• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

[Ribbon] Gible (F)

Signature Move: Tempest

Description: Having been born with her trainer, she was not confined to a cave like most Gible are. As such, she was exposed to such things as wind, rivers... and storms. Storms always fascinated Ribbon greatly, the lightning crackling in the air, the high speed winds, the pouring rain. She wanted to learn how to make them herself, so that she could dance among the storm that she always loved so much. So, she went outside during said storms quite often, practising long and hard to summon such weather. And she soon accomplished this feat. Due to her low stage, she can only bring about such weather, called Tempest. This weather is quite fierce, empowering Dragon types greatly, at a great cost.

Type: Dragon / Stat: Other / Base Damage: 0% / Accuracy: N/A / Target: N/A / Energy: 5% / Duration: Weather Effect

Effects: Causes the Tempest Weather Condition. When Tempest is the current weather, it causes all Dragon Types to do 2% more damage when attacking. As a side effect, all resistances and immunities attributed to the Dragon Type are wiped until the weather subsides. Weaknesses still apply (So, for example, Gible would now be weak to Grass type attacks, and would still be 4x weak to ice type attacks)
Usage Gap: 5 rounds after weather fades, can only be used twice per battle

Corrections made. Wiinternet sucks

No, not approved! I forgot the ability!

[The Beast] Aerodactyl (Male)
Ability: Pressure

Ahaha. Well done. Apparently Kratos needs to wake up before doing this, too.

Now the Aerodactyl is approved, yes.

Ribbon's Signature Move is still waiting for an official approval. Also:

Pichu (F)

Signature Move: Thunderball

Description: Always a playful little chu, Pichu and her trainer have been practicing little tricks. Pichu does them because they are fun, and the trainer lets her because they wear her out quickly. One day, when somersaulting, Pichu's cheeks went off and surrounded Pichu with electricity. The rolling started to fuel itself as the ball known as Pichu begun to pick up trace particles of metal. These particles caused an electromagnetic effect that caused Pichu to roll faster and faster and faster. Soon, Pichu rolled into a tree, but just before crashing, the metal particles went to where the orb was going to make contact, causing the ball of lightning to rebound off like a rubber ball. And thus, the Thunderball technique was born, which causes Pichu to roll and bounce around at high speeds, rebounding off of opponents and shocking them

Type: Electric / Stat: Physical / Base Damage: 5% per Hit. Can hit up to 5 times. Exception is Steel Types, whom will recieve 5% constantly for five actions / Accuracy: 80% for the first hit, then it drops by 10% for each subsequent hit. Exception is Steel Types, which cause all hits to have 100% accuracy / Target: Random (always goes for Steel Types first), Single / Energy: 20% / Duration: 5 Actions

Effects: Pichu will rebound off of all surfaces unless they are metal, in which case, she will stick to them upon contact due to the electromagnetism. For each action spent using this attack, Pichu loses more and more control, causing the attack to become more random and liable to hurt allies and even Pichu herself
Usage Gap: 10 Rounds from the end of all effects

Signature Attribute: Inner Strength

Description: Pichu had a rough life while in the wild, since she was a runt. Always being used as a target and subject to the survival of the fittest rule, she found even her father attacked her, since he'd rather have a tough child than a weakling runt. Over time, she grew strong from all this, storing her strength until she lashed out, letting out a powerful burst of energy. She had tapped into her inner well of strength. Over time, she refined this attribute, allowing her to access it sooner than usual. Crackling with electricity, she becomes supercharged for a short period of time, taking damage from her own energy reserve.

Effects: Pichu, upon going under 33% health, starts doing an extra 2% electric-type damage for every attack made, whether electric type or not. Also, all of her physical attacks have a 5% chance of paralysis if they have no secondary effect already. As a cost, however, all attacks cost an extra 1% energy to perform, along with Pichu recieving 1% damage, whether attacked or not, after each action performed. This damage is not affected by Protect or Detect. Also, while this attribute is activated, Pichu cannot chill. Entering a body of water causes the damage done to Pichu at the end of each action to go up to 2% instead of 1%. Also, while in a body of water, all Pokemon within five feet that are also in the water will recieve 1% electric-type damage at the end of each action.

Sorry if the description is a little mary-sue. I had this kind of set out years ago D:

[Hokutosei] Teddiursa (M)
Ability: Pickup

[Terre] Budew (F)
Ability: Poison Point

[Dōtaku] Bronzor (X)
Ability: Levitate

[Kirigirisu] Kricketot (M)
Ability: Shed Skin

[Xori] Natu (F)
Ability: Synchronize

And that comes to $40.

Account approval.
Bank post.

If the forums lag me out while trying to post this one more time I swear I'm going to smash something.

[Titan] Aron [Male]
Rock Head

[Napol] Abra [Male]
Inner Focus

[Kamula] Zigzagoon [Female]
Gluttony

My Monies! NOOOOS!
I fear you've done unspeakable things to that poor bank link.

[Ribbon] Gible (F)

Description: Having been born with her trainer, she was not confined to a cave like most Gible are. As such, she was exposed to such things as wind, rivers... and storms. Storms always fascinated Ribbon greatly, the lightning crackling in the air, the high speed winds, the pouring rain. She wanted to learn how to make them herself, so that she could dance among the storm that she always loved so much. So, she went outside during said storms quite often, practising long and hard to summon such weather. And she soon accomplished this feat. Due to her low stage, she can only bring about such weather, called Tempest. This weather is quite fierce, empowering Dragon types greatly, at a great cost.

Type: Dragon / Stat: Other / Base Damage: 0% / Accuracy: N/A / Target: N/A / Energy: 5% / Duration: Weather Effect

Effects: Causes the Tempest Weather Condition. When Tempest is the current weather, it causes all Dragon Types to do 2% more damage when attacking. As a side effect, all resistances and immunities attributed to the Dragon Type are wiped until the weather subsides. Weaknesses still apply (So, for example, Gible would now be weak to Grass type attacks, and would still be 4x weak to ice type attacks)

Corrections made. Wiinternet sucks
I really meant to mention this the last time you posted it, so if I didn't, I'm sorry. The description of this is a bit misplaced: you don't mention how the storm is summoned, what makes it different from a normal tempest (usually, storms don't have that big an effect of dragon-types, of course), and in general how the weather causes the effects that it does.

Ribbon's Signature Move is still waiting for an official approval. Also:

Pichu (F)

Description: Always a playful little chu, Pichu and her trainer have been practicing little tricks. Pichu does them because they are fun, and the trainer lets her because they wear her out quickly. One day, when somersaulting, Pichu's cheeks went off and surrounded Pichu with electricity. The rolling started to fuel itself as the ball known as Pichu begun to pick up trace particles of metal. These particles caused an electromagnetic effect that caused Pichu to roll faster and faster and faster. Soon, Pichu rolled into a tree, but just before crashing, the metal particles went to where the orb was going to make contact, causing the ball of lightning to rebound off like a rubber ball. And thus, the Thunderball technique was born, which causes Pichu to roll and bounce around at high speeds, rebounding off of opponents and shocking them

Type: Electric / Stat: Physical / Base Damage: 5% per Hit. Can hit up to 5 times. Exception is Steel Types, whom will recieve 5% constantly for five actions / Accuracy: 80% for the first hit, then it drops by 10% for each subsequent hit. Exception is Steel Types, which cause all hits to have 100% accuracy / Target: Random (always goes for Steel Types first), Single / Energy: 20% / Duration: 5 Actions

Effects: Pichu will rebound off of all surfaces unless they are metal, in which case, she will stick to them upon contact due to the electromagnetism. For each action spent using this attack, Pichu loses more and more control, causing the attack to become more random and liable to hurt allies and even Pichu herself

Description: Pichu had a rough life while in the wild, since she was a runt. Always being used as a target and subject to the survival of the fittest rule, she found even her father attacked her, since he'd rather have a tough child than a weakling runt. Over time, she grew strong from all this, storing her strength until she lashed out, letting out a powerful burst of energy. She had tapped into her inner well of strength. Over time, she refined this attribute, allowing her to access it sooner than usual. Crackling with electricity, she becomes supercharged for a short period of time, taking damage from her own energy reserve.

Effects: Pichu, upon going under 33% health, starts doing an extra 2% electric-type damage for every attack made, whether electric type or not. Also, all of her physical attacks have a 5% chance of paralysis if they have no secondary effect already. As a cost, however, all attacks cost an extra 1% energy to perform, along with Pichu recieving 1% damage, whether attacked or not, after each action performed. This damage is not affected by Protect or Detect. Also, while this attribute is activated, Pichu cannot chill. Entering a body of water causes the damage done to Pichu at the end of each action to go up to 2% instead of 1%. Also, while in a body of water, all Pokemon within five feet that are also in the water will recieve 1% electric-type damage at the end of each action.

Sorry if the description is a little mary-sue. I had this kind of set out years ago D:
The signature move is too powerful for a pichu. Lower the damage to 3% per strike. Also, 'm not really enamored of it for the fact that you could achieve very similar effects by combining volt tackle or most any electrical attack with rollout.

The effects for the sig attribute aren't bad, but the bio is a little lacking. It's a bit cliché, first of all, but mostly I'm wondering why she has to drop to critical health for the effects to come into play. Should only be one or two sentences' explanation.

[Taira] Cyndaquil [Male]
Ability: Blaze

[Nova] Riolu [Male]
Ability: Inner Focus

[Raikage] Electrike [Male]
Ability: Static

Total: $45

Account approved here.
Bank post here.
Team approved.

Ekibyōgami;79001 said:
[Hokutosei] Teddiursa (M)
Ability: Pickup

[Terre] Budew (F)
Ability: Poison Point

[Dōtaku] Bronzor (X)
Ability: Levitate

[Kirigirisu] Kricketot (M)
Ability: Shed Skin

[Xori] Natu (F)
Ability: Synchronize

And that comes to $40.

Account approval.
Bank post.
Team approved.

[Ribbon] Gible (F)

Description: Having been born with her trainer, she was not confined to a cave like most Gible are. As such, she was exposed to such things as wind, rivers... and storms. Storms always fascinated Ribbon greatly, the lightning crackling in the air, the high speed winds, the pouring rain. She wanted to learn how to make them herself, so that she could dance among the storm that she always loved so much. So, she went outside during said storms quite often, practising long and hard to summon such weather. And she soon accomplished this feat. Due to her low stage, she can only bring about such weather, called Tempest. She does this by calling upon arcane energies to try to influence the weather. She charges these energies inside of her body, then lets them loose into the sky. The crackling dragon energy in the sky disrupts air currents and attracts particles of water, dust, ice, etc. These serve to summon a grand storm. The remainder of this energy infuses the clouds above, causing the rain that pours with this tempest to be useless for water types, but a great asset for dragon types. This energy, however, also harms dragon types in unique ways.

Better?

Pichu (F)

Type: Electric / Stat: Physical / Base Damage: 3% per Hit. Can hit up to 5 times. Exception is Steel Types, whom will receive 3% constantly for five actions / Accuracy: 80% for the first hit, then it drops by 10% for each subsequent hit. Exception is Steel Types, which cause all hits to have 100% accuracy / Target: Random (always goes for Steel Types first), Single / Energy: 20% / Duration: 5 Actions

BTW, the Pikachu family cannot learn rollout. Also, I am sure an electrically charged rollout would lack the electromagnetism this attack has. Besides, this attack is just a precursor to Pichu's attack for when she evolves

Effects: Pichu, upon going under 33% health, starts doing an extra 2% electric-type damage for every attack made, whether electric type or not. Also, all of her physical attacks have a 5% chance of paralysis if they have no secondary effect already. As a cost, however, all attacks cost an extra 1% energy to perform, along with Pichu receiving 1% damage, whether attacked or not, after each action performed. This damage is not affected by Protect or Detect. Also, while this attribute is activated, Pichu cannot chill. Entering a body of water causes the damage done to Pichu at the end of each action to go up to 2% instead of 1%. Also, while in a body of water, all Pokemon within five feet that are also in the water will receive 1% electric-type damage at the end of each action.

I thought I covered that pretty well in it. It is like Overgrowth, where it is an
inner well of energy that can only be accessed during times of need. So can you tell me exactly what I am lacking to explain that in it? Also, can you tell me how to make it a little less cliche without, well, scrapping the bio entirely?

Thanks to moony, I have Arccy's sig move again! So I'll get it re-approved.

