• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What was your first ever Pokémon game?

Re: What was your first ever Pokémon game?

My first game was Gold, I remember getting it for Christmas along with a purple GBC and a Winnie the Pooh game. My first Pokemon was Chikorita, because I thought it was the girl Pokemon. I also remember not being able to pronounce some of the bigger words used in the game (I thought intriguing was pronounced "in-gur-ij-ing", among other things)

Blue. Seeing Blastoise on the front is what got me to like Pokemon. I used to hate Pokemon, until I was at Toys 'R' Us and read the back of the box and read what the game was like and saw this awesome tortoise. I was 12yrs old then. I had to beg my dad to let me get it, since I had a $20 limit on whatever I wanted, and the game was like... $35 I think? It was more than $20 either way. I finally convinced him, and that game became a lifesaver when I was bedridden since I broke my leg about 6 months later. D:

Oh God, so.. nostalgic. xD

Total games I have:

Red
Silver
Saphire, Ruby, Emerald
Diamond
Soul Silver

Technically, the games that I bought/were mine for birthday were Saphire, Ruby, and Emerald- the first games I really 'owned'. I got Red by my cousin when he got Yellow when I was five-ish, then he gave me his silver once he got Crystal. Good times..

My parents bought me a Gameboy Pocket with Frogger and Blue version to keep me quiet on the trip to Tokyo. They have a disney world there, apparently. It was a long bus/train ride. I musta been 6.

Took me forEVER to figure out that weird little carpet was a door. Was stuck in the house for ages.

I think it was Ruby if my memory serves me correctly. It might of been Sapphire though. Probably Ruby.

Yellow, when I was like, 4, I think. It may have been blue, but I'm 97% sure it was yellow.

The first game I got with my Game Boy Color was Yellow, and that was my first ever video game, as well as Pokemon Game.

Ughh..I still remember the hell in trying to beat Brock.

Spr_2c_245.gif

:D

Blastoise.gif

My mum knew how much I loved watching Pokemon on TV when I was about 4-5 and I for some reason had put a Blastoise pokemon card on my bedroom wall. I guess my mum put 2 and 2 together and got it for me on my birthday along with my first game system, the Gameboy colour :]

me and my brother got r and b at same time, forget which had which. started with charmander i think:unsure:

Mine was Red when I was 5-7. I had a Color back then.
I remember telling my mom that my game was messed up when I got poisoned. ;D
I still have my Red....next to me. I am going to start a Monotype on there even though I have 2 others going.

But yes, Red was my first game.

Ohgod reading how you guys were like 4-5 years old or whatever when you got your first games makes me feel old. D;

Red for me, with Silver a close second; I was about...nine or ten. Something like that. I started with Charmander and Totodile, respectively.

Pokemon Red! I never got past Lt. Surge because the game did not hold its save file D':

I believe it was blue. Got it in 2003. Found it at a gamestop in the next town.

Red. It had a battery that didn't work, so I had to keep the Gameboy plugged into the wall, so I didn't have to restart over and over again.

Silver, also my first video game. 2001, and the battery still works! :D
The first one that I actually knew all the in-depth stuff was Sapphire, my favorite game to this day. (and third one I owned, after Yellow)
Hoenn and Johto were the best regions... :)

Pearl I chose Chimchar because it was really cute...but the league was a disaster and I used my masterball on Palkia XD

Back
Top Bottom