• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

2020 Mafia Championships

maybe he's right tbh :sadwowee:
uh i mean. how dare he-
omg no you can do it!! We'll be cheering you both on! :D

Also, I could set up a forum PM or Discord channel or something for a TCoDf-only spectator chat for the game, if people are interested in that? We didn't have one for previous years, but it feels like interest in mafia has resurged a bit.

Also, I could set up a forum PM or Discord channel or something for a TCoDf-only spectator chat for the game, if people are interested in that? We didn't have one for previous years, but it feels like interest in mafia has resurged a bit.
i'd be down!

I'm probably not interested, but I'd recommend Discord channel over forum PM. Forum PMs seem to have limits on how many people can be in them (unless they're made by the admin?) and also then you'll get notifications every time someone posts in one. If it's on Discord then people can choose to be in the server but not be constantly alerted about it.

You will also have access to a large variety of high-quality emojis, such as woweesprite.

i'd be down!
ooh I'm interested in either one of these
I'm probably not interested, but I'd recommend Discord channel over forum PM. Forum PMs seem to have limits on how many people can be in them (unless they're made by the admin?) and also then you'll get notifications every time someone posts in one. If it's on Discord then people can choose to be in the server but not be constantly alerted about it.

You will also have access to a large variety of high-quality emojis, such as woweesprite.
Alright, I'll make a Discord server for spectating closer to when the game will start!

I'd be down for watching... i don't think i'm up to the challenge of playing though :>
Yay, more spectators!

if mewtini needs a new sub, I'd be okay subbing? And leaving the MU spec chat
Cool! :D

A lot of communities actually don't send backup players since if the main representative can't play any more, the organizers can find someone from a different community. So if you wouldn't want to be the sub knowing that, that's totally fine.

Otherwise, if you make a post in the season general information thread, or tell Lissa from MU that you would be willing to sub, you should be all set. I think they would kick you out of the MU Discord spectator chat before the game starts in case you need to sub in. I also think if you're not in spectator chat and someone else needs to sub out in an earlier or later game, you might be contacted as well to see if the deadline / activity / timing would work out for you to enter the game, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, Herbe and Boquise's game starts on Monday at noon Eastern time! :D Here's the link to a Discord server I've set up to spectate the game.

MU takes "out-of-thread communication" a lot more seriously than here, so once the game thread is posted, please make sure to not talk about this game where anyone in the game could see it - in other words, anywhere outside of the above Discord server or the MU spec chat (which you can ask for here).

Good luck!!! We're rooting for you! \o/

Back
Top Bottom