[L'Arc-En-Ciel] Togekiss (M)
Dragon/Flying
-Baton Pass, Last Resort
+Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Twister, Dragonbreath
Ability: Serene Grace
Sig Move: Arc of Joyous Colours

Togekiss are known to congregate where there is joy and happiness, and L’Arc~En~Ciel likes to spread the joy and happiness he has seen with the world! So he gathers up all the happy thoughts he can and lets them burst forth in a concentrated energy form, resembling a beam of light in rainbow colours. The blast is so bright in colour that it’ll light up any nearby darkness, and has a chance to confuse the foe with its bright light and colour.

The move will fail if L’Arc~En~Ciel is feeling depressed or angry, and the confusion effect won’t happen if the foe has no eyes or is blinded by sand, ect.

Normal Type / Special / 95% Accuracy / 10% Damage / 20% Chance to confuse foe / Duration: One Action / Usage Gap: Three Rounds

My bank account approved.. If you don't believe me then check the thread.

[Mist] Magikarp (Female)
Ability: Swift Swim
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

[Flight] Ledyba (Male)
Ability: Early Bird
Move Mod: none
Body Mod: none

[Soelia] Ralts (Female)
Ability: Trace

[Whirlpool] Buizel (Male)

[Toko] Machop (Male)
Ability: Guts

Okie?

My bank account approved.. If you don't believe me then check the thread.

[Mist] Magikarp (Female)

[Flight] Ledyba (Male)

[Soelia] Ralts (Female)

[Toko] Machop (Male)

Okie?

No reason not to believe you, but it's not your approval we need: it's your money. Total up the costs for those Pokémon, make the appropriate transaction in the bank and then make a new approval post with the right bank link in it.

Now for my team. I must think hard...

[Bang] Bronzor (Genderless)
Ability: Heatproof
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Cicada] Scyther (Female)
Ability: Swarm
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Kyu] East Shellos (Male)
Ability: Storm Drain
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

It looks like the total is $40.
Bank transaction

My bank account approved.

[Mist] Magikarp (Female)

[Flight] Ledyba (Male)

[Soelia] Ralts (Female)

[Toko] Machop (Male)

Looks like the total is $40. Transaction made.

My bank account approved.

[Mist] Magikarp (Female)

[Flight] Ledyba (Male)

[Soelia] Ralts (Female)

[Toko] Machop (Male)

Looks like the total is $40. Transaction made.

Again, the link to your account's approval is entirely unneccessary, but whatever. Approved.

Requesting approval on pokemon bought with store credit through the teleporter.

[Sammy] Glameow (Male)
Ability: Limber

[Gina] Gligar (Female)
Ability: Hyper Cutter

[Tinker] Clefairy (Female)
Ability: Magic Guard

[Velocity] Ponyta (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire

Approved.

Now for my team. I must think hard...

[Bang] Bronzor (Genderless)
Ability: Heatproof
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Cicada] Scyther (Female)
Ability: Swarm
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Kyu] East Shellos (Male)
Ability: Storm Drain
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

It looks like the total is $40.
Bank transaction

Approved.

FMC

Energy cost? Target? Also, the effects should include the accuracy drop.

Last edited:

crap I completely forgot the new things. >_o I'll fix that.

[L'Arc-En-Ciel] Togekiss (M)
Dragon/Flying
-Baton Pass, Last Resort
+Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Twister, Dragonbreath
Ability: Serene Grace
Sig Move: Arc of Joyous Colours

Togekiss are known to congregate where there is joy and happiness, and L’Arc~En~Ciel likes to spread the joy and happiness he has seen with the world! So he gathers up all the happy thoughts he can and lets them burst forth in a concentrated energy form, resembling a beam of light in rainbow colours. The blast is so bright in colour that it’ll light up any nearby darkness, and has a chance to confuse the foe with its bright light and colour.

The move will fail if L’Arc~En~Ciel is feeling depressed or angry, and the confusion effect won’t happen if the foe has no eyes or is blinded by sand, ect.

Normal Type / Special / 95% Accuracy / 10% Damage / Energy: 7% / 20% Chance to confuse foe / Target: Single / Duration: One Action / Usage Gap: Three Rounds

._. and there isn't an accuracy drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom