• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Cave of Dragonflies forums

I
IndigoClaudia
This is why we teach our hatterenes water type moves ahead of time.
I
IndigoClaudia
I only ever get bothered by sounds, sometimes things going along with sounds though... but mostly sounds.
Bluwiikoon
Bluwiikoon
Too many people talking is so bad >< I can kind of handle it if I'm in an outside area where there's space, but in an enclosed area I get big anxiety. And oh my gosh!! I do that microwave thing too!! I also have to stop it when it hits 0:01 because any other number is just unacceptable, clearly. And GOD the textures thing. I can definitely relate, there's a lot of foods I just can't eat if the texture is bad, and I can't really stand knitted wool clothing.
I
IndigoClaudia
Hatterene might be the most relatable pokémon yet.
I
IndigoClaudia
I don't like a lot of people talking in a closed space. And my microwave noise isn't that bad, but i've been to places where it's AWFUL and it's a sensory overload. There are some textures that annoy me, but none are awful.
I
IndigoClaudia
I think though, in real life i couldn't keep a hatterene because i'm very loud myself.
Bluwiikoon
Bluwiikoon
Hatterene just kinda wants to be left alone and be given food sometimes. Which is valid!
I
IndigoClaudia
That basically describes me except for i don't aaalllwaays want to be left alone.
Reactions: Mawile
Bluwiikoon
Bluwiikoon
It's kind of like a cat... if Hatterene wants to hang out, they'll come and find you. If they don't want to hang out, don't even try. xD
Mawile
Mawile
Oh not being able to stand knitted wool is an absolute mood. Even just knitted stuff in general is hard to tolerate, but wool especially is awful. A lot of yarn in general just has this really bad feel to it, so when I knit stuff I tend to be super picky about the yarn I use.

I wish I could just turn off the microwave at 0:01!! My brain likes to go "but then it isn't fully cooked, though" and that's stressful by itself, so I usually just have my finger on the stop button and push it ASAP.

I'm usually pretty quiet in real life unless you get me talking about things I like. Then I'll talk your ear off, but not super loudly.
Mawile
Mawile
And big same at the wanting to be left alone and given food sometimes thing
I
IndigoClaudia
I talk at a million miles an hour, fairly loudly so i'm a bit of a hypocrite.
Bluwiikoon
Bluwiikoon
It's kind of like... when you spend your whole life struggling to get anyone to listen to you, it all spills out once someone is actually willing to hear about your interests. ^^;

I find with music and your own voice, since you control the volume at all times it's way more bearable for yourself. I hate having to shout if someone is far away, though!
M&F
M&F
walk into the club like, what up, I once had a panic attack due to a particularly unfortunate combination of loud music, people jam-packed and talking loudly, and thin air

... wait shit I should not have walked into the club again considering that HHHHHHHHHHHH
Mawile
Mawile
I like listening to music out loud! Although I only listen to the same subset of stuff basically all the time, so I know exactly how it sounds and it's a lot more bearable to listen to it slightly loudly
Bluwiikoon
Bluwiikoon
Oh noooo M&F!!! Sorry to hear about your panic attack :( Understandable considering the circumstances but still a bad experience!
I
IndigoClaudia
I get panic attacks a lot less now for whatever reason.
I
IndigoClaudia
But i do get them from loud music
Mawile
Mawile
ng4x41jr4e731.jpg

This is relevant
Bluwiikoon
Bluwiikoon
LOL

Absolutely perfect!
  • Love