• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How did you come to T-Cod?

How did you come to T-Cod?

• Total voters
Found it in... 2001, 2002? I clicked a RIDICULOUS series of links, starting at Serebii (I think the chain of sites ended up at least 10 sites long, if not longer). I then lost the site (back in the vlij-whatever days)

Comes 2004, I follow a chain of links (same length) and come across it again! :D

My friend told me about Serebii because he liked the information and updates it gave about the video games, and more specifically, the new pokemon from D/P that at the time had yet to be named in English. I browsed the site a little bit, and soon grew bored. Somehow after that, I stumbled upon the forums for that site. I registered, that being my first forum, and quickly grew frustrated because I could literally not load anything from it during daylight hours. I was browsing through it one day and saw someones result from the personality test, and clicked on it bringing me to the test here.I went through this site, reading everything, then found the forums.

I found the 'oldest of old' version one day, I think.

I didn't look around.

Later, I was googling up Sprites and came across the Sprite gallery for TCoD. I thought they were pretty good and at the end, saw a link to go to the main site. I went and was like, "Wow, this is pretty awesome!" This was the tablet] layout with the scrolling update box. In my quest to see every link on that site, I clicked upon the Forums link to see the Invisionfree forums. I used a fake e-mail and registered 'Cryptic', but couldn't activate it. Much later, I used 'GoldYoshi' and frequented there.

Those were good times. Xantu.net (or whatever it was) was still up, Pokevista still existed, and a bunch of other sites still existed.

On serebii i clicked on one of the What type are you quiz results and after exploring most of the site I found the forums and signed up.

I found the site sometime in... ummm... Early this year probably, 'cause that's when I'd finally decided to give Diamond/Pearl a shot (I hadn't played a Pokemon game since G/S/C). I don't remember specifically how I got here, but fanfiction.net comes to mind somehow. I might be wrong, seeing as there was only one Pokemon fanfic there that held my interest, but maybe I could try to track it down and see if there's a link in the author's profile or something. As far as the forums specifically go, after I found the site, I just lurked the forums for a couple of months and finally decided it seemed nice enough here to join. There are maybe like two other forums I've used, ever, because either the users have generally been idiots. The people here, however, are actually intelligent, and even nice most of the time. So I figured I'd stick around, and I've been here ever since :)

EDIT:
I found it. Author page ---> Homepage ---> Anime-Style Battling. If you want to be really specific, click Cave Of Dragonflies Forums at the top. That's probably how I found this place. I haven't seen this person anywhere here though, before the forum wipe or not, although they could be using a different name. But I loved that fanfic. It's a shame it's pretty much dead :(

Last edited:
I clicked on a link that, of all things, led to the LGBT Club. I suppose the fact that there would be a topic that large filled with plenty of accepting members is what got me to lurk a bit more before joining.

Well, I was on Absol's Moonlight Cave, and I saw a link to TCoD
I looked throught the site, and was instantly hooked.
It's an awesome site!

I was on another forum and I saw that a bunch of people had these "you are a [insert pokemon here]" things in their sigs and I wanted to get one too, so I clicked the pic and it sent me on a fantastical journey to the CoD "Which Pokemon are You?" quiz. Later, I was on the forum again, when I realized that it's pokemon section was practically dead, so I remembered this place and started coming here for pokemon stuff, as well as things I had never heard of before such as RPing and Spriting. Now I go here more than I go to the other forum!

I found the site sometime in... ummm... Early this year probably, 'cause that's when I'd finally decided to give Diamond/Pearl a shot (I hadn't played a Pokemon game since G/S/C). I don't remember specifically how I got here, but fanfiction.net comes to mind somehow. I might be wrong, seeing as there was only one Pokemon fanfic there that held my interest, but maybe I could try to track it down and see if there's a link in the author's profile or something. As far as the forums specifically go, after I found the site, I just lurked the forums for a couple of months and finally decided it seemed nice enough here to join. There are maybe like two other forums I've used, ever, because either the users have generally been idiots. The people here, however, are actually intelligent, and even nice most of the time. So I figured I'd stick around, and I've been here ever since :)

EDIT:
I found it. Author page ---> Homepage ---> Anime-Style Battling. If you want to be really specific, click Cave Of Dragonflies Forums at the top. That's probably how I found this place. I haven't seen this person anywhere here though, before the forum wipe or not, although they could be using a different name. But I loved that fanfic. It's a shame it's pretty much dead :(
I believe this is the person who wrote the fic.

I think I was looking for a Sevii island walkthrough. Joined the forum sometime after :D
And I was a noob right up until just after the vBulletin forums went up D:

EDIT:

She's still working on it, you know. Slowly, but she is.

I found it on Google. I think I was searching for Pokemon forums, so obviously, this place would pop up as one of the first ones.

I went on the main website a lot really long time ago, no idea how I found it or when I first exactly I first went on the website. just to read stuff about Pokemon. (Well, duh.) And then I stopped, and then started going on the site, and that's when I noticed there was a forum and joined.

Back
Top Bottom