• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Mystery Dungeon: A New Beginning

Reaching the edge of the forest...?

Raisu hadn't been this far before. The cries of the other children of the tribe had finally died out, but now....

Now there were other Pokemon. Other Pokemon that she had never seen before.

"Oh... oh dear..." she murmured, rearing back into the bushes.

Kat tried not to look at the other Pokemon. She was so hungry.. and they were all children, like herself. It would be easy, so easy, to turn and attack one.. they wouldn't expect it..
No. We are all here for a reason. Kill and eat any of them, and you'll never get your parents back.

Torei glances back at the group, the faint sound of their bellies bring a soft smile on her face. She turns and picks up bags and start to hand them out to the others there. In each bag, there are tools that are needed for their travel. A rope, a few bottles of water, maps, and to most the most important part are the various berries and wrapped up meat tucked at the bottom of the sack.

"I'm not sure how many of you are mainly berry eaters or how many are mainly meat eaters. If you don't eat meat, find someone who does and trade it for their berries. If you are fine with what you have, then are all set. I hope you can bare with me as I adress why we are all here...but first, There is a matter I need to attend."

Torei turns toward the path and takes a breath before speeding down the path with surprising speed toward the Sheldon. She skids to a stop and grabs his sheild-like head and starts to drag him up the path toward the others.

"Get the lead out, Silver!"

"If you don't eat meat, find someone who does and trade it for their berries," Freezefire heard. She paused on the rooftop, thinking. Food..? She had barely had any for.. a while, and they had some.. The Munchlax was about to say why they were there. Against her instincts, Freezefire leapt down from the rooftop and padded towards the small group.

"Uh, I'm here, sorry I'm late," she muttered. Had it worked, would they suspect her of anything..? She took a sack, finding berries at the bottom. Uh. "Anyone have a pack with meat..?"

((Sorry I'm late, I was in Portland :) ))

Luna's ears twitched at the sound of small feet nearby. He was asleep on his back, snoring quietly. The sun stared at his face unrelentingly, and finally he awoke.

He still remembered the noise of tiny pawsteps. Jumping up, he ran forwards towards his imaginary amusement sound, and dashed nonstop for a while which he couldn't count. He snagged a paw on a Qualot berry as he passed the bush, and began slowly eating it. Not only his mouth, but his feet were slow too; the berry nearly blocked his little eyes' view. When he lowered the Qualot, there were a few Pokemon in his sight.

"Hi!"

Rain looked down at the young Riolu as she woke up, sitting so that her head was over his. She grinned, amused, as he ran back and forth in pursuit of a mischievous Qualot berry. Her mouth watered, but she would rather have meat; bird flesh, preferably. She sniffed the air for a moment but didn't smell any suitable prey. Carefully, she stood up, her tail bristling in case of an attack. Her amber eyes glinted for a moment, ears pricked up, and her nose was pointing in a straight direction. She had heard something...

Cautiously, she growled, even though her friend Luna had joyously greeted them. She couldn't be too careful. Irritated, she tapped the silver-masked Riolu aside, glaring straight ahead past a wall of bracken. All her fur was on end, her hackles raised. Her claws were ready to defend her friend. Compared to him, she was alpha female; if they had gotten into a fight, he had better obey.

"Who's there?" She asked, her voice stern and still rumbling dangerously. Raising her voice to a bark, she shouted, "Show yourself!" Her head swung around in the air as she bared her teeth, then quickly closed her mouth, standing up straight. Her fur was flat again; if one were to approach her, ever, this would be a good time. For a moment, she was calm and cautious, not wanting to seem too threatening. She admitted to herself that she had overreacted, but with her loyal and protective nature, she couldn't help it. Rain was docile, but her eyes were still intently locked on the bracken.

“Let go of my head! That hurts, cut it out!” Silver yelped, pulling a hoof from the mud and nearly crushing Torei when he pitched forward into her. “Sorry.”

He wiggled out of her grasp and toward the gathering of young Pokémon, squinting at each in turn. After he stared them down, he waddled to a grassy spot and sat down, sinking about a half-inch into the soft dirt. He grunted.

“Being heavy sucks.”

Torei waddles after him, sitting next to him and leans on him like a chair. She chuckles when he spoke about being heavy.

"Say that agian. Now that we're here, i can get on with what we are to do."

She clears her throat and adresses the pokemon before her, making sure that everyone could hear her by raising her voice.

