• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 3]

No, hence the "...and the innocents don't need to kill them in order to win." part of my post.

Anyway! Sorry it's taken a bit; I've had a lot on my mind.

FINAL TALLY: 13 Big Red Cherry Bomb.

The suspiciously quiet Big Red Cherry Bomb is dug up and dragged to the gallows, showing absolutely no reaction as the noose is placed around his neck. Why, one would almost think he just wasn't paying any attention to what was happening to him!

The trapdoor is opened, he falls, and the body sways dully in the breeze.

"Anybody want to go through his stuff?" somebody suggests. There is a roar of approval and the crowd stampedes towards Big Red Cherry Bomb's house; uninterestingly enough, however, he doesn't appear to have had anything to do with the mafia, and to boot his house is outfitted only with the bare necessities of life; there is hardly even enough food to last through the week.

Disappointed, the villagers head home to sleep.

Big Red Cherry Bomb is dead. He was not mafia.

48 hours etc.

Last edited:
Re: TV Tropes Mafia [NIGHT 3]

As the inhabitants of Troperville awake the next morning, they find Tailsy, twisted grin on her face, lying in an alley with blood dripping from her ears but no other discernible physical damage. Worse yet, she is clutching a Legitimate Businessmen's Social Club business card.

Tailsy is dead. She was mafia.

And as if that weren't enough, as they investigate further they find yet another suspicious blood-and-gore splatter. The only other missing person, other than Tailsy, is found to be Kusarigamaitachi, and alas, it appears to have been a model citizen as they examine the evidence.

Kusarigamaitachi is dead. It was not mafia.

You have 48 hours to discuss.

Last edited:
Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 5]

Tailsy was...mafia? What. And Kusari dead...this game isn't going well.

Vixie, Foamy, any more information from last night?

ohboyherewego.jpg

In all seriousness, this is a really crazy deal, here. Jesus, Tailsy was mafia? What does that mean for us? She has posted quite a lot; theres so much she could have lied about. Also impotant, who killed her? Should we assume it was a vig, or could it be someone else?

Everything we know is wrong.

Well. Tailsy being Mafia makes Vixie look very, very suspicious, doesn't it? Vixie, anything to say about that?

I guess the blood dripping from the ears thing could be the Mafia doctor after all, and maybe Tailsy died of healer clash. But then she would have had internal bleeding like Walker did, wouldn't she? Maybe we've got another vigilante, except then Tailsy wouldn't have died at all if she'd been healed by the Mafia doctor, and there didn't seem to be a reason for a vigilante to be suspicious of her, anyway. Gah if we've only got one Mafia faction this makes no sense...maybe Kusarigamaitachi had some kind of retaliation role and Tailsy was the don? Would a doctor be able to stop that kind of death? Or MAYBE the blood dripping out of the ears thing isn't the Mafia doctor and is in fact some kind of other killing role that's not a whole Mafia faction!

This does make me wonder why Superbird accused Tailsy on the first day, though.

I agree that I want to hear more from Vixie, but do remember that she was the one who called out Mawile, and Mawile was in fact mafia. It could be that Vixie lied about Tailsy but was, for whatever reason, willing to sacrifice Mawile (mafia inspector suspicious of another faction? bah, dunno); or it could be that Vixie was telling the truth on both counts and Tailsy's role gives a false inspection result. Given that Superbird was also apparently willing to go after another mafioso, both possibilities are looking equally likely at this point.

Perhaps she sacrificed Mawile to try to gain our trust, so we wouldn't question her inspection of Tailsy? However, it seems like an overly risky move for a Mafioso to claim inspector so early to claim to have gotten an innocent result for one of their fellow Mafia members.

ETA: OR MAYBE she was intending to be found out (but probably later in the game) and was giving us results on a bunch of innocents (or maybe a mixture of Mafia and innocents), whom after the revelation of Tailsy's alignment we would become suspicious of and try to lynch, thus helping the Mafia get rid of a bunch of townies?

Last edited:

Erm... well. o_o; I don't know which to respond to first, gew dying (NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo) to Tailsy being mafia. Erk.

Well, eh. Walker is dead, and he was the only vigilante we know of, though that doesn't mean he was the only one, right. But at the moment I think it's most likely gew revenge-killed Tailsy. Either way... not much of a difference.

Either that, or we do, indeed, have multiple mafia factions. Hrm... how many people have died so far? (I could count but I'm too tired/lazy/headachy.) I think the fact that all the mafia that have been killed have been carrying the same Legitimate Businessman's Social Club card, there's probably just one faction? Either that or we hit only one of them.

We were all a bit too quick to trust Vixie. All those arbitrary rules and restrictions to her role were just a little too convenient, weren't they? I wouldn't be surprised if she set it all up.

So I will agree with newt and vote to lynch Vixie.

As for why Vixie decided to out Mawile... I can't exactly confirm why. She could have had Mawile lynched to make her lie more believable; the LBSC looks pretty big.

As for why I'm supporting newt despite him having no evidence to back up his claim: I've been suspicious of Vixie ever since she roleclaimed. Look at the earlier posts; I did question her fairly often... and to be honest, I did try to get her killed.

Besides, Minks was kind enough to confirm my roleclaim was true (with a screencap, no less; as much as I'm against using them in a game of mafia they're more or less concrete proof), so I'm a townie.

Woah. IIRC, Vixie accused Mawile of being Mafia, who then actually said "Vixie, what are you doing we're on the same side" and "Yep, I'm Mafia, as is Vixie", to which we then said "lol yeah right" and decided that if Mawile was indeed Mafia, it put Vixie in the clear. Which we were clearly wrong about.

SO MANY TWISTS AND TURNS.

But this mafia-selling-each-other out-thing confuses me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but tt's not even like Vixie and Mawile could be from two different factions that appear the same when killed, if Mawile knew that Vixie was Mafia.

We've also had a crazy number of Mafia deaths-in-the-night. Mafia-playing experts - that's not usual, is it? Even for a massive game like this?

If you like, I'll tell you everyone else I inspected or share my role doohickies! idk~!

I would like to know who NWT has inspected.

Hmm, it's true that Mawile accusing Vixie could've been a plan to make us believe Vixie was innocent.

I still want to hear from Vixie before voting for her, though. Besides, my vote won't make a difference atm anyway.

EDIT: ninja'd. Well yes, it'd be nice to know what other information you've got, if no one's got an objection to that.

Fair enough. I've already satisfied my special win condition. Lynch me if you wish. Vixie.

Vixie = lyncher
Mawile = lynchee

with random (or maybe Butterchuru was just being cruel) target generation that lead to mafia-against-mafia lyncher/lynchee?

maybe?

I confirm that NWT is inspector, so I am completely prepared to agree with him and lynch Vixie.

edit: siiiiigh ffff what.

Last edited:

Vixie ♥;454914 said:
Fair enough. I've already satisfied my special win condition. Lynch me if you wish. Vixie.

Alien esque-much?

ARRGH VIXIE MY HEAD IS SAD.

Is Vixie just trying to avoid a lynch by making us fear her?

Or is she really gonna win if we do/don't lynch her

Butterchuru did say this was a experimental game, so maybe Vixie wins if lynched, or if notlynched?

ARGGH.

General question: what does now knowing that Vixie's Mafia mean for us in regards to people she's so far claimed are innocent?

Not touching Vixie because that makes my head hurt. :P

Midnight, how do you know that NWT was an inspector?

General question: what does now knowing that Vixie's Mafia mean for us in regards to people she's so far claimed are innocent?
Well, let's see. She lied about Tailsy, she told the truth about Mawile (though that was presumably due to randomized circumstances beyond her control, as I said in my last post). She might have also lied about other mafiosi; alternatively, short of multiple factions or independent mafia, she'd have a pretty good idea of who was not on her side, and could safely "inspect" an innocent player as innocent. Were it not for NWT's recent revelation, if one of the "inspected" innocents died and flipped innocent, we would be more inclined to believe her because those deaths would confirm her "results".

So, basically, nothing we should act on either way until someone else can confirm the identities of those others. Vixie could have actually inspected them or made things up about them or guessed about them or any of a number of other things, and at this point I don't know that we can really tell one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom