• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Mystery Dungeon: A New Beginning

Freezefire resisted the urge to wince. Pairing up would mean she'd have to talk to one of the others, and they might guess she didn't care if she found her parents or not.. Or she was just being paranoid. How could any Pokemon guess that?

And then a Ralts stepped out of the underbrush. Dammit.

Torei turns and sees the Ralts. She chuckles a little and smiles.

Sure are a lot of pokemon here.

"Yes...we are looking for our parents. this is our mission as a rescue team! I hope you join us~"

Cirrus smiled warmly at the Pichu, secretly glad that someone had approached her before she approached them. She was always very awkward at introducing herself.

"Sure," she chriped. "And I'd understand if you did accidentally shock me. My name's Cirrus, by the way, in case you didn't hear that earlier."

"Fall in" was probably the only thing that Luna hadn't understood. With a joyous "okay!" he turned and snatched one of the sacks in a silver paw. A wide smile on his face, he jumped in and began hopping in the sack along with the group.

"Like this?"

Rain's Shadow was puzzled. Perhaps these Pokemon weren't bad after all. She carefully sniffed the air for another moment, and let out a small sigh, her fur ceasing its bristling. She nodded to Luna, agreeing, "I'm going wherever this rambunctious little Riolu goes." She affectionately nosed his head, right between his ears, and gazed at the other Pokemon for a moment. They definitely didn't look hostile. They were probably even friendly. What was she thinking? It was obvious they were welcoming! She mentally snarled at herself and grasped a sack in her long fangs, quizzically gazing at the others with her amber eyes.

"Reshkoo teemph?" She asked through the bag. It was hard to understand, but one could still get the picture. The Poochyena cocked her head, her ears tilted to the right. "Shounds intereshting." Placing the sack on the ground once more, she shook her head, closing her eyes. "I'm sorry. I was saying that the term 'rescue team' catches my interest. If you could explain a bit more, that would satisfy me." Her tail wagged to the right for a moment as she eagerly awaited the answer. Briefly, Rain glanced at Luna to make sure he wasn't causing any harm or discomfort to anyone.

Spatz smiled happily to hear that the Swablu was willing to partner up with him, and looked about the rest of the group to see what was going on. He felt that this was a good thing that they were going to see as to why their parents were missing.

(short post is short)

Seth looked at the little Ralts for a moment and thought maybe if the Ralts and I pair up, it'll benifit us both. "uh, Ralts, sorry if I'm being a little fast to start up, but, we are pairing up to explore. I was wondering if we could pair up. It would probably benifit us both, because I could help defend you, if you don't mind, and you could sense other hostile pokemon approching."

Last edited:
"HEY!!" Marx shouted at the others. "Ain't anyone gonna tell me what's goin' on?!"

((Short, but uh, apparently I needed to post again in order to get anyones attention. >>;))

"Sorry, but I don't know exactly what's going on either, but, I do know that these people are also looking for their parents, that's why I'm joining them. Right now we are getting in pairs as to not get lost alone. I want to join up with that Ralts over there, but she won't answer me..."

((Just to get back in..))
Kat almost immediately ate all the meat in her bag before trying to put it over her shoulder, which was hard to do without hands.
Pairing up with others. Ugh. While she certainly wasn't a loner, per se, Kat didn't know anyone here. The other Scyther apparently wasn't from her swarm, and in any case, he apparently was going to pair up with the Ralts. Great.

Raisu looked up at the Scyther shyly, and then down at his scythes. She backed away timidly, before hearing him and realizing he meant no harm.

"O-Okay... sure..." she whispered nervously, her eyes still on the scythes. What if he tried to kill her...? But it would just make him more angry if she said no, so...

Freezefire stepped away from the Ralts, trying to be a bit casual. Apparently Ralts could sense emotions and feelings, but this one looked rather jumpy.. Should she scare her? No, that would get her chased away. She looked around, walking in small circles unconsciously.
"Uhm. Anyone want to partner up?" That was so awkward. Freezefire glared at the ground, thinking to be more confident.

"Uhm. Anyone want to partner up?"
Kat looked up hopefully. A nervous-looking Sneasel was speaking, eyes on the ground. Someone else who seemed just as awkward as her. Perfect timing. She walked over, and asked a little timidly,
"I will.. if you want.."

A smallish Scyther had come up to her now, sounding just as twitchy as she probably did. Heh.
"Well, okay," Freezefire agreed. "A Sneasel and Scyther, odd mix," she commented dryly. "We're even, then." She was referring to their types, and slipped back into her normal sarcastic personality. "So what are you called? I'm Freezefire, wonder Sneasel." She paused, and winced. Was that a change of personality, so suddenly.. Oh no. "Uh, sorry." She looked down again, feeling stupid. Her parents would never make such an obvious mistake..

Kat laughed softly. This Freezefire was just as nervous as herself!
"S'okay.. calm down. I won't bite your head off!"
Unlike the rest of the swarm..
"Anyway, I'm Katana, but everyone just calls me Kat. Nice to meet you."

Freezefire nodded. "It's nice to meet you too, Kat." Maybe she could fit in, then, this Kat seemed like someone she could depend on, although their age difference might screw things up.

"I'm with this kid," Rain chuckled, petting Luna affectionally with a paw. She grinned, snickering a bit. "Where are we going that requires us to pair up?" She asked, tilting her head. The Poochyena stepped forward, looking into Torei's eyes. Her paws kneaded the ground slightly, and her tail swept by Luna, over and over, as she slowly released her irritation through it. Her fluffy gray tail swung like a pendulum, slowly to a stop. "I'm just curious," she said after a while.

((ARGH WHAT IN THE LOVE OF GOD HAVE I BEEN DOING))

"What's with all the ruckus?" a Skitty asked, he was walking down the street, holding his head high, making his golden collar very visible, and was careful not to step in any place to muddy. "Can't you keep calm? I heard you all the way from my house, and it annoys me profusely"

((Faaaaaaaaaail))

Seth looked suprized by the Ralts' timid nature, then, he looked down at his scyths. He blushed. "*calm and sincere* I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to scare you into joining me, I was just needing someone to help sense hostile approching pokemon, not trying to threten you. I really am sorry..."

"It's fine..." Raisu whispered, "I've... never seen something like you before, so I got scared..." Clearly her timid nature would eventually hamper their progress. She would have to work on it, she figured. She looked up past her sparkly blue cap to get a better look at the Scyther, and observed that he did not appear to mean any harm after all.

Back
Top Bottom