• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Forgiven (PG-13)

hopeandjoy

yan ya yan ya yaa iii yaaa
The repost of doom! Everything is copy-pasta'd from FF.net including the opening and (sometimes) end notes. Huzzah?

Prologue

The girl stood there on the ruined earth. She appeared to be staring at the broken ground, with rocks and bits of wall scattered about. The world seemed so bleak, so desolate, and... the girl smirked a bit. Was she enjoying this place? She stared at the dead, bloody, and twisted bodies of the two women who were the last line of defense. Unless… Unless she found what she was looking for. What Meiun couldn’t find…

The Girl
Where are they? She couldn’t have taken it… I saw her leave in disgust… I continued to look. Where? Where? Whe- I looked at what seemed to be a drawer in one of the slightly intact walls. I slowly went towards it. Wrapping my hand around the handle, I slowly opened the drawer. Yes! Here they are! I stuck my hand in the drawer and reached towards what I was looking for. Two necklaces. As I reached for the sun-shaped one, it moved away on its own. Almost as if it was alive and knew I wasn’t its mistress. “Look,” I said to the necklace, like it was alive, “I’m not going to take you. I’m going to bring you and your friend,” Wait… Could necklaces have friends? Of course not… “To your mistresses.”

The necklace stopped moving away, and I picked both of them up. As they were made of stone, they were slightly heavy. But ignored that and turned around, heading to the Kanto region. I was unaware at the time what I was bringing on those two poor girls and their friends. And on myself, for I cannot call myself a friend. No idea at all.

I forgot to say, this is anime-verse. Yup. And Japanese names used. Look 'em up on Bulbapedia if you're confused. Just a warning, this can have some crazy Mood Whiplash (if curious about what that means, look it up on TV Troups). Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Nozomi Chiba

I sat up in bed, legs crossed, annoyed. VERY annoyed. I chewed on the chain of my sun shaped necklace that I had found a year ago. The round part and the chain were both a shade of orange, and the rays were yellow. It was a nice little necklace, and I never took it off. Then again, even if I DID I had a feeling that it wouldn’t come off.

By the way, I’m Nozomi. Nozomi Chiba. You probably haven’t heard of me. Anyhow, I had just turned 15 and was going to leave today. “Why are you so old?” I bet you’re asking yourself. Because my best friend, Sand (Or Jolt-kun as I call him), kept using excuses on why not to go. Last year he played sick. The year before that he made sure he was out of town. Things like that. “Why not leave without him?” You ask? Because I promised my old friend Kuroi-chan we’d go together before she moved.

I have relatively long brown hair. It’s not the nicest in the world, but it’s fine. I have piercing bright green eyes (Jolt-kun says they are good looking, but those things are like traffic lights…), and because of them my mom keeps questioning dad if we have anything else then Japanese in our bloodline. I wouldn’t say I have pale skin, but I don’t tan easily either.

I stared at the clock, which read 4:59. Come on. Come on! Turn to 5:00 already! I thought, and almost as if the clock could read my mind, it did. I leapt out of bed, yelling.

“Yes! If we get up this early Jolt-kun shall have a choice of a starter!” As I continued to babble on, my Pichu looked up, rather annoyed.

“Pichu Pi!” it yelled, almost as if it was saying my name. As I continued to raise a ruckus, which probably woke all of Masara (I could be wrong though…), it finally caused the little Pichu to let out a small Thundershock, zapping both of us.

“Sor-sorry Denkou…” said I said, still a little, if you will excuse the pun, shocked. I glanced at the clock, which now read 5:05. “Ak!” I yelled in shock as I scrambled to my drawers for what I could wear. I say “could” because I barely had any clothes that weren’t dirty. I looked in and almost cried. All that was left was a blue and black sleeveless shirt, red mini skirt, and blue socks. I sighed, it would have to do.

After I got dressed, I went into her bathroom. I brushed my teeth with almost super-human speed. I honestly didn’t even mess with my bed head. Or think about it.

I ran out of the bathroom, threw my toothbrush and toothpaste in my well-stocked tan messager bag and called to Denkou, who tiredly walked after me. I ran down stairs and called Jolt-kun’s house up on the phone.

I heard a yawn and then Jolt-kun’s mom speaking. “Hello, Kentai res-“

“Hello, Kentai-san, is Jolt-kun awake?” I asked, loudly.

“Um, yes, Nozomi-chan, I’ll get Sand, I think he went back to his room after being woken up by yelling.”

I sweatdroped. “Um, thank you.”

“You’re welcome, goodbye.”

“Goodbye,” I replied. I grabbed a piece of toast. As I took the first bite I heard Mom call down from upstairs.

“Nozomi-chan, what are you doing this early in the morning? You must’ve woken up the whole town!” Mom yelled.

“I’m gfimin to Jflot-kum’s hflouse, sow-” I replied, my mouth full of toast.

