• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Dragon Cave: The Wings of Freedom

(hmm, Well, looking at the list there... wow, there are a number of dragons there that have some characteristics of my original Starlight character. Of the original dragon sprites, I'd say she's supposed to look maybe even more like the stone dragon than the gray one, but the description of the gray sounded closer in every other way, as her main power was supposed to be control over a possibly electrically-charged silvery mist. Also, in her original design, she's supposed to have an armor-plated back, with spines protruding from it. So for various reasons to me, the stone, armor, chrome/steel, mist, and even yin/yang all caught my eyes, but none of them really has the complete picture. Um, it's not possible to be a hybrid, is it? Hehe... eh, I think I'll just stick with gray, especially since I've already done a lot as a gray so far in this. And gray's still awesome :p. Now that my long OOC comment is done, here's my actual post.)

Starlight looked around at the other humans as they made finally preparations to leave. There seemed to be other dragon hatchlings around, begging in one way or another to be taken away just like her by the humans. Maybe she wouldn't be alone then. She wagged her long tail as she remained perched on Taylor's shoulder in anticipation of finally leaving.

Seeing that some of the humans were starting to get up, Sylph jumped up a bit higher onto the human's shoulder. Yes. I shall stick with you.

Shosia giggled and gently stroked the dragon's head with his finger while still holding his egg tight. "It looks like we're ready," he said.

((Mah eggy is Yin-Yang :D))

"Everyone ready?" Taylor said, but didn't bother waiting for an answer, and began walking towards the forest.

Shosia nodded and followed Taylor. "Are you excited to see the forest?" he asked the purple dragon on his shoulder. Oh great now I'm talking to dragons.

Taylor looked at the trees in front of them, they were bigger than his house. Come to think about it, he should get to know the other chosen better. He turned and walked backwards.
"I just thought we should get to know each other more. Well, my name is Taylor, as you probably knew already, and I live in a town outside of these woods. None of the people in my town have dared to go into this forest before because of the dragons, but I dared. Then I became lost and found this cave where I met you guys."

He petted the gray dragon on his shoulder. He was still walking backwards, but turned when he hit a tree. "Ow."

"Maybe it can tell you when it learns to talk?" Taylor rubbed his forehead where he had bumped into the tree. "I've heard some dragons can learn magic. Maybe this one can?"

Siluna's eyes fixed on the hand, inspecting it carefully. Her curiosity was too great to let her be frightened, though. She pushed her head up under the human's hand in a nuzzling manner, begging for some sort of attention.

"Possibly," said Shosia. He glanced at the dragon and scratched it under its chin. "But not certainly. Maybe later." He continued following Taylor.

Starlight squealed with delight when she was petted, but then looked a bit concerned when her human bumped into a tree. She had to move her tail out of the way to prevent it from being caught in between. The little gray hatchling looked up at her fellow purple one, wondering if the purple one liked her new human as much as she did.

Bek slowly stroked the gray hatchlings's head and asked the dragon softly "Do you want to come with me?" though it was rather obvious the dragon wouldn't understand her.

Last edited:
Siluna's eyes turned to the human's face as what sounded like a question was spoken. Her mind subconsciously began to wonder what it was the human had wanted to say to her... While she could not understand their strange language, it seemed she was being asked something. Whatever it was... she remembered seeing another dragon being stroked and fed... It had to be something good! She squeaked and rubbed her head under the human's head more forcefully, as if to answer whatever it was with an excited, "Yes!"

Bek leant down slowly, giving the invitation for the dragon to get on her arm and come with her.

((Do dragons start to talk when they've grown wings in this RP...?))

((Telepathicly, yes.))

Taylor entered the woods. It was dark, but cozy. Brown, yellow and red leaves were scattered on the ground beneath bare trees. Taylor had forgot it was autumn. He continued farther into the woods.

Chedee followed afterwards, having an itch to climb a tree but not obeying it because she would drop her egg.
"AUTUMN ROAD!" she cried excitedly. It was her favorite season that she was walking through.

Fimagi watched as the humans and dragons walked down the road together, and silently followed them. Perhaps they would drop scraps of their food so she could eat.

Back
Top Bottom