• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The 11th Doctor will be (possible spoilers)...

Personally I would've done what Jon Pertwee did. Have the production team change but stay on for a few more episodes. Tennant should've stayed for one more series just to help us into this new "era" of Dr Who. Then leave straight away. But hey,everything is changing so we have to get used to it or suffer. I remember the outbreak there was when Tom Baker was announced...
That is what they did. David's staying on for the specials until Smithy takes over in 2010. We still have a year of the Allons-y and all the running and the trainers.

All the people that don't want Tennant to leave suck
The doctor's regenerated 9 times already, soon to be 10, and he will do it twice more in the future

I know you're probably right, but did it count as a regeneration when
he got shot and put his regenerative energy into his hand?

Oh and can't we have the same doctor and partner for more than one series for once? :(
EDIT: And we need more episodes set on an alien planet. And if there are, I want them to be populated by aliens. Not humans exploring, or aliens that look too much like humans.

I don't like what I see right now either, but I'll give him a chance. I never like it when stuff like this change but I always get used to them in the end.

Last edited:
That is what they did. David's staying on for the specials until Smithy takes over in 2010. We still have a year of the Allons-y and all the running and the trainers.

but I meant properly. Russell.T.Davies is still penning most of them so its not exactly an intorduction to the "new era" just a finishing off bit.

Also Moffat has said that the next series (Not specials) are going to be a lot darker. Thats why series 3 of doctor who is my favourite, its the darkest and the most evil. Its also not going to be a very nostalgic series as hes not bringing the daleks back again or anyone else for that matter.

(Which really is a good thing, Davies used the daleks too often , that defeat was a little too intense for anyone to escpae from ,even though they will eventually and to be honest. Davros is one of best villains but theres one MAJOR problem with him... anyone guess?

Its that whenever he shows up the spotlight is on him and he is the villain of the episode, the daleks are shown to look like idiots (thank you Journeys End=Spinning Daleks *Face-palm*) and even in the old days in Genesis of the Daleks (GREAT EPISODE) The daleks don't do anything. Every story after that was a Davros story, not a dalek story.

... what? No Daleks? *cuss words* But I LIKE the Daleks! *pouts* Aw well, I'll get over it in 2011. (Americans get everything Who later.)

Any ideas on when new Torchwood's coming, even if just to Britain?

(Quickly, Captain Oblivious, to the Researchmobile!)

(three link clicks later: OMG he's not pretty at all. I wanted a Doctor who was as cute as Tennant!)

(comment on previous statement: You should'a seen me when Eccleston regenerated. I seriously thought that Tennant was really hot.)

Last edited:
Torchwood is coming back for us Brits in July I think. 5 episodes in an arc which will all run in a week. No word for the amercians as of now. I'm really looking forward to Torchwood.

Seriously, guys. Do you really think that you know the best interests for the show? You really think that because you've watched it, you know better than the producers or casting team? o_0; I would think maybe he might not fit 'your' idea of the Doctor, but it's really more important that the new Doctor is someone who was clearly chosen for a reason.

He reminds me of... Edward Cullen, and this guy I know at school. Also with the surname Cullen, strangely. Oh dear. But he still looks like he's going to be good.

I'd love a moody, antisocial Doctor. He looks like he could pull off a '...whatever' attitude pretty well. Seeing as the new actor isn't anything brand new (a.k.a., what me and my friends wanted: a female Doctor, a Doctor of a different race, someone of drastically different age like a child) he needs to have a very different personality to Ten, so... I'm looking forward to seeing what BBC can pull off. 8D

@ Cirrus: True. Though I doubt that they'll make him antisocial. Probably serious and snappy like Eccleston. But a grumpy, irritable Doctor who's prone to curbstomping the nearest visible alien is too much of a jump.

Also, imagine the riots of a female Doctor. Preferably Kristin Scott-Thomas. She would make a perfect Doctor.

Nope. The Doctor physically can't regenerate into a woman and I very much doubt a black doctor at that. The Doctor is a male, white timelord and he was born like that. There are such things as Time Ladies anyway so they couldn't have sex changes in between. This has been announced,sorry to ruin the fun.

Nope. The Doctor physically can't regenerate into a woman and I very much doubt a black doctor at that. The Doctor is a male, white timelord and he was born like that. There are such things as Time Ladies anyway so they couldn't have sex changes in between. This has been announced,sorry to ruin the fun.

hahahaha clearly you are not acquainted with Doctor Who continuity

I am. But how? when have they ever done that? No. The curse of Fatal Death does not count.

I am. But how? when have they ever done that? No. The curse of Fatal Death does not count.
Have you met the writing team?

Daleks made from human tissue. Cybermen in a parallel universe. Hell, a reality bomb and Dalek Caan ripping through to the Time War which was deemed impossible. And lest we forget the Adipose; living creatures made from our fat. Even the CyberKing.

Girl!Doctor doesn't seem that far-fetched.

URGENT!!EDIT: Smithy is perfect for the role, visually.
11thdoctor.jpg

Last edited:
Oh sorry, yeah I agree, sorry about that. Well it could happen but the results would be varied

I kinda just hope that they introduce River Song properly soonish. Because you know, she was pretty awesome in the Library. Maybe she'll be a companion of the 11th Doctor. I don't know much about British film and tv, aside from the Who-niverse, so I can't really judge what would be the best choice for the newest incarnations personality.

(but really, he reminds me of a vampire or somethign in that shot someone posted.)

Well, he doesn't look to bad. Shame about David though, but I suppose this way the writers can start with a fresh character. Otherwise they may start simply redoing things, and we'd simply see the same reaction for evil plans aplenty.

...Also, I hope, for the love of god, that they get away from earth! I mean, come on! How many alien invasions can London have in a timeline! At the very least do something on the rest of the world. I dunno, have aliens invading Singapore. When was the last time you saw anyone invading Singapore?

I am adoring the outfit and expression in that shot. I wouldn't mind a somewhat darker Doctor.

River Song is looking to be a plot hole real fast if she doesn't meet the Tenth Doctor.

Complaining over the next actor without seeing him actually act is a little, uh, dumb. Chill out before you get all uppity, good lord.

Well Song would be good but River Song is actually older than this doctors looks, that might not go down to well. I agree but maybe not as a companion, maybe just one of his "friends", eh, I dunno. Heres a good place for discussion.

Moffat was the one who asked Russell.T.Davies and Steven Greenhorn to keep Jenny alive. Suspicious at all. Jenny would be a great companion for this new doctor.

Back
Top Bottom