“Without your mouth full.” Mom demanded, annoyed.

I swallowed and started again. “I’m going to Jolt-kun’s house, so we can head to Ookido-Hakase’s lab.”

“Fine, but don’t get yourself killed.” Mom said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

“I won’t,” I replied. I held the piece of toast in my mouth and I put on my tan boots. I wore them so much, no matter what the season; Jolt-kun had taken to calling them my lucky boots. I stood up, slammed my white brimmed hat on my head and went outside. I smiled. This was going to be fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sand “Jolt” Kentai

Why does Zomi-chan yell so much? I thought to myself and sighed, So… Tired… Must… Go back… To sleep… I thought as I climbed sleeply onto my bed and rolled into a ball. Sweet sleep…

“SAND!” I suddenly heard my mom yell, as I sat up in bed, “ Nozomi-chan’s coming over! GET READY!”

“But Mom, it’s almost 5:15, tell her I’m not feeling well or something…” I mumbled. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to see Zomi-chan; it was just that I was tired. And I didn’t want to go. Note that the only reason that I didn’t want to go is that I was sure that Zomi-chan was going to pressure me into battling. Mom didn’t reply so I sighed and got off of my bed. I just dragged myself into a baggy white tee, that just made me look THAT mutch more lanky and skinny. I put on a pair of jeans, pulled on some socks, and bushed my teeth sadly putting my toothbrush and toothpaste into my yellow backpack. I was out of excuses, so I was going to have to suck it up.

I didn’t do anything about my hair, all of it’s yellow spiky-ness was coved by my knit cap I always wear. Don’t ask why. It’s not any of your bisness. My black, yes, they are completely black, eyes stared back at me on the reflection. My skin has a weird yellowish tint to it. Don’t ask about those either.

Just as I finished tieing my sneakers, there was a knock. Well, this is it home. I loved you. I thought as I opened the door. Sure enough, there was Zomi-chan, in a black and blue sleeveless top and a red mini skirt. And her lucky boots and hat, of course. Denkou was at her side, the little yellow orb we found it with tied around its neck. As usual, it was not happy. “Zomi-chan,” I asked, “Can you wait here while I get something to eat?” I was planning to hide. Maybe that would work!

“No can do,” Zomi-chan replied, grabbing me by the back of my shirt, “If I let you do that you could run off and hide or something.” She started to drag me, Denkou pushing my feet. This was not going to be fun. At all.

Here's chapter two! Enjoy things like Sand being a jerk and Nozomi being... Nozomi.

Disclamer: I don't own Pokémon, sadly. If I did Palletshipping would be cannon and the anime would have a better plot. Maybe.

Chapter 2

Sand Kentai

You know when life sucks? When your best friend is dragging you to a lab. At 5:45 in the morning. I understood her earliness, Pokémon go fast. But really.

Anyhow, Zomi-chan was dragging me. And we had just reached Ookido-Hakase’s lab and I was tiredly looking around. The place was half house, half lab. The house part looked like a normal house, just a bit bigger. As for the lab, well, it was a bit… drab. But it was a lab, who expects more?

“Ookido-Hakase!” Zomi-chan yelled, finally letting me go. Maybe I could… No. It’s too late now, Sand. I thought to myself sadly. Ookido-Hakase looked up; he was not very awake yet and was drinking his coffee. The guy was wearing his usual clothing, a white lab coat, red polo, and tan pants. Denkou sparked dangerously, it had never seemed to be found of most humans for whatever reason.

“Ah! Hello!” the professor exclaimed, a bit tired, “I didn’t expect to see anyone this early. And you two are?”

“Nozomi Chiba and Sand Kentai,” I replied, “I came here for my starter and everything else and Zomi-chan came here to get started.”

“I see,” he replied, “Come with me, then.” He walked to were he kept the started. I was very tempted to just stand there, but Zomi-chan pushed me. Figures… I thought to myself, rubbing my head.

I walked toward the table, hands in my pockets. “Well first off we have Fushigidane-“ Ookido-Hakase started, but I immediately cut him off after hearing its name.

“I’ll take Fushigidane,” I replied.

“Don’t you even what to know its types?”

“Nope,”

“O-okay…” The professor seemed to be confused, as if he had never saw something like that before. The professor handed me its Monster Ball. He looked at Zomi-chan and then looked down. The little Pichu glared at him.

Did I mention how Denkou can somehow manage to look imitating? No? Well now you know.

Anyhow, he speed up his pace and hastily retreated. Zomi-chan glared at me. “What was that for?” she asked.

“What?” I replied.

“Being so rude!” she snapped.

I just grunted and turned away. She gave an angry sigh and dropped the subject.

Soon Ookido-Hakase returned with ten, no, eleven Monster Balls and two Zukans. He handed me five of the Monster Balls and a Zukan, and handed Zomi-chan the other six Monster Balls and a Zukan. “These Zukans record information on the Pokémon you see. Also, they can show you your Pokémon’s attacks.” he explained.

Zomi-chan and I bowed. “Thank you, sir,” we said and turned to leave.

Nozomi Chiba

We had barely gotten onto Route 1 when I turned to Jolt-kun. You see, I had to capture Denkou. And Denkou hurts itself when it used electric attacks. And for some reason Sand was immune, no, energized by them. “Jolt-kun,” I started, “Could you do something for me?”

“Yeah,” he replied, “What?”

“I need you to take Denkou’s Thundershock,”

“Oka- Wait, what?”

“You heard me,”

He glared at me. “Fine,” he said, annoyed.

“Sweet!” I yelled. I looked at Denkou, “Denkou, use Thundershock on Jolt-kun until you faint,”

Denkou blinked as it looked at me.

“So that I can capture you,” I responded to the Pichu’s confusion.

“Pi!” Denkou replied and turned to Jolt-kun. “PICHU!” it yelled using the attack. As expected it did nothing to Jolt-kun. Well, until the end when his muscles started spazzing and he couldn’t stand anymore. Finally Denkou fainted. Jolt-kun on the other hand was sparking.

I ignored him for the time being. “Go, Monster Ball!” I yelled as I lobbed a Monster Ball at Denkou.

Shake.

Shake.

Shake.

And… ping! I picked up Denkou’s ball and put it in my bag. And then I looked at Jolt-kun. I winced. “Gomen, Jolt-kun,” I said rubbing my head.

“Gomen won- AHHHHH!” he yelled as he let out a mighty electric attack. “Gomen won’t cut it,” he finally replied after finishing his attack. “Sorry ‘bout the attack though,”

“It’s… Okay…” I replied slowly, “But as payback!” I started to charge up one of the… newer attubues of mine.

“Wait! Zomi-chan, you don’t-“

It was too late. I had launched it. Or, so I thought. I had really just got myself in the face.

“-have control over that yet,” Jolt-kun sighed right before I fainted.

And that was how we started out. Thinking we were going to be normal trainers.

We were wrong.

Sorry about last week (and Redetis, that sucked) but I was banned from the computer. But here's chapter 3!

Discaimer: No, I don't own Pokémon. If I did I'd be rolling on the moolah.

Chapter 3

Ribeka

I stared at the scene before me with amusement. It WAS funny to see Sand look ashamed and Nozomi so…. Knocked out. I giggled before realizing I was out in the open. Crap, I thought to myself, realizing I could be caught I looked around and found a bunch of trees. It could work… I considered the idea. I walked over to the trees, slightly shaking. I had never climbed one before. I gulped. I channeled my inner Eipam and scrambled up the tree, less than gracefully.

Nozomi

I opened my eyes. “Hey,” I started to ask, “What time is it?”

“About noon,” Jolt-kun replied, “You were out for quite a bit.” I scrambled up.

“Ack! We only have,” I started to count on my fingers, “8 hours before sunset!”

“’Only’? We have plenty of time,” Jolt-kun said, “Don’t you think we should look our Pokémon up? We don’t actually know anything about them.”

“Good point. Do you think Denkou might’ve revived?”

“Maybe,”

“Well, you go first, just in case,”

He shrugged. “Sure,” he grabbed the Monster Ball off of his backpack, “Come out, Fushigidane!” he threw the ball into the air and the red and white ball opened up, white light quickly becoming the Pokémon. It was dinosaur looking, and down on four legs. It had blue-green skin with spots of green. Its eyes were red and it had little fangs. But the weirdest feature of the Pokémon was the Green bulb on its back.

“Fushi!” it cried before looking at us in confusion, “Fushi?”

“Hello, Fushigidane!” Jolt-kun said, smiling, “I’m your trainer, Sand!”

Fushigidane cocked its head to the side. He sniffed Jolt-kun, becoming a bit more confused, but seemed to finally decide that Jolt-kun was alright. “Fushigidane,” it said, extending one of its vines. Jolt-kun grabbed it and shook it, like you would a hand. He pulled out his Zukan and scanned the bulbed Pokémon.

“Fushigidane,” a female voice began, “The Seed Pokémon. For some time after its birth, it grows by gaining nourishment from the seed on its back.”

Jolt-kun was still looking at the Zukan. “It says that Fushigidane is male, a grass/posion type, has a Timid nature, and knows Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, and Vine Whip. Not a bad move set…” He looked at me. “Your turn,” he said.

I reached into my bag and grabbed Denkou’s Monster Ball. “Go, Denkou!” I yelled, missing a great chance to make an awesome catchphrase. The yellow Pokémon came out, injured, but awake.

“Pi…” it said, a little angry that it was let out. I pulled out my Zukan and quickly scanned it.

“Pichu,” the encyclopedia began, “The Tiny Mouse Pokémon. It plays with others by touching tails and setting of sparks. This appears to be a test of courage.” It immediately switched to a new screen, showing me things like Denkou’s gender, current attacks, and nature.

“It says here that Denkou is female, an electric type, has an Adamant nature, and knows Thundershock, Charm, Volt Tackle, and Nasty Plot. Doesn’t seem too bad either,” I replied. I looked at Denkou. She had gone to Fushigidane and was talking to him. That’s weird… I thought to myself, Denkou is normally very anti-social… I smiled. Maybe she just likes Pokémon better than humans.

“Come on!” I yelled, “Let’s get going!”

Ribeka

They FINALLY started to move. Unfortunately for me, I had no idea how to get from tree-to-tree. Well… Maybe I could swing from tree-to-tree, Eipam style! I rubbed my hands together and swung. I landed in the next tree. Luckily, it was Pokémon free. Thanking Arceus, I kept on doing it, until Nozomi-tachi stopped.

Nozomi

We had come across a Koratta. Not a big deal, right? Except we didn’t know who would battle it. “You battle it!” I insisted, “That way you can get more used to working with Fushigidane!”

“No, you!” Jolt-kun augured back, “Ladies first after all!”

“Jolt-kun, don’t make me push you in there.”

“You wouldn’t.”

“I would.” He glared at me.

“Fine,” he said, “But you battle the next Pokémon.” Amazingly, the Koratta had not run off, but instead looked amused at our fighting. “Let’s start this, Fushigidane!” he called and Fushigidane walked in front of him. The Koratta now seemed to tense up, purple fur brisling, and go into a battle stance. “Use Growl!” Jolt-kun called.

The Seed Pokémon looked at the Koratta and let out a cute little growl. It melted my heart! The Koratta became less tense. It wagged its curled purple tail cutely in the air. You know, maybe wild Pokémon aren’t so dangerous after all… I thought to myself. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Jolt-kun called the next move.

“Use Leech Seed!” he called. Fushigidane pointed his bulb at the purple rat. A small brown seed was shot out of it, landed on the Koratta’s forehead and immediately sprouted light green vines, entwining the rat’s head. The Koratta ran to Fushigidane and tackled him. By the time it came off of him, however, it bent over in pain as the vines spread and sucked health away from it. Any damage caused by the Tackle faded away as Fushigidane absorbed health from the Koratta.

“Use Vine Whip!” Jolt-kun called out. Before Fushigidane could attack, however, the Koratta had tackled him. After the rat had leapt off, Fushigidane let out the vine from before along with a new one and raised them in the air. Suddenly, he quickly brought them down, striking the Koratta. It almost fainted from that hit, but as the Leech Seed once again took effect, it fainted after Fushigidane had absorbed its health.

“Good job, Fushigidane,” he said walking toward the Bulb Pokémon and rubbing Fushigidane's head, “Let’s keep moving,” he said to me after standing up.

“Right,” I said as I nodded. We started to walk again.

As we walked into Toiwa City, I was tired but happy. This was were I had found Denkou, and where I had often gone on trips to on the weekends. But when I looked down, I saw Denkou tense up and show an emotion I had never seen on since I found her. Fear. “Hey, Denkou,” I asked, “What’s wrong?” She looked up at me.

“Pichu, Pi,” she said matter-of-factly, crossing her stubby arms. I shrugged and held out her Monster Ball. “Denkou, return,” I said, pressing the button.

“Why did you return her?” Jolt-kun asked.

“I thought it would be easier to give her to the nurse like that.”

“Good point.”

“Are you going to return Fushigidane?” He shrugged.

“Might as well,” he replied. Like me he held out Fushigidane’s ball. “Return,” he said as he pressed the button on the Monster Ball.

We walked into the Pokémon Center. A pink haired, blue eyed woman in a nurse’s outfit looked up. “Hello!” she said with a smile, “You must be two of the starting trainers, yes?” We nodded and walked towards the desk. “Good, good! I’m Nurse Joi and welcome to Toiwa City! Do you need your Pokémon to be healed?” We nodded again. “Okay then! Just hand me the Pokémon you need healed’s Monster Ball.” Jolt-kun unclipped Fushigidane’s Monster Ball and put it on the counter. I reached into my bag and pulled out Denkou’s. I put it on the counter as well. “Are you two going to spend the night here or continue onto Nibi City?”

“I think we’ll stay here for the night,” I replied.

“Okay then!” she said, “The cafeteria is over there,” she pointed to her right, “And the rooms are upstairs. Your room is 222,” she said handing Jolt-kun the key, “Wait there while I heal your Pokémon,” she said pointing to the chairs along the wall behind us.

Jolt-kun and I sat down.

“Hey, Zomi-chan,” he began.

“Yeah?”

“I get a bad vibe about this place. I don’t know WHY either.” I looked at him.

“Weird.”

“Yeah.”

AN:Yes, I know that Pichus learn Nasty Plot last. But it fis Denkou, no?

Today, my readers, we meet quite possibly my favorite character. In a sense, anyway. (Ha! Try figuring that one out!) I also deleted my other story. It was horable, and I think I'll be able to do it better later.

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon. If I did, we would know what's under a Digda by now.

Chapter 4

Nozomi

I slowly opened my eyes. We had picked up Denkou and Fushigidane a few minutes after we a sat down. We had eaten (the food here was surprisingly good) and gone to bed. I sat up in bed, raising my hands above my head, and yawning. Rubbing my eyes I glanced at the clock. 5:00 am, I thought to myself, Perfect.

I slid out of bed and walked over to were Jolt-kun was sleeping. It was kind of funny the way he was curled up on top of the covers, sleeping. “Hey Jolt-kun,” I said. He didn’t even stir.

Poke. “Jolt-kun?” He moved this time.

“Five more minutes, mom…” he muttered.

Poke. Poke. “JOLT-KUN!” He scrambled up.

“I’m u-!“ He looked at the clock. He glared at me. “Can you just let a guy get some sleep? It’s five-fuckin’-o’clock in the morning!” he growled, “Let me sleep!” He bared his teeth at me. His canines are kinda long… I noted, a bit scared.

“O-okay!” I said shakily, “I’ll just train or something!” Jolt-kun grunted and curled back into a ball. I slipped on my boots, slammed my hat on my head, slung my bag over my shoulder, and walked out the door. I quietly walked down the hallway, wincing as I realized I could’ve woken other people up. I tip-toed down the stairs, wondering if Joi-san was awake. And sure enough, she was.

“Were are you going at this hour?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“To train,” I replied. She sighed.

“Well just know that you can’t get in until seven,” she said. I decided quickly that asking her why she was up then was a bad idea.

“Okay, then,” I said and walked out the doors.

Let’s see now… A Route, a Route… I looked around trying to find a sign that could help me. Ah! I saw one. I bent over to read it. Let’s see… This says that it’s Route 22… I think I’ll try this one!

I strode into the Route but stopped when I saw someone in a patch of long grass. I walked up to the person. He-or was it she?- had long jet black hair that reached down to his/her back and blended into the dark sky. The person had black, pupil-less eyes and a weird black shadow over his/her face. He/she had a black tee on that made him/her look torso-less. He/she had a gray backpack slung over one shoulder and was wearing olive green pants. This person looks familiar… I thought to myself before the person looked at me.

“Hey,” he-no, the voice was female-SHE said, “Don’t try going past this patch of grass.” The person’s voice creeped me out. It was a strange cross between a deep female teenager’s and a woman’s voice.

“Why?” I asked. The girl rolled her eyes.

“Because Giratina will drag your soul to hell,” she said sarcastically.

“I mean really,”

“There’s a guy there not letting anyone who doesn’t have 8 badges pass,” she said, “And judging by your looks and the date, I assume you don’t have them.” I narrowed my eyes, She doesn’t have to be so rude… I forced myself to smile.

“Anyway, I’m Nozomi Chiba!” I said offering my hand. She didn’t shake it.

“My name’s Bara, Nozomi-baka,” she replied.

“Hey!” I yelled, “I am not an idiot!”

“So you’re just weak, then?”

“Hai-hey, wait!” I yelled, “I’m not weak!”

“Oh?”

“And I’ll prove it to you too! Bara-san, I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!” I yelled. She giggled.

“Fine, fine. You go first, Nozomi-baka!” I felt myself clench my fists. I’ll show her… I thought as I dug in my bag for Denkou’s Monster Ball. Clutching it in my hand, I closed my bag. I pressed the button on the ball, quickly enlarging it. I tossed the ball out onto the field.

“Go, Denkou!” I called as my Pichu materialized. Denkou looked at Bara strangely and then shrugged, like she couldn’t figure something out.

“This should be easy,” Bara said, plucking a ball from a forest green belt I had missed earlier, “Go, Digda!” she called, flicking the ball onto the field. A brown Pokémon appeared, shaped almost like a cylinder cut in half. I couldn’t help but wonder what it looked like underground. It had black oval eyes and a big red nose. I flicked out my Zukan.

“Digda,” it began, “The Mole Pokémon. A Pokémon that lives underground. Because of its dark habitat, it is repealed by bright sunlight.” A quick look at the stats said the Digda was a Ground type Pokémon and that this one was male.

“Alright then, Nasty Plot!” Denkou closed her eyes. A grin formed on her face. Judging by the name of the move, it didn’t seem like they were very nice thoughts.

“Digda, Sand Attack,” Bara commanded coolly. The brown mole spun around quickly, gathering up dry soil from around him. He tilted his body at Denkou just as she opened her eyes. The dirt flew at her and she squealed as some got in her eyes. Digda stopped spinning and now faced Denkou again, unused soil floating to the ground. Denkou rubbed her eyes, trying to get the dirt ou of them, but no dice. She closed them and started to rub them again.

“Denkou!” I yelled, “Thundershock!”

“Pichu!” Denkou cried as she launched a jolt of electricity at the Mole Pokémon. By sheer luck it hit.

“Yes!” I said before looking at the Digda. The electricity just passed though its body. “Huh?” I wondered.

“You really ARE an idiot, Nozomi-baka,” Bara said with a giggle, “Ground types are unaffected by electric moves,” She giggled again and she saw Denkou hurt herself, “You really are a new at this, aren’t you? No matter, your defect will come swifter that way. Digda! Magnitude!” The brown Pokémon went completely underground.

“Wha-?” but before I could finish that question, the ground started shaking. I fell down and clutched the grass. Denkou, on the other hand, seemed to be extremely effected by the sudden earthquake. I looked over in Bara’s direction. She was also clutching the grass, but seemed happy about the earthquake.

“Good job, Digda!” she called out, “This one’s a seven! The Pichu will be down in three…” The earthquake lessened. “Two...” Was it almost done? “One!” The earthquake indeed stopped and the Digda poked its head above the ground.

“Pi…” Denkou said quietly as she collapsed.

“Denkou!”

“And that’s why you shouldn’t use an electric type against a ground type. By the way, the next gym leader uses mostly rock-ground types. You might want to catch something,” she walked toward Toiwa City. “Tootles!” she called out, waving. I pulled out Denkou’s Monster Ball.

“Denkou, return,” I said sadly as Denkou was sucked into her ball in a flash of red light.

“And then she just walked away!” I said to Jolt-kun.

I had gotten back to the Center at six, and remembered grimly that it was closed for another hour. I had gone out and bought some food and supplies we forgot. Why I didn’t think about eating out for breakfast, I had no clue. By the time I was done it was only six-thirty and I just sat outside of the place. As soon as I could get in I gave Denkou to Joi-san and rushed upstairs to meet Jolt-kun. He was just sliding out of bed. He asked me how I did and told him everything.

“While she doesn’t sound like the nicest person on the planet, you ARE an idiot sometimes Zomi-chan,” he replied as he tied his shoes.

“All I had was Denkou and I didn’t know anything about advantages and disadvantages!” I huffed.

“I know, I know,” he said grabbing his backpack and putting it on. He smiled at me. “Come on, let’s go check on Denkou and eat!” I broke out of my fuming on the word “eat”.

“Okay!” I said running downstairs.

“Hey!” he cried running after me, “Wait up!”

AN:I gave Denkou Nasty Plot, so why not give Bara's Digda Magnitude? Besides, It's the first ground move Digda learn. And Satoshi's personalty shows itself in Nozomi.

Sorry about the five posts in a row.

Hey everyone! I'm back from the dead! First I was lazy, then I got grounded. From here on out the chapters will be named.

Disclaimer: Really guys, I don't own Pokémon. kthxbai.
--------------------------------------------
Chapter 5: And Cue the Running Gags

Ribeka

I don’t think I was EVER happier than when Nozomi-tachi FINALLY came out of Toiwa City. Plus they were going into a forest and I had been doing well with trees so far. It was going to be a walk in the park!

Following a meter or so behind Nozomi and Sand I looked for the first trees I could go to. Sure enough, about 10 in out they grew thick enough to use. I quickly looked around before scrambling up one of the trees. I quickly swung though the trees before catching up to them I quickly engaged my camera and watched.

“Jolt-kun,” Nozomi asked Sand, “How much longer until we retch Nibi City?” Sand sighed.

“Zomi-chan, we just left Toiwa!” he said, annoyed. Nozomi frowned.

“Will we at least reach Nibi by tonight?” Another sigh was heard.

“No, Zomi-chan. We probably won’t arrive until tomorrow at the least.” Nozomi frowned.

“That isn’t fair…” Sand shook his head and faced forward, beginning to walk again. Nozomi glared at him and continued walking. Not paying any form of attention on the ground, Nozomi found her foot caught in a root. Quickly losing her balance, she let out a screech before hitting the ground and rolling along the path. As Sand looked back to see why Nozomi was yelling he got knocked of his feet by the rolling Nozomi. Finally skidding to a stop, Nozomi let out a single “Ow.”

“What was that about?” Sand asked, “That was such an elaborate trip that it feels like it’s going to happen a lot!”

“I sure hope not,” Nozomi said, shakily getting on her feet. I sweatdroped up in my tree. How did they know? I wondered. The group continued walking again.
Nozomi

Shaking off my fall, I took a good look at the forest surrounding me. The trees were leafy and that forest green all trees have during summer. Slightly off the beaten trail of the forest, the grass was green, and the Pokémon were everywhere. Poppo were flying in the air, Pikachu and Pichu ran around, playing with their pack mates, Katapii and Biidoru crawled over stumps, stopping to eat the occasional leaf, while Tranceru and Cocoon hung in the trees.

