• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Um, help with a BW team of sorts?

LuckyLapras' Duck

Those tomatoes are rancid.
Pronoun
she/her
Yup. More noobish-ness. I'm trying to create a Wi-Fi team (don't ask for my FC, I don't have one yet) and I have absolutely no idea on what to do. I've had a little go at it and this is what I came up with. They're not complete yet and I have the game right in front of me so I know all the moves and stuffs and I have a somewhat good idea of what they're all gonna do.
Lapras Lapras - Rash - Ability: Water Absorb - Moves: Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, Toxic - Item: Leftovers
Galvantula Galvantula - Jolly - Ability: Compundeyes - Moves: Electroweb, X-Scissor, Thunder, Signal Beam - Item: Choice-Specs
Chandelure Chandelure - Modest - Ability: Flash Fire - Moves: Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Psychic, Shadow Ball - Item: Choice-Specs
Flygon Flygon (planning on changing to Hydreigon) - Brave - Ability: Arena Trap - Moves: Crunch, Earthquake, Dragon Tail, Fire Punch - Item: Quick-Claw
Skarmory Skarmory - Careful - Ability: Sturdy - Moves: Spike, Whirlwind, Fly, Steel Wing - Item: Life-Orb
Lilligant Lilligant - Quiet - Ability: Own Tempo - Moves: Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, Leech Seed, Petal Dance - Item: Wide-Lens

Last edited:
Yeah, you should probably replace Eelektross with Galvantula. By the way, Flygon doesn't have Arena Trap, it has Levitate. Trapinch has Arena Trap. Charizard can learn Fire Punch from a Move Tutor in Black 2/White 2, though Chandalure is much better.

Yeah, you should probably replace Eelektross with Galvantula. By the way, Flygon doesn't have Arena Trap, it has Levitate. Trapinch has Arena Trap. Charizard can learn Fire Punch from a Move Tutor in Black 2/White 2, though Chandalure is much better.

*facepalm* Kinda hard when they're all unevolved. =P I'll take a look at Galvantula's and Chadelure's movesets to find out what nature they should be. And I just realised I forgot items. *double facepalm* I'll edit them in.

Some things I noticed right away:
-Lax nature is bad. Get rid of it.
-What are the hold items?
-Get some Choice Specs or a Life Orb for your Chandelure.

uhm I'll add more later

EDIT

-Timid nature for your Lilligant. You want it to be as fast as possible.
-Uhm, I personally would use Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Flamethrower/Psychic for your Chandelure. But it's your choice. .J.
-Random Toxic on Lapras? What? Why?

Last edited:
Thunder is much better than Thunderbolt on Galvantula with Compoundeyes. A ton more damage with only a 9% chance to miss. And I don't see why you'd run Electroweb at all, especially with another Electric move.

And Bug Buzz is better than X-Scissor and Signal Beam, again, don't see why you'd use two moves of the same type.

Last edited:
Some things I noticed right away:
-Lax nature is bad. Get rid of it.
-What are the hold items?
-Get some Choice Specs or a Life Orb for your Chandelure.

uhm I'll add more later

EDIT

-Timid nature for your Lilligant. You want it to be as fast as possible.
-Uhm, I personally would use Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Flamethrower/Psychic for your Chandelure. But it's your choice. .J.
-Random Toxic on Lapras? What? Why?

-This is my only defensive Pokemon
-SHOOT! Forgot to edit them
-I was planning on getting Choice Specs
-YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR ME TO GET THAT SUN STONE! And plus, Quiver Dance raises Sp. Atk., Sp. Def. and Speed
-That is actually a good set. I shall consider that
-Toxic. To do a HUGE amount of damage. Plus, status effects are always good

Thunder is much better than Thunderbolt on Galvantula with Compoundeyes. A ton more damage with only a 9% chance to miss. And I don't see why you'd run Electroweb at all, especially with another Electric move.

Ok. I had Electroweb to slow it down anyways. And I completely forgot about Thunder. *teaches*

Galvantula isn't really a defensive Pokemon having 70 base HP and 60 base Defense/Sp. Defense. Quick Claw and Brightpowder aren't good items, due to being luck-based. And Quiet is a bad nature for Lilligant.

Galvantula isn't really a defensive Pokemon having 70 base HP and 60 base Defense/Sp. Defense. Quick Claw and Brightpowder aren't good items, due to being luck-based. And Quiet is a bad nature for Lilligant.

Galvantula, I don't mind changing. Lilligant, no. I worked hard for that Sun Stone (I'd already took the ones from Nimbasa and Relic Castle). I was giving Flygon Quick Claw due to her Nature being -Speed. Brightpowder, did not know it was a luck-based item.

