• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to do as a job when you're older?

This is a tough question because I DON'T want a job.

I'll probably just end up as some worthless cashier at Tesco. :I

There are about five million things that I'd consider doing, concept art for games, something involving physics-y science, perhaps an illustrator or something like that... Also I think I'd like to write, as well, but apparently most people who write (some things, at least) have another main job so I can do a bit of that at the same time as something else, perhaps.

If we're being unrealistic here, it'd be kind of interesting to design sets or something for big stage productions, but like that's ever going to happen, I don't think so. It isn't even something I'm terribly interested in, but I'd do it for a while if it would be really easy to do. Except it isn't, so.

I pretty much have no idea, so when people ask me I usually just say I want to be a fish.

Acting. Most probably theatre, but not the singing theatre. I can't sing for cookies. For cake, however is a different story...

Either that, or an author. Or a cartoonist. or a game tester/designer. Also, I once thought about being an English teacher in a foreign country. like France, or Greece.

I have no idea what I want to be. Something with computers... that's all I know.

I'm going to join the RAF~
Not that I have any idea what I'm going to do in there, but that's not important, rite? =D

Botany would also be an interesting thing to do, but

a) my grades probably aren't good enough
b) I don't know if I could actually put up with the more boring aspects of a science job
c) all the plants I'd like to study are off in Indonesia and various other places
d) I don't think you can go to a foreign country and study odd things if you don't have a cool accent.

Maybe I'll just stick with drawing. :(

I know exactly what i want to do.
I want to go to art school for a few years then I'm going become an art teacher for either elementary or middle school. While i'm teaching some wonderful lessons I'm also going to start a small buisness for illustration. I'll have a website that shows most of my artwork from ninth grade to present. *Is raising money for programs like illustrator and photoshop*
And hopefully i'll get a few well paying jobs from people.
I also plan on writing a few books that'll hopefully sell pretty well if at all.
Which i'll illustrate myself.

And i'm going to make a pokemon website.
*Is already working on content for*

I'm also making efforts to get a laptop, preferably a toughbook. So i don't have to practically wrestle my brother off the computer every time i want a turn.

Never make plans when you want an art career, especially if you think any books or comics you'll make will sell well. In 90% of the cases, they go crashing down in flames and are rejected by every editor ever.

Not even the faintest clue.

My friend and I had some idea about starting a sketch show following in the footsteps of Monty Python, but obviously that's just an aimless pipe dream and will never happen.

Last edited:
Never make plans when you want an art career, especially if you think any books or comics you'll make will sell well. In 90% of the cases, they go crashing down in flames and are rejected by every editor ever

*sigh*
i know, but at least i have a dream to work twords even if it doesnt come true i'll have at least tried and there's nothing that's stopping me from trying again.

The quickest way to dash a dream is to give up on it.

Never make plans when you want an art career, especially if you think any books or comics you'll make will sell well. In 90% of the cases, they go crashing down in flames and are rejected by every editor ever.

Exactly why I never say I want a job making comics anymore. :T

Well, I'd prefer to be an artist, but first I would need some ideas XD
Or maybe an author.
That reminds me, I need to finish up my story before my next birthday. Better get going.
But if that doesn't work, I'll see what else I want to do at the time. After all, I have lots of time to decide. I'm only 11.

I don't ever give up.
Sometimes i take a break or let things go but i never give up.

one time i tsaid to someone...
"you just have to keep trying til you find your story, it might take a few tries but if you keep writing you'll find it eventually."
I pretty much live by that. just keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

But then you can be a penniless bohemian and wear awesome clothes and sing songs about paying rent and stuff :3

Back
Top Bottom