• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 6]

Those four are the only "main" members; the other two Mafia-aligned (as opposed to third-party or "self-aligned", so to speak) roles cannot communicate with the other Mafia members and, IIRC, don't know who the main Mafia are (and vice versa).

According to the signup thread, the four main Mafia flip Mafia and should have notes in the flavor; the other two Mafia and the Serial Killer flip Mafia (but inspect Innocent) and won't have notes, and the Alien will only flip/inspect Mafia if activated.

This means, by the end of the game, we ought to expect four Mafia deaths with notes and at least three Mafia deaths without notes (more if the Alien was activated and if the Framer successfully did his job).

...You pretty much summerized what I just said.
Except you made it longer D:

"This is a... well... no. Never mind. You've gone too far. Your luck runs out starting now.

-The Vanguard High Command"

The note is probably not Alice or Decus. It could be Hawk, though. I nominated Phantom because she sorta followed the pattern of Brute-notes, and also note that although she didn't post that much, she was never killed for total inactivity. I think she was most likely Brute.

Phantom - lynched on day 5 and mafia!
Derpy Hooves - died on night 1.
Grate Aural Sects
Applebloom
SilverJade - I think this is Twilight Sparkle? Lynched on day 2 and innocent.
Mai
OrngSumb
Karkat Vantas - probably Lloyd the vigilante.
Arylett Dawnsborough
Cirrus
Jack_the_PumpkinKing - probably Collette, the jack-of-all-trades.
Flower Doll - roleclaimed as Genis the inspector. Probably still level 2.
Stormecho - died on night 2.
I liek Squirtles - roleclaimed as Emil the alien and then immediately lynched on day 1.
InvaderSyl - roleclaimed as Regal the tracker, "with no idea".
Applejack - roleclaimed as Corrine the mirror, but is suspected.
Legendaryseeker99 - roleclaimed as Dirk the inventor.
Kirby-Chan - roleclaimed as Yuan the streetear.
Seritinajii - a now-useless Marta the alien deactivator who still goes around trying to deactivate people. How tragic.
Wargle - killed on night 4.
Dannichu - lynched on day 4, innocent.
Squirrel
Negrek - killed on night 0. Innocent.
Chief Zackrai - mafia, killed on night 1. Possibly Decus?
tehSR - killed on night 3 by Karkat? Innocent.

1. Brute Lualdi – Hitman: Phantom?
2. Alice – Poisoner: Zackrai?
3. Decus – Roleblocker: ?
4. Hawk – Framer: ?

5. Richter Abend – Terrorist: ?
6. Aqua – Rolestopper: ?

7. Lloyd Irving – Vigilante: Karkat
8. Colette Brunel – Jack-of-all-Trades: Jack
9. Genis Sage – Inspector: Flower Doll
10. Raine Sage – Doctor: one of the dead
11. Sheena Fujibayashi – Doctor: ?
12. Zelos Wilder – Doublevoter: ?
13. Presea Combatir – Commuter: ?
14. Regal Bryant – Tracker: Syl
15. Kratos Aurion – Bodyguard: ?
16. Yuan – Streetear: Kirby-chan
17. Botta – Voyeur: ?
18. Dirk Irving – Inventor: Legendaryseeker99
19. Noishe – Friendly Neighbor: Derpy
20. Corrine – Mirror: Applejack??
21. Tenebrae – Distractor: ?
22. Marta Lualdi – Alien Deactivator: Seri
23. The Wonder Chef – Pitcher: ?

24. Mithos Yggdrasill – Serial Killer: ?
25. Emil Castagnier – Alien: Squirtles

What does a pitcher do?!

The Wonder Chef throws random items at people. His role is a pretty big question mark, and nobody's seemed interested in roleclaiming as him.

Anyway, Flower Doll, do you have any inspection results?

I...forgot to inspect last night D:

I inspected you previously and pulled up Not Mafia, though I'm still on Level Two and thus unreliable

So a level two inspector can't actually inspect...?

No, they can, but their inspections could be either sane, insane, naive or paranoid. Mine are either sane, insane or naive, and the only way I can figure that out is if I get to level 3

It's not just posting, its contributary posting, so just trying to post for the sake of posting probably won't work.

Flora, it must be asked-- why weren't you posting much to begin with? This game from the onset assumed that it would be played by people who intended to contribute. So I don't know why you wouldn't be posting more to begin with.

Can you inspect dead players? In that case, you could inspect Zackrai or Phantom or someone to determine your sanity.

To be honest, I doubt you're naive; what fun would it be to discover upon evolution that all your inspections have been pointless? So I'm pretty damn certain you're sane.

Flora, it must be asked-- why weren't you posting much to begin with? This game from the onset assumed that it would be played by people who intended to contribute. So I don't know why you wouldn't be posting more to begin with.

I did intend to contribute; I failed to see that the play I was in would take up so much time that I could barely get on here. ^^;

To be honest, I doubt you're naive; what fun would it be to discover upon evolution that all your inspections have been pointless? So I'm pretty damn certain you're sane.

The reasoning used in the description stated that I was basically experimenting; and plus, going from doing nothing to HEY LOOK I CAN TELL WHO'S MAFIA NAO is a pretty damn large power level jump.

That wouldn't be such a huge power jump if you actually posted often.

...how many posts do you need to level up?

...how many posts do you need to level up?

8 contributory posts total.

Also because I didn't answer this earlier, Kratos didn't say whether or not I can investigate dead players, but I'm assuming I cannot because that would pretty much be wasting a night action.

Inspecting yourself is the usual way to determine your sanity, but we've determined that you aren't insane. So inspecting a mafia member would really help.

Final vote count (herp derp sorry I forgot to end it earlier):

4 Applejack

Applejack, apparently preoccupied and off vacationing somewhere in her mind, does not respond when the party expresses their doubts about her claimed identity. What kind of mirror doesn't reflect an attempted vicious stabbing back at the stabber? An evil serial-killer-terroristy kind of mirror, that's what kind. Obviously. Whatever benevolent forces must have come to her aid during the night do not step forward now, and Karkat has no trouble running her clean through. A few torn scraps of familiar-looking paper fall out of her pocket as she hits the ground.

They're about to turn in for a night of hopefully-slightly-safer sleep when a man, panting heavily after what appears to have been a lengthy run, dashes up to them. "I... I'm from... castle... this morning... Princess... Prin... Hilda... found... bodies in her... young lady and a man... Or... Orngs and... Invader... Syl? or some... His Majesty found this... when she stopped... stopped screaming." Cirrus barely has time to take the piece of paper from the man's hand before he slumps to the ground, exhausted.

Everyone crowds in for a closer look at the note, not at all concerned with giving the gasping man a little extra room to breathe. The handwriting is unfamiliar, and the paper does not match the stock used to write the Vanguard's letters; the tone is unlike anything they've read before, too. There is but one sentence written on it:

"Silence doesn't become you, my dears."

The note is not signed; still, it sends uncontrollable shivers up the spines of everyone present. Now that they think about it, Orng and Syl had been unusually quiet lately... had they really been missing all day? What happened to those two?

Applejack is dead. She was mafia.

InvaderSyl was modkilled. She was not mafia.

OrngSumb was modkilled. He was not mafia.

Day will begin in forty-eight hours or when all night actions are in.

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 7]

"I'm disappointed in you, Meltokio. Oh, so disappointed. You're breaking my poor little heart over here. But it'll all be over soon, you'll see. You're all going to die, one by one, all alone, just like... you're breaking my heart, but oh, I'm going to enjoy this.

-The Vanguard High Command </3"

Oh bodies, bodies, wherefore art thou, bodies? That is the question, and it is one that the group is once again unable to answer after spending the better part of the morning turning the city upside down. There's nothing anywhere but the usual note and the lingering sensation of confusion about Syl and Orng's mysterious disappearances the day before; everyone else seems to be present and accounted for, however, and so they take some small comfort in the fact that they still have more (probable) innocents to come to some sort of decision with.

No one was killed.

Forty-eight hours for discussion.

Oh bodies, bodies, wherefore art thou, bodies?

Incorrect usage of the word wherefore; it means why and not where.

Anyway, I didn't kill anyone tonight, and I have no idea about the serial killer. Since Yggdrasill shows up innocent it's entirely possible that Tailsy was the SK... which also explains why there wasn't an explosion.

I thought lack of explosion was because Applejack didn't come and post in time? As in, that was the entire goal. Of course, either could be possible, but Applejack should've been active enough as a serial killer to kill more, surely.

Flower Doll, please tell us that you remembered your night action this time?
Successful heals seem more likely than Mafia inactivity.

And I thought that the letter's "You're all going to die... all alone, just like..." indicated grieving over Tailsy's death. Then again...
Tailsy's lynching said:
What kind of mirror doesn't reflect an attempted vicious stabbing back at the stabber? An evil serial-killer-terroristy kind of mirror, that's what kind.
What does that mean?

Back
Top Bottom