, heal Vixie, and if your name begins with the letters N-Z, heal Walker. It gives us a 50/50 chance of either protecting them both or clash-killing one of them... the chances are still piss-poor but it's the best idea anyone's recommended so far.

I'm more suspicious of Vixie than Mawile, actually. Mawile could easily be an alien (there's a very good trope for that, actually, but I don't want to give it away in case she needs to role-claim). Considering how Superbird got killed after making a hasty roleclaim, the mafia isn't very forgiving. She'll get offed; no point in lynching her.

Wat. I received a mafia result by inspecting Mawile. This makes me suspicious how? I realise there is a possibility of alien but I really don't think she is, especially given non-standard roles.

As for the earlier questions asking why Mawile, there are silly restrictions on my inspecting patterns I'm not allowed to reveal.

EDIT: apparently I can give a hint: numbers

...here's what I recommend for the healers. If your name begins with the letters A-M, heal Vixie, and if your name begins with the letters N-Z, heal Walker. It gives us a 50/50 chance of either protecting them both or clash-killing one of them... the chances are still piss-poor but it's the best idea anyone's recommended so far.
This is super-helpful and by "super" I mean "not at all".

Ugh, can't we all just be Mafia?

OH I KNOW
maybe Vixie can only inspect the number she rolls on a random number generator! That would suck.

But how would Butterchuru know that Vixie had really randomized it without a bunch of screenshotting or something? Not that I think Vixie would try to skew the results, but it just seems like too falsifiable a thing for a GM to want to try for a role in the first place. Eh, I dunno, maybe. Was your investigation of Tailsy also part of the restriction, Vixie? Can you say at least that much?

I'm with Linoone on this. I want to get going and lynch while the going's good, because chances are this is the last momentum/luck we're going to have for a while what with the doctors and/or mafia likely to (possibly inadvertently) go all fuck you Walker or Vixie or whomever. No sense risking a vote for Mawile since, again, it will probably be dealt with by a killing role/the othermafia. Shall we look for someone who has viewed and not posted (and I mean actually not posted >>;) again? Bloodmania still has nothing to say, and, let's see, there's... Big Red Cherry Bomb, Flower Doll, Worst Username Ever, Espeon, blazheirio889 and joe mama. (Also, for reference, the people who have only posted once, most if not all of whom didn't contribute anything substantial with that single post: Zora of Termina, Littlestream, Cabbage Merchant, Zhorken, Teh Ebil Snorlax, moon-panther) Those lists are comparatively lengthy and probably account more for fear of the game's speed and massive size than they do for "all lurking mafia", but I still think losing someone who isn't contributing is a better idea than waiting around.

I think we might as well go with Bloodmania as we started to yesterday. If any of you feel like redeeming yourselves (because if we have no leads again tomorrow then the rest of you are still fair game IMO), I suggest you speak up. Don't roleclaim unless you feel you really need to, but give us a hand here, people. >|

(@Negrek: it's not a very funny running gag. :( )

Vixie ♥;450221 said:
Wat. I received a mafia result by inspecting Mawile. This makes me suspicious how? I realise there is a possibility of alien but I really don't think she is, especially given non-standard roles.

I just found your result to come out of the blue; why inspect Mawile? In addition, her reaction was a bit odd as well.

As for the earlier questions asking why Mawile, there are silly restrictions on my inspecting patterns I'm not allowed to reveal.

EDIT: apparently I can give a hint: numbers

That's pretty vague, but considering Superbird's role restrictions I'll believe you. It would be nice if you said who you had inspected the previous nights, though. (Have you already said that? I haven't checked up on the thread in a while.)

This is super-helpful and by "super" I mean "not at all".

If you've got a better idea for how to avoid healer clash then I highly recommend you tell us.

I have nothing helpful to contribute; my apologies. :(

However, I agree with Kratos that lynching inactives is probably the best way to go for now. If Mawile dies during the night (likely), we'll know if she's mafia and it's just generally safer. Voting to lynch Bloodmania.

Okay, for lack of anything to add to the discussion at this point I'll change my vote again to Bloodmania. Uhh, yeah. :|

But how would Butterchuru know that Vixie had really randomized it without a bunch of screenshotting or something? Not that I think Vixie would try to skew the results, but it just seems like too falsifiable a thing for a GM to want to try for a role in the first place. Eh, I dunno, maybe. Was your investigation of Tailsy also part of the restriction, Vixie? Can you say at least that much?

It's possible that Butterfree uses a random generator and then tells Vixie the alignment of a player... but that doesn't really suggest 'numbers' as a useful clue, does it? :/

I suppose I'll go for Bloodmania too.

(though can I say here that I'm going away for the weekend to a place with probably no internet (Cornwall) and I'm not intentionally being inactive if I don't post for the next couple of days)

Mawile is number one on the list. A few possibilities for Vixie's restrictions:
a) she has to inspect the person whose number on the list corresponds with the night number.
b) she can only inspect people with odd numbers.
c) she can only inspect people with odd numbers on odd nights, and even numbers on even nights.

Anyway, I'm going to go with Bloodmania for now. We should know what to do by tomorrow morning.

EDIT: derp, missed the part where she claimed to have inspected Tailsy on N0. She's 32; rules out all my things except c. C isn't necessarily true, though. We'll see, I guess.

No. No. 50/50 is not a good chance, at all. We'd have a better chance of getting them both out alive if we just let the healers do whatever they want. And if there are more than two healers, we've basically doomed. So, healers, don't just focus on Vixie and Walker. There are other people you can heal, too!

(I would suggest Kratos because Kratos dying of a healer clash would be too funny.)

Lots of people said:
Vixie conspiracy theories

Is it possible that Vixie can only choose to investigate someone in the list between the two numbers Butterchuru randomly picked and sent to her? Maybe Vixie just got unlucky and received two 1's and had no choice but to investigate Mawile.

(@Negrek: it's not a very funny running gag. :( )

At least you didn't die on the first night, right? :p

It would be nice if you said who you had inspected the previous nights, though. (Have you already said that? I haven't checked up on the thread in a while.)

Vixie investigated Tailsy on the first night. Or so she claims.

If you've got a better idea for how to avoid healer clash then I highly recommend you tell us.

Just let the healers use their best judgements. They don't technically have to heal Vixie and Walker, per say, because that puts the chance of a healer-clash death way up. It's possible that there are more than two healers, by any chance. So. As Kratos said before, use your best judgment, healers!

I'm going to vote Bloodmania for lynching because he hasn't done anything yet and it's better than abstaining. Walker and other Vigs, we're counting on you!

c) she can only inspect people with odd numbers on odd nights, and even numbers on even nights.

EDIT: derp, missed the part where she claimed to have inspected Tailsy on N0. She's 32; rules out all my things except c. C isn't necessarily true, though. We'll see, I guess.

I don't think it's likely that c) is the case since there are more...conspicuous people with odd numbers that she could have chosen to investigate on night one. But with only two numbers I guess we can't really hope to figure out the pattern. I guess we'll have to wait and see. That is, if Vixie is really inspector and survives the night. It's possible that the Mafia may choose to go after someone less obvious after all this talk about how to get Vixie and Walker healed tonight.

I'll vote for Bloodmania too, seeing how we've got no reply from him even though he was nominated on day one as well.

I have no idea what to do with the whole Vixie and Mawile thing, so I'll just go on with the bandwagon.

Bloodmania

Eh, sure. The whole Vixie thing is a bit confusing, but I think c) is a good idea. I guess I'll bandwagon and vote Bloodmania.

Back
Top Bottom