• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

R/S/E Emerald Monotype Team Help

Time Psyduck

I can see the ending
To avoid cluttering up the monotype challenge (plus there was no response) I have poste dmy montype team here. The problem that I don't have complete move sets for each pokemon, and need some help in selecting them.

Ok:

Swampert (Hardy)
Earthquake
Brick Break
Strength
Waterfall/Foresight

Ludicolo (Sassy)
Giga Drain
Hydro Pump
???
???

Sharpedo (Adamant)
Crunch
Surf
Slash
???

Starmie (Docile)
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Recover
???

Kingdra (nature unknown - not bred yet)
Dragonbreath
Ice Beam
???
???

Milotic (nature unknown - not bred yet)
Ice Beam?
Dragonbreath
???
???

Thanks

(I'll add natures when i get back on the game and can check)

Last edited:
Swampert
Earthquake
Brick Break
Strength
Waterfall/Foresight Surf could work nicely

Ludicolo
Giga Drain
Hydro Pump
??? You can never have too much Surf
??? Perhaps Ice Beam or Blizzard?

Sharpedo
Crunch
Surf
Slash
??? Earthquake, or maybe Skull Bash

Starmie
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Recover
??? This may be a bit repetitive, but Surf.

Kingdra (nature unknown - not bred yet)
Dragonbreath
Ice Beam
??? Water Pulse or Surf
??? If you want, try Toxic

Milotic (nature unknown - not bred yet)
Ice Beam?
??? Surf
??? Recover
??? Maybe Twister?
Comments in bold. I may have overdone it with Surf, but it's really the best water move.

I know this is a bit late, but just in case you're still looking for suggestions...

Swampert:
It's just a personal preference of mine that Surf and Fly are the only worthwhile HM's to use in actual battle. So, I would say ditch both Strength and Waterfall in favor of Surf and Foresight (or even Toxic). You could even turn in Brick Break for Protect to stall out Toxic more effectively if you really wanted, since Brick Break's strengths are also covered by Earthquake (most noteably Rock and Steel).

Ludicolo:
Depending on its ability, you might want to consider giving it Rain Dance and Leech Seed. Rain Dish + Leech Seed + Mega/Giga Drain = well...lots of HP. Rain Dance would also kill the effectiveness of fire-type attacks. Surf or Hydro Pump to round it out.

Sharpedo:
Scizor King had the right idea, but go with Earthquake or even Ice Beam. Skull Bash is a 2-turn attack, and Sharpedo's weak Defenses don't really afford it a lot of time to do its work.

Starmie:
Lots of options. Confuse Ray is learned naturally at level 33 (though you'd probably need a Heart Scale at this point). It can also get Ice Beam or Light Screen through TM's, and of course, there's always Surf.

Kingdra:
Dragon Dance and Return/Facade. I know it's not the most effective spread of moves type-wise, but this is only a monotype run anyway, right? DD boosts Attack and Speed and then you'll have a move to take advantage of its raised Attack stat.

Milotic:
Surf, Recover and Facade. Facade gives Milotic a second way to utilize a status effect, the first being its Marvel Scale ability. Surf and Ice Beam for a usual arsenal, and Recover to increase its staying power.

Back
Top Bottom