• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think a better reference is right here. :3 Of course, in my general persona not missing an arm, especially since I'm a preferred southpaw. And unseen is the her other eye is purple. Though tinted my fur purple isn't a bad idea at all~
As for FMC.. uh... Try this? I'm unsure though, that's old, and I hope FMC doesn't kill me for linking it~

ohgod old ref is old. D; I'll make a new one tonight hopefully. Both Human me and Furry me too I guess. I have a FF sona too but she's just a Pink Tonberry xD;

Even more updated list of relatively active people and their references, in no particular order:
- Arylett (Have another one)
- Crazy Linoone
- Dannichu
- Kratos is just Kratos Aurion
- Zora
- Spoon (is just a spoon. I think you probably can draw a spoon without a ref, no?)
- Vlad (It's just a link to his DA but there's lots of good refs so watch and learn.)
- Spaekle (but with a spaeklerobe)
- Salamander is a salamander.
- uv
- Kinova
- Kai
- L'il Dwagie is just a Riolu. A purple Riolu. With a green left eye and a purple right eye. Kinda like this, but with both arms.
- FMC (Super old ref sheet!)
- Ice the Frosty Cat (The better one. Click this instead.)
- Blazhy

:O Sorry about leaving out the Frosty part, Ice. I picked the older picture because it shows what your pants and shoes look like, and this newer one doesn't.

The list is growing~

Brownie points to Linoone for the list~ Very useful. I ended up without much OS related ArtMo stuff due to being too lazy to go looking for refs, so this should help. :B I drew Linoone (admittedly easily mistaken for any Linoone, since I forgot the beret), and UV, though! ... links coming soon. XD Erk.

What do you guys think of starting up that art trade idea thing? You get paired with a random person and you draw each others characters? Or there was the drawing in other people's styles thing. And the comic! I think I'm overexcited.

Whoo, the comic! I almost forgot about it. Although there's still quite a lot of things to work out, mainly how long each person gets to work on a page before the person is forced to pass it on and such. And, of course, decide who's going to work on the front page...

As for the art-trade, would you guys like this to be a secret-santa-like thing in which you don't know who's drawing for you? For sign-ups, each person can just post what they want their secret artist to draw, so that shouldn't be a problem. However, one person will need to volunteer to not join to keep track of who gets whom as a partner. That person can join, too, but he/she/it will know who his/hers/its own partner is though.

Or we can just make it a public art trade where everyone knows who they're drawing for. Or we can make it so that the art trade is paired instead of random, so if member A and member B are a pair, they exchange art between themselves.

So, have a handy dandy list of questions for you all to answer:

1. How long should each person get to work on their page of the comic?
2. How do we determine the person drawing the first page?

3. For the art trade, do you want this to be a secret-santa-type or a normal one?
`- If normal, would you like it so that art exchange is in pairs or random?
4. I would volunteer to be the organizing person for the secret-santa art-trade, meaning that I would also draw, but I would know who's drawing for me. I don't really mind, but if someone who's not going to join wants to organize this, it'd be great. Some basic jobs the organizing person has include sticking the list into a randomizer to pair everyone up randomly and PMing people about who they're drawing for.
5. Am I making any sense at all?

Please pardon my horrible grammar there...

And I can't wait to see your picture, Kinova!

Ah, I have no idea what the comic is (too lazy to go back allll the way and read every post). If someone could fill me in, though, I think I'd be more than willing to participate.

As for the art trade thing, I'd actually prefer it to be Secret Santa-like. :0 I guess I like that mystery element in trade things. And surprises! Who doesn't like surprises! unless you think you're going to get four Swablu or something

For the Secret OSser, Perhaps it would workif one person gave each participating OSser a number, and then another one used a RNG to get the pairings, and then post them onto the thread.

I don't know if I'd do the comic/children's story or not, but I'm more that happy to do the Secret OSser.

Kai has a great idea for the Secret OSser.

...And to make is so that at least one of my posts here is something other than, "Yeah, I like that idea", I'll post a WIP of an icon I'm making. C & C appreciated, yadda yadda nothing much else to say.

@Blazhy: The comic idea is that we do a story book together, with each OSer drawing a page and passing it on after he/she/it is done. There's no "must-follow" plot, and each person can draw whatever he/she/it wants, but the details are not fully decided upon yet, so we still need some discussion.

Also, crits! I really love the colors here; they're nice and soft, and the shading is pretty. The outline is nice and clean, and the anatomy's good. There is one problem though... Where exactly is the light coming from? It looks like it's from the top left corner for the left arm and most of the body, the top right corner for the right arm, and the bottom for the hair. Unless, of course, the little swirly line things on its hands are supposed to be flames or glowing things, which then this picture makes perfect sense and I will shut up now.

@Kai: The problem still exists though. The person in charge of labeling each OSer with a number will know which number stands for whom when the randomizer posts the pairs/numbers. I'm thinking that we just get a list and get a person to plug it into the handy list randomizer , then the person can PM each participating OSer about who they're secretly drawing for and whatnot.

Hmm... Well, yes, I think I'll take a shot at the comic thing. Though I'll probably be very, very slow. OTL

Yes, the swirly thingies on Gardevoir's hands are will-o-the-wisps. I'm planning on altering the shading when I'm done. But thanks for the critique :3

Hi OSers~^-^
I'm Cecilla, but you can call me Ceci because it's quicker to type x3
I draw an awful lot, and I draw even more when I'm supposed to be studying (like at the moment~ :3
A Mismagius Witch(though she looks kinda like Marisa from the Touhou games @_@;;
Cecilla Meltdown~ based on the vocaloid song "Meltdown" and the first of two drawings I'm doing based on the song^^ Also based on an RP I'm currently in :3

I'm in the process of uploading things to my dA, so I won't link that yet @_@;; But in the meantime, here's my art thread!
I would be grateful for critiquing and comments^^*

\^o^/ RandomTyphoon has volunteered to be the randomizer person! Thank you, Random! (hurr bad puns). And of course you can still work on the comic! It's not related to the Secret OSer event so no worries. There's still a few details to work out though (see post above), so it might not start for a while. Anyway, let's get the official sign-ups for Secret OSer started! Please copypasta this list and add your name and the thing you want your secret artist to draw. Add numbers to the list as necessary. Now go go go~

Official Sign-Ups for Secret OSer:
1. Crazy Linoone [Draw a epicgrouppic Linoone and at least one other OSer of choice.]

Random, you can just copypasta the finished list into the randomizer and pair people up from there.

Hello, Ceci~ I love your color choices; it's all pastel-ey and soft and pretty.

And I will now leave before my parents start to notice that I've been on the computer for almost an hour.

Also, Kai, the thing you wanted just needs coloring now. Hurr hurr hurr

Okay then, count me in too. I'll probably end up drawing a Flipnote, but that's okay, right?

What I want? hmm, I suppose it'd have to be myself lying down on a hill, back up against a tree. Prefferably in the autumn, but any other season is fine, too. Is that too specific?

Also, thanks for choosing to be the randomiser, Typh. It means that the whole thing can go ahead. By the way, I was thinking about an art contest where people are put into or choose teams of three to create a fantastic collaberation piece. So for example, one person could do lineart/sketch, another could do colour, and the other could do background. It could be done digitally or traditionally; traditional artists could print out and go over their teammate's work and with digital, it's just a case of editing the picture. What do other people thiink about this?

I'm in too.

Whoever I get paired up with, draw me and yourself doing something ridiculous together. As for what that ridiculousness is, surprise me.

And for the contest, it seems like a good idea! Although I'm not really the collaberatey team worky type, so I probably wouldn't really take part. Don't really like the thought of somebody working on my art myself, really.

Reporting for the Secret OSer event! *salute* Current list:

1. Crazy Linoone [Draw a epicgrouppic Linoone and at least one other OSer of choice.]
2. Kai [I suppose it'd have to be myself lying down on a hill, back up against a tree. Prefferably in the autumn, but any other season is fine, too.]
3. Arylett Dawnsborough [Whoever I get paired up with, draw me and yourself doing something ridiculous together. As for what that ridiculousness is, surprise me.]
4. Kinova [Could you try a couple of my characters? Either the two to the far right in this picture, or any other two from it, up to you. c:]

And the comic question responses:

1. How long should each person get to work on their page of the comic?
Maybe two weeks? It seems quite a lot, but time does go by deceptively quickly. Maybe ten days if that's too long?
2. How do we determine the person drawing the first page?
Either volunteer or random choice, I guess. Volunteers as we go along might work easier with people's timetables etc. since they know their amount of free time better than a randomiser.
3/4/5 (got sorted already \o/)

Ceci, I really like the sort of sketchy lineart you have, it gives the impression of blending traditional and digial art. It's a cool effect. Blazheirio, the only thing that looks a little off to me in your WIP is the right hand/lower arm - they sort of look like it's twisted at a slightly awkward angle, like it's swivelled too far clockwise. It's really pretty though, and I love your shading. O_O Seriously. Particularly on the dress and hair, it's so soft and yes.

Oh, and I found the ArtMo OS pictures! Few as they are. Linoone (I went ice skating that day and got to wondering if it would be easier on all fours, hurr) and UV. Floating and... such. |3;

(I don't think I've posted my dA link yet, have I? o_O Oops.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom