• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Worst Fears

DarkAura

loves terra "brain cells? idk her" kingdomhearts
What's your worst fear? If you dont want to tell anyone, then dont post.

I have a HUGE phobia of bugs.

....right now, i'm hiding from a ladybug

housecentipede2.jpg

D:

Spiders and deep water.

The day giant ocean spiders that can come out of the water and fly exist, is the day I kill myself.

bugs bugs bugs centipedes cockroaches spiders every one of them

and insecure heights (a roller coaster is fine, but edges of the tops of buildings with no railing? no)

Thank god i'm not alone with the bug phobia.*sighs with relief*

But I hate bugs! They are terrible creatures to walk the earth!

A caterpillar....well, it may freak me out to touch it.

But ALL flying bugs i'm scared of! D=

I am thoroughly amused whenever threads like this pop up and everyone is afraid of bugs. I pick up bugs, spiders and so on all the time (unless they're poisonous, in which case it's a really silly idea to do so)! Spiders especially are your friends, because they keep other bugs away and spin pretty webs! ladybugs and bees are lucky (a bee in your house is supposed to bring money, according to my mum)! But then Australia's got some pretty scary stuff like these which are harmless and live in my garden.

Personally, I'm most afraid of loneliness.

Not all bugs. But big spiders. Also Termites, because they nearly broke down half my house, and mosquitoes (They could carry diseases!). I am also afraid of heights- I cannot climb trees-. At the moment, I have to say I'm really afraid of all my friends turning against me, which is unreasonable, most of my friends are awesome, but still.

EDIt: Ultraviolet, you scared me!

The only thing I can possibly think of is spiders. I'm terrified of them in an OMGSPIDERAAAAHDIEDIEDIE
*throws object at creature whilst being precariously perched on top of the bookcase to keep away from the scary critter*
kind of way. But I can't think of a single other thing that I'm truly scared of xD Socialization, perhaps.

I also have teh exact opposite of claustrophobia. I cannot stand to be in a large room by myself, or i start to breathe faster and i'll have to leave and go into a room i'm more comfortable in. =O

I'm also afraid of heights.

I'm not exactly afraid of the dark, but i'd rather stay in light if i have a choice.

I HATE getting shots! i couldnt stand to have my booster shot.......until i realized it didnt hurt at all. =|

I'm kind of getting better about small spiders, but big ones still freak the hell out of me. And this from someone who grew up in Australia, uv, so that doesn't grant immunity. :P (I also have an intense dislike of heat. I wonder if that's connected. :D)

Hairdressers and people who work in banks.

I'm usually incredibly good at small talk/social situations generally, but there's something about hairdressers and the conversation society deems we must have every time that terrifies me. And I am hopeless at finance at the best of times, but I dislike people who work in banks to the point where I dread getting cheques because I'll have to go into a bank to cash it and somewhere in the process somebody will accost me, decide that because I'm a student I must need a credit card, and will refuse to let me leave the bak without one, no matter how much of a protest I put up. I think my mother is secretly constructing some kind of model from all the credit cards I've been sent by different banks but never actually used.

link to the creepiest thing ever

whywhywhywhywhywhywhy did i click that ;;

aand i have a fear of not being able to control my body. like if i am in a tight space and i can't move my arms then i start hyperventilating and freak out. not sure if it classifies as claustrophobia or not, but.

Last edited:
For some reason, utter silence just creeps me out. I'm usually the last one in my house to fall asleep at night, so when I'm in bed and everyone else is asleep and the whole house is completely silent, unless I'm too tired to care I start to freak the hell out. I normally can't hear any crickets or such from my house either so D:

Spiders and some large bugs are pretty creepy to me, as well.

EDIt: Ultraviolet, you scared me!

whywhywhywhywhywhywhy did i click that ;;

they're called mole crickets (or sandgropers)! They live underground and eat other bugs and roots! Then when it's rainy, they come out of their burrows at night and make sounds like frogs. They're not poisonous and they don't really bite at all.

at least you guys aren't afraid of butterflies. *ahem*

And this from someone who grew up in Australia, uv, so that doesn't grant immunity. :P (I also have an intense dislike of heat. I wonder if that's connected. :D)

Quite possibly! But most of my family are gardeners, so I guess I'm used to picking up bugs and stuff.

For some reason, utter silence just creeps me out. I'm usually the last one in my house to fall asleep at night, so when I'm in bed and everyone else is asleep and the whole house is completely silent, unless I'm too tired to care I start to freak the hell out. I normally can't hear any crickets or such from my house either so D:

Spiders and some large bugs are pretty creepy to me, as well.

This. All of it, except for the fact I'm afraid of all bugs. If I'm the last one awake (and I most often am) I have to both keep the TV on and listen to music constantly to not completely freak out. And this is without creepypasta.

Also, while I can normally stand heights slow moving things like gondolas and ferris wheels freak me the fuck out. The weird thing is that I love roller coasters and the like on top of that.

... I also have a few other extremely irrational fears, but of course I'm afraid reluctant to tell them...

I've mostly gotten over what little fear of heights I actually had, but the thing I'm probably most afraid of is being completely alone (not just 'alone' in the physical sense, like there's no one else around'). Like, without even friends.

Bugs, dead bodies, and sleepwalking people.

Bugs, as they can be creepy in general. I'm not afaid of all bugs, just some.
Dead bodies are just overall scary to me. I've never seen one in person though.
When I was 12, my brother ran into my room sleep screaming. (lol)

Drowning is my big one. Deep water does not a happy Blastoise make, ironically...

I reeeally don't like certain bugs; centipedes are alright if they're behind glass, but otherwise... Basically any bug that wiggles or is all segmented should not be anywhere near me. On the other hand, I'm almost completely okay with spiders, ladybugs, cicadas, etc. Doesn't make much sense.

Cockroaches are terrible and make me iiiitch for like several minutes.

Drowning is my big one. Deep water does not a happy Blastoise make, ironically...

I've always thought of drowning as a rather calm way to go if you don't struggle too much. Much more pleasant than burning or a... breaking wheel. :P
(the thought of slowly drifting to the bottom of a body of water is relaxing to me)

I don't like large insects. At all. And large is anything longer than a centimeter. Flies are nice though, because they tickle me with their snouts! :3

Mosquitoes deserve a special place in hell because they flock to me from the other end of the universe. Most likely because I have O-type blood BUT SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS CAN'T A MAN BARE HIS SKIN FOR FEAR OF BLEEDING TO DEATH >:(

I often find myself avoiding looking at people with physical malformations/deformations/how do you say this without offending someone. Which I guess is kind of silly, considering I want to be a doctor.

Drowning terrifies me. Really anything that prevents me from breathing.

I also fear public embarassment, a lot. It... I can't even explain it. I'm somewhat afraid of how people judge me, as well.

I also fear loneliness/isolation. I hate both of those feelings. They should go die in a hole. :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom