• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Demented Chicken Network

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
a "zombie" will "eat your brain" if you click this link

Right, so. My website. It's actually been around, under various less-than-satisfactory guises, for a while now, but I suppose it's finally gotten to the point where I can tolerate it enough to actively advertise it. It's pretty small and exists primarily to show off my random fanstuff (read: fanart, because I can never ever finish anything else) and so I can play with whatever rudimentary layout ideas I might have. A gallery-esque experiment, I suppose you could call it. I do have at least one semi-interesting article there (at least, semi-interesting to a small group) and intend to write more, although currently I'm focusing on the Platinum blog linked to on the right. There are also a few free images, those zodiac things some of you may or may not remember and whatever the hell else I felt like throwing up there. Yeah.

Most of what's there is Pokémon-related. There are a few non-Pokémon fanthings (again, mostly art) as well, so there is the slight possibility that those of you who share some of my other interests might find something else mildly interesting there as well.

So, uh, feedback and whatnot would be much appreciated, if you have any left in you after tearing into the other sites here.

I'm seeing this site now for the very first time.

The right-hand navigation still bothers me; also, that smiley you're using in the news post isn't well cut-out and has an ugly white border around it on the Articuno style. I like that you've got the "recently update" links right out there and easy to see, though. It would be nice if you could put the fanfiction into the same layout as everything else.

Overall I like. I look forward to see what you end up adding to the fan-articles section in particular. And that fanfiction, too.

I appreciate hearing your input for the very first time.

I'll probably put another left-hand navigation style there eventually, but I find that I really prefer it on the right. Eh, we'll see.

Eh, the smiley is a default one that came with the news thing and I can't turn them off. I'll probably end up deleting them sooner or later.

The thing with the fanfic layouts is mostly an issue with keeping them organized, because my overactive imagination has been deluded into thinking that the site will soon be inundated with stories and I don't want to have to wade through one huge directory when I could have things like that in a separate folder. But I seem to be having issues getting the styles to work when the fics are in another folder. I'm sure I know how to fix it but haven't been in the mood to fight with it as of yet, so for now they are boring and white. :/

Thank you. :)

(That first line was a reference to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog which means that if you didn't get it you need to go and watch that right now. Go! Run!)

I believe that the stylesheet thing is just an issue with them being in the root directory and the fanfics in their own special folder. If you put the stylesheets in their own folder then use "foldername/257.css" or whatever for the href, it should work. Otherwise direct-linking always works.

Edit: You could at least change the title away from the default so I don't think I've just got a blank tab open when I've pulled one of them up.

I have seen it, but apparently I don't remember it well enough to catch that. :/ I'd remedy that this instant if it weren't 2:50.

Yeah, I know that and tried it but it didn't like the styleswitcher. I think I might have to make an extra adjustment to that, but I'm not sure exactly what went wrong so I'll have to keep playing with it. And then I'd have to go fix all the menu links so that they're absolute, which isn't hard but work is work. One of these days tomorrow or the next day or

They're the default? I could've sworn I gave them titles. I'll check/fix that in the morning, thanks.

Nice site! Could use a bit more content, but what you have is very good. Can't wait to see it grow and (hopefully) prosper.

"We're meeting now for the first time."

They're the default? I could've sworn I gave them titles. I'll check/fix that in the morning, thanks.
That was actually my bad (I think) because the title of one of them is "Untitled." Which is also what new tabs are called, albeit in parentheses.

Retsu: What? No comments about "but what happened to 'Arcane Chicken'? D:"

Anyway, thank you. I do have more content planned, although as I said in the first post it's currently taking a back seat to the failblog/playing through Platinum. Thanks for the support. :)

Negrek: Ah, yes. I remember now. Still going to rewatch it anyway. :P

Anyway, I got rid of the smilies and fixed the title--I think I got distracted in the middle of typing "Untitled Drabble" or whatever and didn't finish. All better and less confusing now, at any rate.

Back
Top Bottom