• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed X: The step into other worlds

"I wish he would just tell me..." Zora sighed sadly as she stared up and watched him. Kirita's interest, however, had shifted to Darkness, particularly her lack of slash wound and torn trenchcoat.
"How did you heal so fast...?"
"You could say part of it was Spirit, and part of it was a wishing star." Darkness replied with a smile. With that, Kirita glanced down at her own self.
"Explains a lot."

Raiquen stared at Rhythm for a few moments, then rushed to the highest tree and began climbing it.
"This will not end well..." Melody moaned. Raiquen continued climbing until he eventually reached the top. Rhythm saw this and descended.
"What?" He asked.
"They're worried about you. What's wrong?"
"If I won't tell them, what makes you think I'll tell you?"
"I have reasons." Raiquen finished with a smile, but Rhythm sighed.
"You just don't get it." Rhythm reached out a hand and pushed Raiquen off the tree. Rai fell through the branches but eventually grabbed hold of one before touching the ground. Scratched and slightly bloody, he dropped down and sighed.
"This isn't the Rhythm I met back at those ruins."

"Yeah, it's strange..." Kirita muttered.
"OK, that is it. If he ain't gonna tell me I'll find out myself." Zora muttered to herself, motioning for Spirit. As she came over, Zora whispered something in her ear and she nodded.
"You got all that?" Zora asked.
"Yeah I got it." With that, Spirit seemed to vanish into thin air, when in truth she was invisible. She then climbed the same tree that Raiquen had fallen out of and sat up on a high branch. Closing her eyes tight, she focused on infiltrating his mind and relaying it to the group on the ground.

Rhythm had been watching the others when Raiquen came down. When Spirit disappeared, he sighed and watch the tree rustle as she climbed up. He flapped his wings and flew as high as he could, then flew to the west a considerable distance. This was all in order to get out of range of Spirit's mind connection.

"Damn it." Spirit growled. She leapt out of the tree, landing squarely on her two feet in a crouching position. "I only got a little bit of it. Something's bugging him and he doesn't want to tell anyone. Before he got away I could only discern that it didn't have to do with him. I personally think he's worried."
"Sounds like a possibility." Zora muttered.
"A definite one. If it is we'll just have to wait it out." Darkness chimed in. Kirita watched them all with a blank expression.

Raiquen looked at Rhythm as he flew back into sight, although barely.
"Worried, huh? Pity you didn't get what about."
"She can't do everything. Live with the information we have." Aidan muttered.

"He's right you know..." Zora mumbled, "I swear to God, are you PMSing or something?"
"You're not exactly all that pleasant yourself today." Darkness retorted.
"Because he's being like that."
"I doubt this."
"I'm serious!!"
"I doubt this also."
"Darkness, I'm serious. Moods ARE contageous you know."
"I doubt you'd say something like that."
"STOP-"
"ENOUGH with the bickering for fuck's sake!!" not only Kirita, but Spirit, Windfall and all the rest shouted amidst all that.

Aidan began silently laughing.
"Ohhh, you people..." He muttered. Melody stared at him bewilderedly, while Raiquen and Yakko began a lovely yet strange conversation about cheese.

Darkness, about to retort to that, fell rather um... 'gracefully' at his feet as she tripped over the edge of the stage.
"Ow..." she muttered, before looking up and growling at a snicker from behind.
"Cyndra, shut it."
"Hm." Kirita muttered. She silently giggled at Darkness's misfortune.

"Having a little trouble, Darkness?" Aidan said, trying to hold back a laugh as best as he could. Raiquen and Yakko stopped their conversation and watched intently for what was going to happen next.

"Yes dear, I do think I am..." Darkness growled. She tried to force a smile, but even if it didn't look like she was insane you would've been able to tell it was fake. Zora, standing behind her and trying her best not to laugh at her sister's misfortune, burst out laughing.
"Oh that was good..."
"If my foot didn't hurt like a bitch right now I'd be on you so bad it'd wake up the paramedics..."
Now, all of this was much to Kirita's amusement, and she was having trouble holding back laughter. So much that she had turned red from it.

Aidan whacked Darkness with the side of his blade.
"Hey, stop that. Treat your sister-well, actually, no. Do whatever you want. I'll get my camera."
"But you don't have a camera." Raiquen protested.
"Or do I?"
"No, you don't." Melody moaned.
"Fair enough."

"Nnn... Whatever, just help me up will you?" Darkness mumbled, "You don't have a camera anyway."
"No, but I-"
"Be quiet Cyndra, I'm trying to make a point."
"Darkness, I hate to say it, but you look funny." Kirita laughed.

Suddenly, a girl came rushing through the forest. She promptly puked in a bush and collapsed onto Windfall, screaming all the while.

"IT'S TIME!" she yelled in pain

"What?!! T-time?!" Windfall screamed.
"What the...?" Kirita muttered, "What happened while we were gone?"
"It only happened right after you left she and Windfall went into the forest and the next day she came back looking like a whale!! And that was only two days ago!!" Spirit shouted.
"You mean she's-"
Zora leapt up right before she could finish the sentence.
"MAN YOUR STATIONS MAN YOUR STATIONS THUNDERCATS ARE GOOOOOOOO!!!" she cried, "RHYTHM FLY ME TO THE HOSPITAL WE NEED A BIRTHING ROOM AND WINDFALL'S UNAVAILIBLE!!"

Raiquen stared at the commotion, and covered his ears when Zora yelled. Rhythm, being so high up, could barely hear her, but he flew down.
"What did you want now?"
"How could you not hear that clearly?" Melody asked.

"Rhythm, take me to a hospital now! We need to reserve a room and Windfall isn't exactly available!!" Zora yelped.
"OKOKOK!! I'f it's really time then get off me so I can get up and get him!!" Windfall shouted.
"Oh crap oh crap!!" Darkness panicked, "I'll go get a carriage!" with that she ran off, completely disregarding the pain in her leg. She had also (un)conveniently forgotten that she could turn into a dragon amidst all this.

Rhythm stared in bewilderment. Raiquen poked him.
"Helllloooo?" Rai asked.
"Why do we need to...Oh my. Never mind." Rhythm grabbed Zora and launched into the air at high speed.

Back
Top Bottom