• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Worst Fears

Dolls. I think it has something to do with seeing a couple shows with episodes about evil dolls coming to life as a kid. Just something about the frozen facial expression and lifeless eyes I guess.

I remember as a kid when I was looking through the closet and I noticed an old doll hidden deep inside, which freaked me out and made it difficult to sleep for a couple nights. I FINALLY told my mom why and she moved it until she could give it away, but it always had to be face-down or turned around because I couldn't look at its face without panicking.

Dolls. I think it has something to do with seeing a couple shows with episodes about evil dolls coming to life as a kid. Just something about the frozen facial expression and lifeless eyes I guess.

I remember as a kid when I was looking through the closet and I noticed an old doll hidden deep inside, which freaked me out and made it difficult to sleep for a couple nights. I FINALLY told my mom why and she moved it until she could give it away, but it always had to be face-down or turned around because I couldn't look at its face without panicking.

OMG YOU BROUGHT UP MEMORIES >.>

Same. I blame watching Goosebumps as a kid, the episode where the doll turns it's owner into a doll so they can be friends forever.

the ocean,because i almost drowned when i was 4. o.O
zombies,sharks,bugs,, and big angry people scare me too. ._.
and dieing a gory,painful death from the things listed above

Falling Objects

If I'm hiking somewhere and I see a sign that says "Beware of Falling Rocks" I start to panic and run around aimlessly. And sitting under a coconut tree? Forget it.

That and being the falling object. I can't even stand looking out the window in a tall building. The very thought of it makes me tense.

But then Australia's got some pretty scary stuff like these which are harmless and live in my garden.

Eeeee it's so cute. |3

Dogs, on the other hand, are scary. Becoming less so, though; they haven't been worst for years. The "worst" spot is occupied by feeling like I've done something horribly wrong without knowing what. That terrifies me more than dogs ever have; I can be sitting at the computer and read some text and I'll just freeze inside, it'll feel like the biggest threat ever to my wellbeing.

I can't stand being on upstairs or downstairs or whatever-stairs if I'm the only one on that level. It just...makes me paranoid.

I am thoroughly amused whenever threads like this pop up and everyone is afraid of bugs. I pick up bugs, spiders and so on all the time (unless they're poisonous, in which case it's a really silly idea to do so)! Spiders especially are your friends, because they keep other bugs away and spin pretty webs!

...Are you me

But on the suject of my fears, dogs and open water and needles. And, as stupid as it sounds, I have a terror that someday I would be forced to hurt someone I cared for.

Heights if I have no railings or walls.

Speaking of spiders, I don't mind them when they are alive, but I don't like dead ones.

Sometimes, after seeing something scary in a movie or an episode of some series, I am afraid of it haunting my dreams.

OMG YOU BROUGHT UP MEMORIES >.>

Same. I blame watching Goosebumps as a kid, the episode where the doll turns it's owner into a doll so they can be friends forever.

I saw this too, and I think it's one of the things that scared me most as a kid. :c This and the Living Doll episode of the Twilight Zone.

Navels. I'm just about OK with the sight of them now - but if there's a piercing there or if someone is TOUCHING it I freak out and break into shivers and start sweating.

I have actually thrown up on someone who, ah, didn't get the hint that I was very very serious about disliking them.

Most of my fears are like, phobias, or anxiety-driven. For example, social anxiety; deep-seated fear of people. Misophonia; feet sort of trigger me (just the sight of them), and well yeah also the default misophonia triggers which I don't know if they are fears or whatever.

Uhm I do have a slight fear of like, sharp objects, like knives; not a very strong fear, I just prefer not to mess with them. Also blood puts me on edge, not just general blood, mostly my own blood, and mostly because I freak out at the knowledge that I am bleeding and it feels like that is a bad thing and it shouldn't be happening even though of course that is a proper thing but I sort of overreact I guess. Also I don't like going underwater at all at all because I once nearly drowned in a pool ahaha such a dork. Oh well. But those fears are mostly just, minor things, that don't bother me much.

But I'd say, my biggest fear, like uv, is loneliness. I don't know if it's the same as uv though, because my fear is more like - not just being lonely, but having everyone I know and that I think I can depend on, just turn on me, or leave me, or just watch as I suffer. That is my biggest fear, by far.

WELL let's see where do I start

Needles. Those suck so much and I have to mind myself when leaving from a vaccination so I don't fall over or faint.

The dark combined with silence is very unnerving and scary.

An animal that's not human that has malicious intent. Unless it's a crow or something else really smart, I can't really hold it responsible for its actions and I don't want to fight back.

Bugs, but only if they can fly and move quickly and unpredictably, like flies and wasps. Others don't bother me.

Death by asphyxiation seems like it'd be bad, but you know what would be worse? My number one worst fear, which is...

DEATH BY BURNING. Fire obviously counts for this, but so does lava, and intense acid. Being dissolved would not be fun.

So those are my fears. Yes.

Bugs, it used to be so bad that I had to get my dad to remove moths from the bathroom. Now I'm okay with moths and spiders smaller than a millimetre. Still get freaked out by anything bigger though.

Heights, it varies depending on my mood and the situation. In school we used to do climbing exercises in PE, and I'd get scared when I was more than a metre of the ground. But then other times I was brave enough to go on a vertical drop roller coaster (which was terrifying, but still!)

and death! I mean it's an obvious one, since not many people would want to die, but the concept just terrifies me so much.
I'm quite a hypochondriac and I always assume anything hurting means imminent death. I'm left handed so after I go bowling or have hours of work in one day, my left arm hurts.
...but of course it's much more logical to think it's a heart attack!

Spiders used to be a big thing for me, but now that my girlfriend's pregnant I'm training myself up in the art of 'Paper Under Glass'. I wouldn't want my kid to catch any dumb phobias from me, after all. That's why I make it a point to punch wasps in the face now, too. If I get used to the pain, I won't run around screaming like a little girl whenever I see one.

Hairdressers? I used to be a little nervous about the conversation - and then my aunt dragged me to one recently to get my hair shaved off, embarrassed me in such an utterly, totally, completely emasculating, demeaning, horribly evil fashion in the middle of a place full of hot, gossipy giggly girls. And then I had to wait there for 2 hours because she didn't even book an appointment. So yeah, no longer afraid of polite conversation!

The only fears I have now though are shit (yes that's a fear) and being a terrible father.

*shrug*

not having something to wear to an event. like, if an expo is coming up a keep having dreams that i have nothing to wear and i spend so long getting dressed i miss it. they scare me. also, spiders and loosing things. but, i have separation anxiety so like when i'm going to throw something out i freak out that something i want to keep has got caught up in it.

Last edited:
Sometimes, after seeing something scary in a movie or an episode of some series, I am afraid of it haunting my dreams.

Oh hey, Night of the Living Dead. It's been a while. No, I don't want to finish watching you. Yes, I know your ending is surprisingly thought-provoking.
GO AWAY YOU CHOCOLATE-SYRUP-INFESTED MONSTER D:

But then Australia's got some pretty scary stuff like these which are harmless and live in my garden.
oh my god that's adorable

anyway

being in crowds jesus fuck. and I'm going to London alone on Monday AHAHA FUN
and since I've got pretty bad social anxiety a lot of things that are mundane to everyone else scare the piss out of me

spiders, but I'm getting better with them recently and now it's only really the big motherfuckers that are a problem

being cheated on/someone leaving me for someone else. I think this comes with the social anxiety, as well as certain things that happened forever ago that still make me feel like shit now. so lame.

and er this is gonna sound really weird but... leaves
I cannot stand to touch them or even look at them if they're on the floor. If it's been raining out I can't even step on them because aaaarggghhhh cringing to death so disgusting jesus christ even the thought of them is just. ugh. If someone walks any into my house it will bug the ever loving shit out of me. and if it gets to the point where I have to physically pick one up to throw it outside I will end up washing my hands for a really long time god typing this is making me cringe so much
I fucking hate autumn

Back
Top Bottom