"We are here to find our parents. Those that know me, we've spoken about this before. To those that have joined us, welcome to our quest. Together, we will find our parents and bring them home. Together, We'll be a rescue team. We'll think of our name later. The sooner we leave, the better. Along the way, we'll find more foodin case we run out."

She then gets up, slipping her own bag over her shoulder.

"Let's move out. Time's a wasting"

She turns toward the path and starts down it.

Cirrus glanced into her own bag and gulped down a bit of meat. It was raw, naturally, but not fresh and bloody, like her parents used to bring her.

She missed them terribly.

Atleast she wasn't the only one. All of these Pokemon gathered here, they had all lost their parents. They all missed them, supposedly, and wanted to find them. Well, she had heard that that was why they had grouped up, anyway.

She observed them all with a sigh. It seems none of them can fly... Well, the two Scyther can, but Scyther don't fly much... And besides, Scyther look scary. They aren't the same, either. They have to flap all quickly, and can't glide. Their wings are too tiny. I could use some more teaching...

Cirrus launched herself out of the tree above the Munchlax, taking it slow so that she wouldn't get ahead. Even if she flew slowly, flying was still a lot faster than walking.

((Aw, great, everyone's ignoring us again...))

Luna looked up at Rain.

"Aw, but... they look so fun to play with! I like group projects!" He battled with the air a little bit. "Especially when it's training... and running down a mountain... or even better: up! Whee-hoo!"

He swiped a tiny paw over the side of his silver mask, rolling about in the grass and getting up quickly on his feet after each tumble.

((Torei spoek loud enough for anyone to hear. Basically, just join up with them and follow along. All of you were suppose to do that anyways.))

((Heeey, you guys are back~))

Freezefire sighed. Well, berries were food, and even though she'd rather have meat, it was fine. At least it was food.. She could just run now, but something made her stop. These Pokemon.. were going to go find their parents..? A bunch of Basic stage Pokemon were going to find their parents. Right.

But the Munchlax said they would find more food along the way, and would be like a rescue team.. Meaning they would all get stronger. And all of the Pokemon might chase her if she ran, so..

And she might be able to evolve. Freezefire grinned, satisfied with herself. She'd stay.

Spatz was following the group from a distance, always ensuring he was within earshot. They seemed like a freindly bunch, and all seemed to be missing their respective parents. After a short but quite productive mental arguement, Spatz ran towards the Munchlax, who seemed to be the foster leader of the group.

"Uh, can I come with you guys?"

Luna turned his head to Rain. With a short shout of "THEY'RE NOT LISTENIIIIIING!" He ran towards the group and began bouncing in front of them with a steady backwards pace. "Hi! Can I join your group activity?"

Torei turns and walks backwards so she could face the two pokemon that were following her, asking if they could join in. She smiles and nods her head, pointing back at the tree.

"Certainly. Grab a bag by the tree and fall in. We're leaving as I speak. Now, hurry up everyone, our parents aren't going to wait forever for us to get the lead out."

Spatz nodded quickly and grabbed a small bag, placing it over his miniscule shoulder. Spatz fell in to the group quickly, and revled in how much better it felt when one was with others.

Silver waddled after Torei, his heavy body showing him down a bit, but he was used to it. It was his lot in life, after all. He took one of Torei’s bags in his mouth and tossed his head with expert precision so the back landed on his back, the strap around his neck.

“This will probably be a hard journey, so I suggest we pick buddies! So everyone pick a buddy, and if there’s no-one left you can come with me and Torei.” He said, nodding.

((Okay, okay, gotta find a way to get back in. ;_;))

Marx looked down on the shore below and noticed a small gathering of Pokemon. Huh, thought everyone'd be in their homes sniveling. May as well see what's going on... He made his way down to the shore. "So what's everyone doin' here? Plannin' to run away?"

((Fail.))

Spatz looked about to see who was all part of the group, and saw a lonely Swablu perched on the ground not far from him. Careful to avoid startling the small blue bird, he said,

"Would you like to pair with me?" The smile on his face was as sincere and cute, plus completely trustworthy, "Don't worry, I won't shock you, I'm still a Pichu and can barely control electrical powers."

Raisu stared. She could hear Torei speaking from here, and that was her quest as well... but they were strangers, and she was taught not to go near strange Pokemon.

Desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Um... excuse me..." she whispered, stepping out of the brush just enough for everyone to see, "Are you going to find your parents too...?"

Back
Top Bottom