• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to do as a job when you're older?

Well, now that I AM an adult, I have no clue. I've been job searching a bit, but I would really like to get my writing going for good. I finally have central characters, a steady plot, a central theme, and a reason to write it.

Right about now, I have no idea. D:

I've considered game writing (the creative side of things), or just a general fiction writer, diplomat, local politician (though that's not entirely something you prepare for, it just happens), and mangaka (that's unrealistic at this point. :P).

If that stuff doesn't pan out, my backup is law enforcement. RCMP ideally. It would probably be easier to join the city police than it would be to join the RC, but that might explain why our city cops up here are how they are. They seem to be a little bit on the crooked/lazy end of things, while even the gangsta "Fuck the po-leece" sort of people seem to respect the RC... Anyway. Yeah, police officer seems to be my backup plan at the moment.

You can be my chief of security when i'm PM. 8)

What do you play?
Right now? Guitar (including bass), clarinet, trumpet and cello. Okay, I don't know much about the cello, but my family does have one and I can play some stuff on it. I plan to learn how to play the violin, trombone, and various Celtic instruments in the future.

Eh, I don't really know that well. Might be a writer or novelist, perhaps. Or I'd like to do drawing for games like Pokemon, creating the monster's designs or whatnot sounds like an awesome job.

Supreme overlord of some company like Game Freak so I can make millions of dollars doodling random monsters and yet not have to do any real work because I could c/p all of the awesome monsters into the same formulaic game! And it would make me millions of dollars did I say that already? It's brilliant!

The daydreamer in me wants to write novels; the cruel, dream-devouring sadist in me wants to be a publishing house editor; the realist in me wants to be a web designer. That's what I'm actively signing up to study now, so I guess it's web designer.

I really want to be a writer when I'm older, but I don't really know yet, I'm too young. I could be a musician, or a Swimmer, or Water Polo player, or maybe a teacher (yuck!). But for now I'll just enjoy my life.

I suppose it's a matter of taste.

I suppose. And I guess it'd depend on which exam board you're doing it with, too. You'd better hope you're not with the WJEC - they're really, really horrible.

As to the thread's actual purpose, I could go one of two [realistically] ways. I could easily go on and become a barrister or I could go and do something in the area of biology.

Right now I'm leaning towards biology [seeing as I'm spending an extra year in college to do it] but law will always be my back up. I'm looking at genetics, perhaps, or maybe even biochemistry. Not too sure yet.

My "dream" is to become an author, I guess, but that could come later. I could always write science-fiction type stuff based on what I'm researching or whatever. I guess it'd be fun. I hope to get one [fiction] book published by the time I'm dead, though.

Back
Top Bottom