I was never one for walking. Honestly, I wanted just to teleport to Nibi or something. I suppose that the advantage was that we could train. And I just couldn’t shake the feeling I was being watched.

Dear Aceus in heaven, my feet hurt… I glanced at Jolt-kun. “What time is it?” He glanced at his watch.

“It’s about 17:40[1], why? Do you want to stop?” he asked. I nodded.

“Yeah. So… Uh… Do YOU know how to set up a tent?” Jolt-kun sighed.

“Fine. But you’re cooking.”
Denkou

Of course I get released right when I start having happy dreams about crushing humans (not including Sunshine, Yellow, or Atra.). Honestly, Sunshine’s got the worst timing. A quick look around revealed that the Fushigidane was sent out too.

“Hu Human!” Sunshine proclaimed. I looked at the Fushigidane. Sunshine wants me to interact with him, eh? He’s pretty cool. Why not?

I dropped down on all fours and walked to him. I flashed him a rare smile. “So last time we talked, you said you were from that person’s place, right?”

The Fushigidane smiled a bit. “Yeah, and you said you were from a forest, right?” I nodded. “Is it this one?” I thought a bit. Was it this one? I don’t really remember too well… It does seem familiar…

“Yeah, I think so.”

“How did you-“

“Meet these guys and live with them?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“I don’t like to talk about it.” I looked down. The Fushigidane looked surprised.

“Oh… Okay then.” He paused. “Do you know the human’s names?” I shook my head.

“No. But I call the one with brown hair ‘Sunshine’ and the really yellowy one ‘Yellow’. My trainer’s Sunshine. Yours is Yellow. So what’s your name?” I asked

“My name?” He looked confused for some reason.

“You know, what your parents named you. Like I’m Lightia.” I said.

“My parents didn’t name me. I was always just called ‘Fushigidane’. Maybe it’s just your culture.”

“No, everyone in forest had a name. If you don’t have one, I’ll name you!”

“No it’s okay, really!” he said.

“Nonsense!” I thought. What fits him?... I know! “How about Alienus?”

“O-okay. Thanks.” Alienus replied to me. I once again flashed a smile. “Forgive me for asking, but you don’t seem found of humans. Does it have anything to do with why you don’t live here any more?” I was silent. “Lightia?”

“Maybe…”
Nozomi

The night, being the night, went fast. Before I knew it I had annoyed Jolt-kun and awake and we were on our way. “So should we be there by this afternoon?” Jolt-kun glared.

“Yes, yes. And next morning?”

“Yeah?”

“DON’T WAKE ME UP!!!” he screamed.

“Okay, okay…” Just then, I heard the snapping of branches and a girl screaming. With a loud crash the girl landed. She was defiantly in her twenties and had short brown hair and glasses. She shot up, grabbed what looked like a keyboard off of her back and hugged it. After saying something in a language I didn’t know, she put it back on. She glance at us and was shocked.

“Uh… Um… You didn’t see me!” she said, this time in Japanese[2] and dashed off into the bushes.

“Weird.” I said.

“Defiantly.” Jolt-kun replied
[1] I think that the Japanese use the 24-hour clock. Anyone who would check this for me? Oh, and it's 5:40 pm.

[2] This fanfiction uses the trope: Traslation Convention. Look it up.

God, this chapter sucks. Review anyway, please.

“I’m u-!“ He looked at the clock. He glared at me. “Can you just let a guy get some sleep? It’s five-fuckin’-o’clock in the morning!” he growled, “Let me sleep!” He bared his teeth at me. His canines are kinda long… I noted, a bit scared.

Hmm, Sand colored, mostly immune to eletric attacks, long canines..........

He's part pokemon isn't he?

*uses CPR* Yeah, I know. I'm a procrastinator. Here's a (maybe) funny chapter!

Disclaimer: Yeah, I really don't own Pokémon. For real and true, guys.
-----------
Chapter 6: Bribing

Nozomi

“What!? You’ve got to be kidding me!” That was my cry as I read the piece of paper taped to the door of the Nibi City Gym. I was absolutely seething. All I could see was white and had my teeth grit.

“Zomi-chan, calm down! They can here you in Shin’ou!” Jolt-kun said waving his hands franticly.

“Calm down? Calm down!? You want me to calm down!? Let me ask you this, Sand Kentai, what kind of gym leader lets his mother drag him shopping!?” I screeched.

“Maybe he’s young or something. C’mon, Zomi-chan, we’ll just go to the next town. It’ll be okay, right?” he replied, hand on my arm.

“’It’ll be okay, right?’” I mocked and crossed my arms. He sighed and started dragging me. “Hey! Let go of me!” He snorted.

“So you can drag me, but I can’t drag you? No way, you’re coming with me. We’ll just go though Mount Otsukimi,” he replied.

“Fine… But I can walk!” Jolt-kun just rolled his eyes.
-----------
“None shall pass,” a man said looking us right in the eyes. He was very tall, and seemed to loom over us.

“Whatda mean ‘None shall pass,’?” I asked. “We just want to go thought the mountain.”

“None shall pass.” Jolt-kun looked extremely agitated.

“Aw come on, do you do this to every trainer that crosses your path?” he asked.

“None shall pass,” the man repeated, “… Without a Gray Badge, that is.” I could feel the veins in my head popping out.

“The gym leader is out. How are we supposed to get one if he’s not here?” I asked clenching my fists. The man stopped looming over us. He rubbed his chin, deep in thought.

“Well…” he said. “If you could get me one of those Nidoran , maybe I’ll et you pass…” he said.

“You think we’ll…” Jolt-kun started before I grabbed him and ran off.

“kthxbai!” I yelled, waving with my free hand.
----------
I looked around in the all grass in the area connecting the forest and Nibi City. I put my hand over my eyes scanning the area. “Jolt-kun, why aren’t you looking?” I asked looking at him, hands on hips.

“Because what’s the chance of us finding one anyway? He sent us on a wild goose chase, I just know it.” He replied sitting on the ground, arms crossed. I smiled at him sweetly.

“I’m sure we’ll find one. And if not, it’s good experience, right?” He sighed and stood up.

“Fine. I’ll look.”
--------
Sand

You could’ve just ignored her, you know, I thought to myself, looking though the tall, green, grass. We had found nothing but the typical fare and by now both Denkou and Fushigidane were used to it by now. Fushigidane looked sadly at me, hoping for a new challenge. Green, green, green. Why was it that everywhere outside of the cities was so green?

My thoughts were disrupted by a rustling in the grass. Probably just another Koratta. Fortunately, I was about to meet something new.

“Kolink?” the Pokémon asked, cocking its head. It had yellow eyes and its front end was covered in blue fur, while its back end was covered in black fur. It had yellow bands around its forepaws and yellow star-like markings in its large ears. It occasionally flicked its long black tail, atop which another yellow star was. I pulled out my Zukan and scanned it.

“Kolink,” it said, “The Flash Pokémon. It generates electricity by exercising its body’s muscles. Its body will glow in a pinch. Kolink is native to Shin’ou.” I quickly flipped through the little information I had and found out that Kolink were electric types and that this one was male. This Pokémon seems kinda cool. I need another one anyway.

“Let’s go, Fushigidane!” I called.

“Fushi!” he called and leaped in front of me, staring down the Kolink. The Kolink cocked his head again.

“Kolink?” He asked once more.

“Okay, Fushigidane, use Vine Whip!” I called and Fushigidane shot two green vines out and slapped the Kolink with the oval ends of them. When I looked at the Kolink again, it looked like some form of both angry and pumped. Did it use a move? But that thought was proven wrong as the Kolink Tackled Fushigidane. I guess not. “Fushigidane, use Leach Seed!” I called. Fushigidane shot at brown seed at the Kolink and it quickly grew around the Flash Pokémon. The Kolink glared at Fushigidane and Fushigidane backed down a little. The Kolink cried out as energy was sucked away from it. “Fushigidane, Tackle it!” Fushigidane did so and, true to the Zukan, it glowed with electricity. It once again screeched and fell down. It must’ve used a move… It was weak and I knew that one more hit would make it faint. “Vine Whip!” One hit later, the Kolink was out. The seed fell off.

I pulled out a Monster Ball. “Go, Monster Ball!” I called as I launched it at the Kolink. It sucked it in. It shook once, twice, three times and… it dinged. I happily picked it up and showed it to Fushigidane. “We caught a Kolink! Cool, yes?”

“Fushigi!” He agreed.

“Hey, Jolt-kun!” I looked up and saw Zomi-chan running to me, waving a Monster Ball. “I got the Nidoran !”

“Did you make sure it’s one?” I asked her. She nodded crazily. “Well don’t you care that I caught a Pokémon too? It’s called a Kolink and-“

“That’s cool! Now c’mon! We gotta bribe our passage!” I sighed and put away Kolink’s Monster Ball.
-----------
“We got the Nidoran you wanted!” Zomi-chan called handing the Monster Ball to the man.

“Well, let’s check to make sure you really did!” He threw the ball and a purple spiked Pokémon with long ears and buck teeth came out. He laughed. “Great! Another Nidoran for my collection! You can go.”

Thank Arceus, I thought to myself.
------------
Kolink is Shinx, in case you are wondering. And Mount Otsukimi is Mt. Moon. And the Gray Badge is the Boulder Badge.

Next chapter we meet another of my favorite characters.

Back
Top Bottom