• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Worst Fears

But I'd say, my biggest fear, like uv, is loneliness. I don't know if it's the same as uv though, because my fear is more like - not just being lonely, but having everyone I know and that I think I can depend on, just turn on me, or leave me, or just watch as I suffer. That is my biggest fear, by far.

^ This. I fear that constantly, I'm always afraid to say the wrong thing and have them just turn on me. I just hate losing people, which may contribute to my annoying worrying and obsessive self.

i'm also slightly afraid of needles. And objects that are being jabbed into my skin that I can see. Cuz once I tried putting an earring in and while looking in the mirror and doing it, I got all clamy and lightheaded and had to sit down :c

Also irrational fear of zombies. And OMG spiders I hate them so much ahhhh. Not afaird of most bugs, I'd pick up a worm if asked, like one year I did and we started a worm fight :D

but a needle is more evil :c
%-|====|---

I always feel kinda sad about the bug and spider hate in these threads...

Most of my fears are like, phobias, or anxiety-driven. For example, social anxiety; deep-seated fear of people. Misophonia; feet sort of trigger me (just the sight of them), and well yeah also the default misophonia triggers which I don't know if they are fears or whatever.
Ha, I hate feet too. Not afraid of them though; I just really think they're disgusting. I will never understand why they're such a mainstream fetish.

I don't want to mention the things that really drive me mad with fear and anxiety, 'cause they're a bit too personal, so I guess I'll just mention the stuff that kinda freaks me out or disgusts me but not to the point where it affects my everyday life or whatever...

- Horses. HORRIBLE THINGS. They pack a mean bite too. I'll admit that they're beautiful from a distance, but I get really anxious whenever they get too close. I just feel like they're a bit unpredictable. As you can imagine, I sure as hell was not pleased to see the internet get taken over by this pony thing. The list of MLP stuff I've ad-blocked is ridiculously long. (Though that's mostly because I hate the art style admittedly)

- Pregnancy. Everything about it just freaks me out to be honest. Just... ergh.

- Crowds. I'm kinda claustrophobic. I just hate it when you can't move a inch without someone pushing into you. Makes me really nervous.

Last edited:
Clowns. I watched Stephen King's IT when I was 7. I have literally had small panic attacks every single night since then over Pennywise. Fucking scariest thing ever ;_;
Spiders. All of them. Sometimes I have the courage to kill the reall little ones. If its bigger than a nickel I run away and make my mom kill it.
Dogs. IDK where this comes from but if I see a dog more than a foot or so tall, ie big enough to hurt me severely or kill me, I instantly panic. And theyre always loose on my street and Im afraid they justwant to kill me ;_____;
Death and loss of hearing or sight are my absolute biggest fears. Ive already begun planning cryonic preservation, and music is the single most important thing in my life, so deafness would be terrible for me. Loss of sight would be just as bad because of everything you could never know or see or do, barring a surgery to fix your sight if its even possible.

Also irrational fear of zombies. And OMG spiders I hate them so much ahhhh. Not afaird of most bugs, I'd pick up a worm if asked, like one year I did and we started a worm fight :D

Worms aren't... bugs...

- Pregnancy. Everything about it just freaks me out to be honest. Just... ergh.

Oh derp I forgot about that one. Freaks me the hell out too. The entire concept of it, and that a person comes from it, and uhg it's just a bad bad thing. I also associate very bad memories to pregnancy.

I'm honestly surprised at how many people are afraid of needles. I mean, shots don't even hurt.

Hey, do any of you guys know how to get over an EXTREME fear of bugs?

my definition of extreme~ gettting off entire bed just by seeing one little ant. (and then vacuumed the entire bed)

EDIT: Well, some shots do hurt (like rabies shot) However, shots like booster shots only either pinch or dont hurt at all. (trust me, i had to get a booster shot a few days ago and i flipped out...but it never hurt. *Embarressment*)

EDIT: Well, some shots do hurt (like rabies shot) However, shots like booster shots only either pinch or dont hurt at all. (trust me, i had to get a booster shot a few days ago and i flipped out...but it never hurt. *Embarressment*)

Yeah, I used to be terrified of needles, then one day I just thought 'hang on, this genuinely does not hurt at all why am I freaking out' and got over it like that. It's much, much worse if you make a huge deal about it, because you're just making your anxiety worse. Best to get it over with.

Hey, do any of you guys know how to get over an EXTREME fear of bugs?

my definition of extreme~ gettting off entire bed just by seeing one little ant. (and then vacuumed the entire bed)

Punch 'em.
Punch 'em in the face.
I'm not even joking.

If you get over your fear without touching them... Well you'll end up still afraid to touch them.
So punch 'em. Show 'em who's boss. Don't do something impersonal and panicky like stamping on them, literally punch 'em. It'll give you the confidence that yes, these are just bugs. And you are about A GAZILLION TIMES THEIR SIZE GODDAMN.

'hang on, this genuinely does not hurt at all
But it does! You're having your skin punctured.

I like needles in most contexts though, because it means I get to see my blood and blood is pretty. Now, I had an IV attached the last time I went to the hospital. With lots of tape. On my relatively hairy arm. Removing that thing... *cringe*

But it does! You're having your skin punctured.

It's possible to puncture skin painlessly! And even if it hurts it's no worse than pinching yourself.

Like when they 'miss'? I swear last time I was in the hospital they missed getting the IV in like eight times. I got all bruised and wanted to strangle the nurse.

Oh I specifically meant shots. Shots don't hurt. Blood tests, or IVs, they hurt. Possibly not the same amount for everyone, but for me, I have terribly hard to find veins (it's genetic or something my aunt is that way too) to the point where the nursing staff knows me and there's one nurse in particular that like, knows my veins, and I always have her do my blood tests.

(TW for needle stuff) One time I was at the hospital because I had had surgery and I had my IV removed but I needed a test, like, a brain-scan or something, I can't even remember the test. And the woman who tried to insert the needle, god, she must have hated me for some reason, because she kept 'missing' 'by accident' and yelling at me! Like as if it was my fault somehow. After an hour of her 'accidentally' screwing up my arm I just said like, yeah, thanks, fuck you and left without doing the test. Keep in mind I'd had surgery like, two days ago. :| Fucking hospitals...

I... seem to always have excellent nurses. :P

Well, except that one time where they basically got tired of waiting for me to prepare myself emotionally and sort of just forced me against the wall and jammed the needle in.

What are you people talking about? Every shot I've ever had hurt like hell.

Also, I am terrified of bees and wasps, and I just saw this commercial on Animal Planet for a show about animal phobias. There was this one guy walking around in a room full of fucking huge fake wasps hanging from the ceiling and it was just horrifying.

I am petrified of heights as well, and I usually begin to panic whenever it comes to mind that I am on the second floor or higher of a building. Too bad I sleep on the second floor of my house.

And I have several fears that aren't nearly as severe and don't usually affect me. Or there are things that I do avoid, but just because they annoy me. I've always hated pigtails, I'm sorry if anyone here wears pigtails but I think they are horrid. But I realized the other day that I guess I can stand it unless a person with pigtails is a brunette. Brunettes with pigtails drive me crazy, which is probably half the reason why I never liked The Wizard of Oz.

im afraid of spiders and hights, unless im on an airplanes. in my life, ive probably been on 20 planes, and im just turning 11 on the 28. back to the topic, i cant do heights, even rollercoasters. im not really a risk taker because I have necrophobia.

Back
Top Bottom