• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 3]

I think the "don't roleclaim or you'll die at night!" thing is a hoax; if anything I believe the mafia is trying to scare us away from doing so because it makes their job easier. I will roleclaim if necessary to prove this.
I'm guessing you're referring to me seeing as I said the whole don't roleclaim thing?
Well, I kinda said it was a bit of a joke because of the little pattern that I noticed. If I was Mafia, I would probably encourage people to roleclaim so then I knew who to target the next night. I think it would be the Mafia's goal to out all the revealed roles first?

However, seeing as Ketsu roleclaimed MI and didn't die, my theory of 'MIs are a cult' is definitely incorrect. If only I picked up on Ketsu's not-death before I posted, I look like an idiot now D:

(And Jack, since you've all but claimed anyway, is there any way you can share your information with us without naming the trope itself?
Since Butterchuru has specified that it isn't auto-roleclaim-GM-death, I feel safe saying that I have Expospeak. My info is: "In particular, you've heard that language can, in fact, be surprisingly deadly, if employed with enough precision."

(Jack, that was Kusari who first mentioned Ketsu, fyi, not me--this is the first time I'm posting today.)
Sorry. Saw a K with useful information, assumed it was you. Be flattered :)

I really have no clue why I survived. I wasn't told I couldn't roleclaim or that there was a chain death ala the Lovers. Maybe there's three killing roles in the Mafia? Or three Mafia fractions?
Could the chain death be something like anyone else who roleclaims with you dies (but not you)?

Butterchuru explicitly said that role-specific, suicide-by-God methods would be stated in the role PM. This probably means that, if Ketsu's PM said nothing about her dying, there's nothing special about the informants - they're probably the vanilla innocents, after all. And it's not just an aspect of the game either for the same reason. So surely we should look for powers that would cause this to other people, and assume someone has said power?

I am a mysterious Informant with ExpoSpeak. I didn't die. My info was:

You don't do much, really - but you hang around in all sorts of places and know the talk of the town, and it just might be of use to somebody. Well, you haven't really noticed anything strange, but perhaps that's exactly what's so strange: you'd think there would be gang wars in such a populous town...?

SO I am almost CERTAIN there is only one mafia faction here... Unless someone else takes my info differently...

It was really odd how the Flavour text said 'three roleclaimers' so I think the fact they did led someone to kill them.

Theory that I randomly thought of: maybe Zhorken was an alive-channeler person, explaining how he knew Skylark's role message. Also, what with the 3 MI deaths, is this a case of Anyone Can Die? Maybe they had a time limit to their life and roleclaimed before they did? It's my only explanation for how Ketsu didn't die but everyone else did.

Eh, it's not the best theory, but...

Well, this is not pleasant.

We can safely assume that Walker killed Mawile from the flavor text, but as for the three MIs...

Could this be the case of I Know Your True Trope? Only those who explicitly roleclaimed could be targeted, which is why three of our MIs are dead.

And maybe some healer/protector protected Ketsu in an attempt to not overdose Walker or Vixie, so that's why she's still alive.

Although poor Walker is still dead :(
It's probably safe to assume that he's dead from overdose, since his insides exploded

Since Butterchuru has specified that it isn't auto-roleclaim-GM-death, I feel safe saying that I have Expospeak. My info is: "In particular, you've heard that language can, in fact, be surprisingly deadly, if employed with enough precision."

So, somebody has a Power Trope that can kill.

It might be the power that caused the all the bleeding from the ears.

Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but could this also be evidence for that we might do have a I Know Your True Trope on our hands? Since the language is only deadly if employed with enough precision, it might mean that they need to know precisely where/what the target is before they can kill it.

My info was:

You don't do much, really - but you hang around in all sorts of places and know the talk of the town, and it just might be of use to somebody. Well, you haven't really noticed anything strange, but perhaps that's exactly what's so strange: you'd think there would be gang wars in such a populous town...?

SO I am almost CERTAIN there is only one mafia faction here... Unless someone else takes my info differently...

This is actually really useful, probably the most useful flavor text so far. If we know for sure that there's only one mafia faction, that cuts down the possibilities a lot more.

So, any Vigs out there, if there are any left, please please please don't role claim. We're going to need you to kill suspicious alien-like people for us.

Theory that I randomly thought of: maybe Zhorken was an alive-channeler person, explaining how he knew Skylark's role message. Also, what with the 3 MI deaths, is this a case of Anyone Can Die? Maybe they had a time limit to their life and roleclaimed before they did? It's my only explanation for how Ketsu didn't die but everyone else did.

If their PMs were like Wargle's, then no, since no time limit was mentioned.

Anyhow, re: Jack_the_PumpkinKing's info
If words are causing the ear-bleeding, then we have someone who for some reason killed a known mafia member and the vigilante (assuming the ear bleed + inner damage are from separate causes, although perhaps this means healing fails to block it, or the inner damage wasn't caused by a heal clash after all), which makes the person's side hard to gauge.

Though the most likely victims of the I Know Your True Trope killer are Zhorken, Skylark, and Mai - heart attack victims, with no ear bleeding.

Perhaps there's one that can target you if they know your power trope (could attack any known Mysterious Informant, plus Walker) and one that needs your true trope (who could kill the informants, and Walker, but also Superbird).

Re: Wargle's info

It does look like there's only one mafia faction. Or maybe this is their gang war. And we innocents are the enemy gang.

If their PMs were like Wargle's, then no, since no time limit was mentioned.

That's what I'm getting at, though. What if their PMs weren't like Wargle's? No sense guessing, though.

Vixie never told us any of her tropes, if I remember correctly.

That's what I'm getting at, though. What if their PMs weren't like Wargle's? No sense guessing, though.

Vixie never told us any of her tropes, if I remember correctly.

I am Captain Obvious, I said. Although, no, I didn't give my power trope. Please note I am not to be confused with Captain Oblivious, or Inspector Oblivious for that matter, which I think would have made more sense, but hey.

On that note, Vixie, do you have any information for us?

Also, we need to figure out a better system for the healers. I think it's fairly obvious that Walker was overdosed, but it's impossible to tell if that was because of a healer healing the wrong person, someone re-directing a healer, or an innocent healer and a mafia healer going after the same person (I'm betting on the latter). If one healer reveled, then the unreveled could heal them, and they could explicitly heal someone else. However, if there's only one healer, then the reveled will be Mafia-ganked, and if there are two and the mafia-healer is still around, the mafia-healer would double up on whoever is to be healed/the reveled healer. If we go back to the "magic heal this one, tech heal that one," we still run the risk of repeating what happened last night.

Oh, and we should pick someone to lynch, for sure. Eventually. Gah, so many posts...

Vixie already said at the start of the day phase that blazheirio889 was innocent.

There's also a number-based restriction about whom the powers can be used on. Each time a new person is examined, it's also a clue as to what that is, no? So far it's
32. Tailsy
1. Mawile
49. blazheirio889
all somehow determined by choosing to investigate Tailsy first.

Vixie, I'm suspicious. There's no pattern to the numbers here, I don't know why you would be given such a bizarre number pattern with a trope like Captain Obvious, and I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed to tell us your pattern.

Also, where is Blazhy? She hasn't posted here as far I remember.

I've actually been keeping up with this game, but it goes so fast and it's so hectic. :x Whenever I think of something to say, someone says it before me.

Vixie said that her role PM explicitly stated she wasn't allowed to reveal her inspecting patterns.

Since information is golden in a game like this, I've got something to say. I think I will non-specifically roleclaim now. I've got a pretty reliable source of info that I've been tapping for a while now.

I've been able to determine the following for now:

[1] There is definitely more than one healer.

[2] There is a player who can be at least loosely called an alien.

So, since I'm too lazy to read the last couple of pages thoroughly rather out of loop with what's been going on, I'm curious as to the more experienced players' opinions on this info. :/
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AccidentalInnuendo

Back
Top Bottom