-This is my only defensive Pokemon
-SHOOT! Forgot to edit them
-I was planning on getting Choice Specs
-YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR ME TO GET THAT SUN STONE! And plus, Quiver Dance raises Sp. Atk., Sp. Def. and Speed
-That is actually a good set. I shall consider that
-Toxic. To do a HUGE amount of damage. Plus, status effects are always good.

-Galvantula isn't the best wall, as stated before me.
-ok
-ok
-extra speed never hurts! Especially when Lilligant isn't the fastest Pokemon ever, even with a few boosts.
-ok
-alrighty then, whatever you say. is it an offensive Lapras?

-Galvantula isn't the best wall, as stated before me.
-ok
-ok
-extra speed never hurts! Especially when Lilligant isn't the fastest Pokemon ever, even with a few boosts.
-ok
-alrighty then, whatever you say. is it an offensive Lapras?

-I've learned that. It's getting Rash or something like that
-They're in
-Only problem is I don't have a pair and I only know how to get them in the Subway. It was bad enough getting a Life Orb
-Sleep Powder. I can get more than a few
-Taught it all. I had the whole set on TM
-Offensive I guess. It certainly helps though.

um and a few other things but these are just questions/suggestions
General
which Pokemon are you gonna lead with? Are you going to use entry hazards or no?

Lilligant
Why is it holding a wide lens? I mean there are much better items for it to work with (but if that's all you have then ignore this)

Galvantula
Hold item isn't the best, nature isn't the best, move set isn't the best. What are you going to do with it, anyway? .J.

Flygon
If possible, get a different one. With a Jolly nature. Holding a Choice Scarf. As a lead. That would be the *best* option in my opinion.
If you can't, then your current one is fine as a phazer (did I spell that correctly) or something.
EDIT
just noticed that you're planning on changing it to Hydreigon. Flygon has more resistances than it, is immune to Spikes (and is faster and a better scarf user imo) but Hydreigon is much better than it offensively.
so um your choice. ^J^

Lapras
well your whole team seems pretty fragile (Flygon seems like the only one who could take a neutral hit well) and Lapras is well suited for the role of a tanky physical (or special) attacker so I would suggest a Dragon Dance/Substitute/Waterfall/Return set if you're going physical.
If you're going for special well the set you have right now is fine.

I suppose that's it for now.

Last edited:
EVs? Most of their natures are okay, but Flygon's nature isn't the best, Galvantula's and Lilligants definitely need to be replaced.

What are their positions in your team? Flygon/Hydreigon is a good lead; you should consider Mienshao as maybe a scout? Also, if Terrakion replaces Mienshao, you should keep in mind that your team is in Ubers and thus if you battle, you'll be up against Ubers too. If you're using entry hazards you should have a Spiker/Stealth Rocker to replace one of your 'mon.

Fire Punch isn't the best move for Flygon; Yache Berry might be a better Ice-countering item than Razor Claw. Dragon Tail isn't the best STAB (Dragon Claw?) but works well with entry hazards.

Last edited:
Also, if Terrakion replaces Mienshao, you should keep in mind that your team is in Ubers and thus if you battle, you'll be up against Ubers too.

Fire Punch isn't the best move for Flygon; Yache Berry might be a better Ice-countering item than Razor Claw.

I thought Terrakion was in OU?
Yache is a good option too...though with the option of a Choice Scarf and U-Turn, well...

EDIT
also also outrage>dragon tail unless you have spikes, stealth rock etc as stated above.

um and a few other things but these are just questions/suggestions
General
which Pokemon are you gonna lead with? Are you going to use entry hazards or no?

Lilligant
Why is it holding a wide lens? I mean there are much better items for it to work with (but if that's all you have then ignore this)

Galvantula
Hold item isn't the best, nature isn't the best, move set isn't the best. What are you going to do with it, anyway? .J./

Flygon
If possible, get a different one. With a Jolly nature. Holding a Choice Scarf. As a lead. That would be the *best* option in my opinion.
If you can't, then your current one is fine as a phazer (did I spell that correctly) or something.
EDIT
just noticed that you're planning on changing it to Hydreigon. Flygon has more resistances than it, is immune to Spikes (and is faster and a better scarf user imo) but Hydreigon is much better than it offensively.
so um your choice. ^J^

Lapras
well your whole team seems pretty fragile (Flygon seems like the only one who could take a neutral hit well) and Lapras is well suited for the role of a tanky physical (or special) attacker so I would suggest a Dragon Dance/Substitute/Waterfall/Return set if you're going physical.
If you're going for special well the set you have right now is fine.

I suppose that's it for now.

I have no idea what I'm leading with. Wide Lens raises Critical Hit ratio if a recall correctly and I couldn't think of any other item for Galvantula. I'll probably put on a choice specs. I've probably got a good Deino lying around in a box somewhere and Lapras, it just pwns everything in sight. It has Water Absorb and Thunderbolt so I could set it up against a Water-Type to try and regain some health.

EVs? Most of their natures are okay, but Flygon's nature isn't the best, Galvantula's and Lilligants definitely need to be replaced.

What are their positions in your team? Flygon/Hydreigon is a good lead; you should consider Mienshao as maybe a scout? Also, if Terrakion replaces Mienshao, you should keep in mind that your team is in Ubers and thus if you battle, you'll be up against Ubers too. If you're using entry hazards you should have a Spiker/Stealth Rocker to replace one of your 'mon.

Fire Punch isn't the best move for Flygon; Yache Berry might be a better Ice-countering item than Razor Claw. Dragon Tail isn't the best STAB (Dragon Claw?) but works well with entry hazards.

I was planning on having Flygon as a physical attacker alongside Mienshao. Galvantula, I'm working on and Lilligant, I worked too hard on that Sun Stone to let it go to waste. I don't know what I'm gonna lead with, most likely Flygon. Terrakion is OU. I looked it up on Smogon. Fire Punch was so it wouldn't get stalled by Steel types.

I thought Terrakion was in OU?
Yache is a good option too...though with the option of a Choice Scarf and U-Turn, well...

EDIT
also also outrage>dragon tail unless you have spikes, stealth rock etc as stated above.

I shall teach my Flygon Stealth Rock or Spikes once I am done with my Joltik/Galvantula.

Also, a rapid spinner/entry hazarder would probably help. Don't know who you'd replace, though.

(And yes, Terrakion is OU)

Flygon is becoming an entry hazarder as stated above. Probably gonna get rid of Fire Punch or Crunch.

if you're not willing to change things (lilligant) and are going with what the game gives you, this thread shouldn't be in competitive battling

especially if you're not even aware of tiers and don't really know the purpose of your team/individual Pokémon

it's fine as an ingame team but i'm not sure this is really competitive battling

so gigalith's gonna be your stealth rocker? uhm, it's sorta slow so it can't really set up SR nicely.
it'd be very nice if you got a fast SE/spike/toxic spikes lead [thinking of d-speed forme or mew but you probably don't have those!] so try an Areodactyl [didn't spell that correcgly, did I] or something.
will edit later

[Eeeh, I thought Terrakion was an Uber. Also, Wide Lens raises accuracy, which you don't really need.]
Scolipede is theoretically a good Spiker; it's fast and can set up early. It's extremely fragile though and has to watch out for Fake Out and super-effective priority moves. Roserade is a bit slower but can hold its own more effectively against special attacks; her paper-thin Defense is a downfall though. Froslass is faster than Roserade, slower than Scolipede, and has average defenses, but she can spinblock too.

If you're looking for a fast SRer, though... Skarmory can set up Spikes and Stealth Rock, then Whirlwind away to scout and on the way cripple the opposing team severely. It also has a reliable form of healing in Roost but should only have one entry hazard on its moveset to prevent an enemy from Taunting it into dead weight. Tyranitar has good all-around stats except for speed, which is key to entry hazard setup. The Sandstorm from its ability can also be annoying, especially with only one other Pokemon on your team that's immune to the damage (Flygon, which is probably going to be replaced anyway.) Unless you want to get an Unnerve Tyranitar, which is kind of an abilitywaste. Aerodactyl is probably the best Stealth Rocker: it's fast, doesn't need to watch out for Fake Out, and resists most priority moves. And, its attack is great. Ferrothorn can be considered as either a Spiker or a SRer. Iron Barbs can come in handy, and it has just two weaknesses, but must watch out for fast Fire-types (read: Rapidash.)

Crunch is good on Flygon, don't replace it. Why do you need Fire Punch? Earthquake is perfectly good against Steel-types. You might need Fire Punch for the occasional Steel-type that's immune to or resists Earthquake, but other than that it's unnecessary and should be replaced.

Also, Item Clause. I don't think Galvantula and Chandelure can both have Choice Specs. On the subject of Galvantula, its moveset is horrible. Why do you need X-Scissor with Choice Specs, which will lock you into X-Scissor, a physical move, and raise Sp. Attack? Thunder is okay, I guess, but Electroweb is just horrible. Galvantula is fast enough already, and it doesn't benefit much from lowering the opponent's speed with a weak 15-PP move that just wastes a move slot. Use something like Energy Ball. Signal Beam is a poor choice. It's weaker than Bug Buzz, and the tiny confusion chance doesn't help much. The Sp. Defense-lowering aspect of Bug Buzz is a lot better, especially with Choice Specs.

Last edited:
...Your Galvantula needs a much better moveset. A good set for Galvantula would be something like:

-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-Volt Switch/Hidden Power

Also, take the Life Orb off of Gigalith and put it on Lilligant. Give Gigalith Leftovers (can't you get two in B/W?), or teach it Explosion over Flash Cannon and give it a Choptle Berry/Normal Gem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom