• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you being for Halloween?

I was some Gothic chick, but I first thought about going as a bat, a Mew, an Eevee, or Freddie Mercury. The gothic person worked out better.

Haha, oh, that was the best Halloween ever. X3
I was a moron and forgot to bring the camera when we went out, but us three were the best ones there anyway (except maybe for the Transformers X3): Kamineko (me), House (Jemma) and Elphaba (Ruth). See?

Good times, indeed :D

I was a Pikagirl |D It was awesome. I had cute pigtails for ears (my hair is blond with black tips, hehe), a tail made of felt, a lil nose and red cheeks with facepaint, a yellow shirt that said 'Chu on This' (I'm lame), a miniskirt, rainbow toesocks, and boots. Woooo.

And moony was a Munchlax so we watched xD

I'll be getting some soon |D moony's gramma took some of us, and we might get more tonight (late Halloween party |D)

Ninjas can have swords, since when can't they?

I didn't say they couldn't have swords. I just said nunchucks or shuriken would be more ninja-like.

Anyway, my vampire costume went great =) I very nearly won the fancy dress competition, along with someone else, but the prize was alcohol so I couldn't win it. And even if I could I wouldn't drink it if you paid me =D

I didn't go but I dressed up as myself. But it was fairly boring even though I would've been scared if I had seen myself dressed up like that.

I dressed thrice actually.

During the Halloween Party on the 29th, I was a drag queen, wearing those fluffy skirt things and jelly inside a frilly bra(EUGH). A convincing one, apparently. Some guy groped me and didn't know I was a guy. It was fun, but never again.

Then yesterday(Halloween), I was Dimebag Darrel. Complete with red goatee, messy hair, army shorts and random band shirt. And a Razorback that I borrowed from a good friend.

And today I was an Unknown; I wore a bonnet which stretched over my face, a back trench coat with a hood, my black school slacks, boots and a plain black shirt. Aww yeah.

So, ideas for next year? This is my idea for next year

I plan to dress up as Darkrai and go to a party if there is one

Plans so far for making the costume:

The base for the costume would be some semi-tight black pants, simple black shoes, and an overlarge (at least 3 or 4 sizes too big) black shirt. Using some wire underneath, I would get the bottom part to stay spiked (I would wear another black shirt - a semi-tight long sleeved one, to be precise - underneath, perhaps sewing it on), using scissors to get the initial spikes. I would find a way to tighten the top shirt, excluding the shoulder part, which I would stuff with, well, stuffing, and I would use some black fabric and sew it inside to keep the stuffing in place. I would then sew on the hand to the ends of the sleeves, having special flip-back fingers with velcro where the nails of a... three fingered human being, I guess - would be, so that one could have access to their fingers for grabbing food and such without taking off the costume. The costume would have a THIRD layer for the chest part. How this would work is like this:

There would be some wire panels on the back between the first protective layer and the second layer. This would go up and hold onto a large ring that the red spikes would be built on using stuffing, wire, and maybe some styrofoam if I am having troubles. The bottom of this ring would have some black fabric draping from it, the base of which would be sewn onto the stomach part of the second layer, leading to the hourglass shape Darkrai is known for. The wire at the back keeps the ring from falling backwards and causing the whole costume to look sort of retarded

The head would use a helmet for the hair to be built upon, and a black veil for the face that could be lifted up for food and drink. The eyes would be made of blue, clear plastic. I haven't decided whether the pupils will be black, clear plastic or just holes in the middle of the blue plastic yet

If the costume looks good, then I may sell it for 20% more than the materials cost (labour cost is a bitch, isn't it?). I would start building it roughly the beginning of September so that I can get a part-time job and, well, get enough money to buy the materials. Of course, if people donate money for me to make the costume, then I can start on it a bit sooner, and then all the money made from selling it would go to charity

Anybody like this idea?

TL;DR Version

I plan to make a wicked Darkrai costume. If I buy the materials with my own money, I will sell it to somebody and keep the money to make another costume with. If you guys donate money instead, then I will sell it and donate the money to charity

Only problem with donation is convincing my parents that it is a good idea. If I can't, well, then I will use my own money then get the donations after my b-day (18 is such a magical number) to replace the money used, saving it for the next costume, and then, of course, sell it off to the highest bidder and donate the money after I use the costume once for a party (allowing ample chances to take pictures)

I really do like this idea. One thing I should tell you beforehand is that Darkrai only has one aye. The one on the right [It's left] to be precise.

No, I am sure it has two eyes. One is obscured by the white hair most of the time, however

No, I am sure it has two eyes. One is obscured by the white hair most of the time, however
I refer to this as smoke. But if it is covered, then you only really need to do one.

Bulbapedia said:
It has a small black head with a white substance erupting from its head covering one of its bright blue eyes

Yeah, it does have two.

I refer to this as smoke. But if it is covered, then you only really need to do one.

True, but considering the veil/eye combination is going to impair visibility as it is, I think it would be better to leave both eyes on, so that the costume wearer, whether they are myself or someone else, can see a bit better

I was a Heavenly Devil. Someone asked me if I had already gone to their house, so there was another one lurking around...

I dressed thrice actually.

During the Halloween Party on the 29th, I was a drag queen, wearing those fluffy skirt things and jelly inside a frilly bra(EUGH). A convincing one, apparently. Some guy groped me and didn't know I was a guy. It was fun, but never again.

Then yesterday(Halloween), I was Dimebag Darrel. Complete with red goatee, messy hair, army shorts and random band shirt. And a Razorback that I borrowed from a good friend.

And today I was an Unknown; I wore a bonnet which stretched over my face, a back trench coat with a hood, my black school slacks, boots and a plain black shirt. Aww yeah.
xD Those all sound so awesome! Pics? Especially of the Drag Queen one.

I stayed in but went as a Pokemon Ranger.

Looked Okay, not my best, last year I went as Ness, year before that went as Olimar which was a failure

*I mean a Registeel with an Olimar costume on does't work.*

I was Death. It was quite fun. I had gloves on with glow-in-the-dark bones on them, and I carried around a sword that I used to cut open kid's bags and spill all over the ground! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
I really am just kidding

I ended up going as a vampire.
WITH NO FANGS.
Apperently, in the mirror, i figured out that the face powder ended up in my hair, so's I gathered up an old cane and went as an old vampire.
The Halloween god punished me with flyers and a fish.DX

Back
Top Bottom