• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New Laptop; Help Please :3

Evil Link

I think this should go here. I looked for a thread already discussing this kind of thing, but couldn't find one, so I thought a new thread would be okay.

Anyway, I'm looking for a new laptop that's around £500, or less if that's possible. It doesn't need gaming capabilities, just the ability to run big programs like Photoshop and 3DS Max, along with Internet and iTunes, and still be quick and smooth. My current laptop was great when I bought it, but now I do a lot more demanding things with it, such as Photoshop and whatever, and the 700MB of RAM and 1.2Ghz processor just don't cut it. So with a new laptop, I'd be grateful if it could run what I do now, and have space left if I want to do more with it in the future.

I found this; a HP Pavalion DV6-GN-004uk. You can se the specs if you click the Technical Details tab just down the page.

With a 5% discount code I have, that costs £550 which is the top of my budget. But is it good? I'm guessing that could run what I need it to, but computer specs aren't really my thing. I know more is usually better, but I don't know if there's something else that does this better, or if that one is even that good. So thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open to them, but it needs to be relatively low price - therefore, no Macbooks. If you do recommend something else, though, could I ask for some info on it as well, otherwise I'll only end making another post or thread asking about it. =P

Back
Top Bottom