• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does a god exist V2

IndigoClaudia

The Fool
Pronoun
She/Fae
So i was reading the old "Does a god of any kind exist?" and decided that it was getting old and rusty and we should make a new one. So here we are.

My thoughts on the matter is, no a god does not exist. When i was younger i always wanted to believe in some sort of god, but i don't anymore. However i do like the traditions of multiple religions. I'm not entirely against the theory of an afterlife though. I definitely believe in that to some extent. I also kinda like the idea of some new-age religions but i don't really believe in 90% of the stuff in them. But that's just me, what about you?

mamma mia, here we go again-

for my own part: I'm a skeptical type, and someone who overall feels more comfortable with the idea that what we do here on this teeny blue rock doesn't mean anything bigger than the selfsame rock (because seriously, imagine placing that kind of responsibility on a lousy species like ours), I don't believe in god, nor in any of the more... let's say, fantastical, aspects of spirituality, like souls and afterlives and reincarnations and, well, as much as people seem to enjoy acting scientific about those, alternate universes.

still, I'd have to be delusional to think I only believe in things that are reasonable and provable. nobody does, and some people are more honest about it than others. 's what a lot of spirituality comes down to; how you define the world that you live in, when it's not possible to do so in objective terms, which is more often than not. and having that spiritual wholeness -- I won't call it faith or any other conventional monikers because that's not all it boils down to -- can be a powerful thing; it's a power that skeptical types like myself have to expend a lot of effort replacing.

Back
Top Bottom