• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed X: The step into other worlds

Zora yelped as she was lifted, but that was soon gone. This was serious business.
---------
Windfall stood again as Darkness came racing back, manning a large carriage that looked like it could hold all of them.
"Everybody in! We need to meet Zora and Rhythm at the hospital stat!" she grabbed Aidan and Windfall by the wrists and pulled them in, while Spirit and Starlight were by Jax's side and Cyndra and Hera tried to lift her. Kirita just quietly got in the carriage, in an attempt to avoid being dragged on.

"Damn. All this happened so suddenly." Melody muttered, getting into the carriage.
"You said it. I barely know what's going on." Raiquen replied, jumping in also.
------
Rhythm flew at top speed towards the hospital. Tears flew out from his eyes from the wind, but he had to concentrate. Finally, he descended and crashed in through the doors.

"Ya think?! I don't know what's going on either!" Cyndra growled, having just finished lifting her in. She and Hera jumped in right after, sitting next to Spirit and Starlight, who were coaching.
"We missing anyone?!" Darkness asked.
------------
Zora backflipped off Rhythm's back and dashed up to the shocked nurse at the counter in the waiting room.
"We need a birthing room for a party that's coming stat!!"
"B-but-"
"DO IT!!"

Raiquen stared at Jax for a moment, then turned his eyes away.
"I'm not too sure he'd like that..." Melody murmured to herself.
------
Rhythm gasped as Zora jumped off of him. Regaining his breath, he began to hover nervously.
"I don't like hospitals..."

OK no one else good we're going!!' Darkness shouted, "HANG ON TO YOUR UNDERWEAR!!!" she cracked the whip and took off at top speed in the direction the other two had flown off in.
--------
"I know, Rhythm... I don't either..." she gulped as another nurse walked past with a tray of hypodermic needles.
"Death fear of medication and big needles you see..." she shivered, "What say when the others get here we wait outside until it's born? I'm getting nervous just bein' in here..."
"Ma'am?" a voice said from behind her, "Your room is ready as soon as the mother-to-be arrives."
"Good..."

Melody screamed, gripping the edge of the carriage tightly. Aidan held his hair down while he watched the trees go by in a blue. Raiquen simply stayed put.
------
"Yes, that's a good idea." Rhythm said, his eyes darting and scanning every inch of the room they were in. Eventually, he felt his breathing get more quicker and he realized he was tiring himself out by hovering. He stopped and sat down on a chair next to him.

"WHAT THE FUCK DARKNESSSS!!!" Windfall screamed. She was latched tightly onto Cyndra, who, though annoyed at her for doing so, was holding onto her just as tight, if not tighter.
"We got a manic driver!!" Hera shouted. Her eyes were shut tight, and she was curled into a fetal position with her lime-green hair going in all directions from the wind. Kirita remained silent, however, she jumped when Melody screamed.
--------------
Zora sat down next to him, rubbing her shoulders and shutting her eyes.
"Find a happy place, find a happy place, find a happy place..." she muttered, twisting around to watch out the door for the others.

Aidan saw the hospital coming into view rapidly.
"Uh, Darkness! I'm thinking you should stop really soon!" He yelled. Melody was blocking everything out, just making sure she had a grip on the carriage. Raiquen remained silent.
------
Rhythm looked up when he heard commotion outside.
"I believe they're here." He muttered, standing up. His wings slowly twitched from the nervousness of the hospital.

Right as Darkness halted the carriage (with around 3 inches before they would've crashed), all my characters piled out, with Cyndra, Hera, Spirit and Starlight carrying the mother-to-be. Windfall dashed in ahead of them, as Zora rose from her seat.
"OK nurse, they're here. Windfall will sign all the papers. Let's go Rhythm I'm getting really nervous."
The nurse glared at Windfall as she watched Cyndra, Starlight, Spirit and Hera carry the prego one in.
"Is that the one?"
"Yes." Windfall replied.

Raiquen walked in, holding his shoulder. Aidan and Melody followed.
"Next time, coordinate your falls."
"I already said sorry." Melody moaned. All three of them watched as Rhythm flew out of the hospital eagerly.

Zora followed. At first the walked with her normal stride, but then another nurse passed with more needles and she ran out of there so fast it could've left a sonic boom.
"Wonder what's with her today..." Windfall muttered, not really paying much attention as she signed the papers. The one thing she found odd about this was that the nurse hadn't asked who the father was. Not that she'd believe her when she told her, but still.
Cyndra went and took a seat in the waiting room, followed by Darkness, then Kirita, then Hera. They weren't going into the room with her like Windfall, Spirit and Starlight were.
-----------
Outside, as Zora skidded to a halt, she shivered.
"I hate hospitals... I hate big needles... Augh..."

"You know what, I think I'll just stay in the lobby." Raiquen muttered.
"Me too." Aidan said, sitting down.
"...Meh." Melody also sat down.
------
Rhythm snapped open his wings. It was quite a loud snap, and he groaned.
"That was painful...I need to stretch my wings more often."

((lol you got one of those eggs too :P))

"Good call." Kirita muttered, "I sure as hell ain't going in there..."
"Me either. The very thought gives me chills." Cyndra muttered, playing with a highlighted lock of hair that had fallen into her face.
As Windfall finished filling out the paperwork, the dreaded question came up.
"So who's the father?"
"Um..." Windfall gulped, "I am..."
And with that, the nurse burst out laughing.
-------------
Zora winced. The snap had caused her shoulder to twitch involuntarily.
"Sounded painful. And loud."

"It is a little weird..." Raiquen muttered.
"Just a tad..." Aidan said.
"You people are crazy if you think that's just a LITTLE weird..." Melody mumbled to herself.
"I heard that."
------
Rhythm shook himself quite violently.
"Sorry if the snap shocked you." He closed his eyes and fell backward onto his wings.
"Ahhh...That felt good."

"No seriously, this is a joke right?" the nurse laughed. Windfall facepalmed.
"Just take us to the fucking rooooom..."
"Alright, alright... this way."
"That is not just a little wierd that's just plain bizzare..." Kirita commented.
"No kidding..." Darkness agreed.
----------------
"It's not a problem." Zora muttered, staring at the sky with a smile. She turned her head toward him.
"You look comfortable."

Back
Top Bottom