• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What is the most recent thing you're nostalgic about?

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
Music from Pokémon gen 6 makes be more nostalgic than music from gens 4 and 5.

What is the newest or most recent thing you're nostalgic about?

As far as gaming goes, I definitely fondly remember the early days of the 3DS, around 2012-13, when there were like five digital games and all those charming little free apps like Nintendo Letter Box (Swapnote for you North Americans) and Pokédex 3D. The bit of music that that era is particularly associated with for me is the world map theme from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. It's a GBA game, so maybe not quite as recent as you're imagining, but I'd never played it, or indeed any Fire Emblem game, before it came to the 3DS through the Ambassador Programme. I never got very far either (not for lack of trying) - maybe I should try again sometime.

Outside gaming, I suppose I miss the time - really not that long ago - when the worst imminent catastrophe anyone could imagine was global warming. Consider, if you will, that the Nintendo Badge Bunny has been around for longer than the word "Brexit".

I miss those days when Overwatch just came out and it was a fun casual game that I could play with a bunch of internet friends.

I feel very nostalgic about TF2 but Overwatch is a lot more recent (2016).

Back
Top Bottom