• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Tales of TCoD

Arylett quickly removed her pajamas, getting dressed back into her typical outfit. At the moment, her head felt rather dull, very little thought passing through it. It ached and it was a bit difficult to keep her eyes open. But she was used to sleep deprivation, for her, this was just another day.

Another long and drudging day...

When finally dressed, she quickly skipped off to the Main Hall, her head pulsating slightly as she ran.

The girl ran into the Main Hall, spotting Zora and Chimani. She stopped directly in front of them, panting heavily, as if she had just run a mile. Arylett never was that much in shape, really.

"Where... are... we... going...?"

Midnight stood waiting in a huge cavern that was called "insanity". As people arrived into the cavern he said "Welcome to insanity~ Step one on the route to the cupboards. TP would you care to explain the insanity caverns?"

((Its a labrinith, But you can do whatever you want with it))

Typhoon materialized in front of Mignight, with a trail of objects trailing behind her.
"Oof! Well." Looking behind her, she saw a few of the thought-up items: A cherry, a can, mistletoe, half-melted plastic.
"I've found the side effect!" she muttered.

Animorph stared into the cavern, blinking.

"The madness of the mind...the crevices of the brain twist and turn like the corridors of the labyrith. Should something get it...whether or not it gets out is debatable. Angels, demons, ideas, hopes, dreams..." He sighed, writing it down with a lopsided grin. "...I think that was a pretty good line. Anybody dissagree?"

Typhoon glanced at Animorph. "That was..quite good. It really shows the complexity on the brain and the dangers of anything happening that even we cannot control."
Peeking into the cavern, she muttered, "Although whether or not that applies to this.."

Pressing the link, Zora grabbed Chimani and her bags....

...Then fell flat on her face in front of the Insanity Cavern, while Chimani landed gracefully by her side and the bags landed on top of her.

"...Sorry I'm late..."

Typhoon didn't haer a word. She was sitting very clodse to the cavern's enterance, singing some lyrycs to a song she now remebered.

Apperently, the Insanity forum had that effect on her.

"I love this island but this island's killing me, sitting here in silence, man I don't get no peace.." she softly muttered, loud enough to be heard. The song trembled as it bounced off of the walls of the cave. Sitting down, Typh had a lost look on her face.

ES walked with the group, they were in the Insanity section.

ES instantly gave a very strange laugh and strangely ENJOYED it. Goldenfur demanded a name change to Goldenmoon which ES accepted even if she was opposed to when not in the Insanity section.

'Should we start in the Cafe of Doom?' ES asked.

"Of course," replied TP, just catching Midnight's words as he materialised in.

"The insanity caverns are a deep network of caves which function pretty much as a labyrinth. Much of the layout of the deeper caverns is unknown, although apparently people have been down there in the distant past. At the heart of the maze is a very long shaft which leads up to the moderator post. Given the nature of the caverns, it isn't used very frequently, but reaching that should let us see the other moderator posts in this section.

"Be careful within the caverns. They can have strange effects on people, and it varies. Some people can go manic, others succumb to rage. A few even lose their minds entirely. You all seem strong enough to withstand the effects as long as you maintain focus.

"Before you leave, make sure you have a source of light such as a torch. The only light within the cavern come from the entrances and the shaft up to the moderator posts, so it gets dark as you get deeper. If you don't have anything like that, get one from the Café of Doom, on my right. The Café has entrances from different areas of the caverns, they all look identical, and the entire place is circular, including the counter. If you enter, make sure you know which door you used so you can get out the same way.

"Well, I think that's it. Any questions?"

'No questions' ES said.

'None' meowed Goldenmoon to ES who translated to the others.

ES searched through her small bag and found her torch which had a nearly worn out battery.

'I suppose I should go to the Cafe of Doom to pick up 10 or so spare batteries for my torch because you can never have enough backup' ES said as Goldenmoon nodded.

Goldenmoon on her shoulder ES set off into the darkness, her nearly lightless torch giving only a little light, Goldenmoon was fine. She was a cat.

Finally they reached a door, ES opened it and stepped in the room. It was the 'You laugh you lose' thread by the looks of it, many people were laughing and some were making others laugh, but it wasn't the time to laugh ES decided. It was probably the most populated room in the whole of Insanity.

She moved towards another door and found that it was locked but the name plate said 'War in Cafe of Doom'.

Es turned to the next door.

Midnight snapped his fingers and a will o' the wisp appeared in the tunnel. "Once ES comes back we will go..."

((btw I am planning a form change a bit later... My alter-ego Angelo~ Basicly the same as midnight except his light powers are turning dark. And don't ask the logic behind the light/dark thing. So is this ok with everyone?))

(I'm here. Sorry about not posting... been a tough day.)

She looked as the others appeared to click on the link and shrugged, figuring that was what she needed to do to.

So Arylett pressed the link.

"WHOA!"

The moment she took her hand off of where the link used to be, she had reappeared next to Zora at the entrance of the Insanity Cavern. It startled her a bit... she rarely visited Insanity and also hadn't clicked on a link in a while... the sensation was odd. Suddenly just... pressing a link and appearing somewhere else in an instant. She had gotten a bit unused to it.

"What... what are we doing here?" She asked Zora.

"You tell me, hotshot..." Zora groaned, shoving her bags off and standing again, "I never use this place, though the rest might. I thought we were going to the art forums, but no matter. We can train here too." she turned toward the cave and groaned, while Chimani went up to the edge then quickly backed away.

"I can feel the idioc-I mean, insanity, emanating from it." she reported, Wouldn't advise going in amongst that chaos, you know how claustrophobic you get."

"Yeah, I know. I really don't have much interest in going in there anyway. I'd rather head off to the Entertainment complex, or hang around the Miscellaneous district."

"Oh! Waffle time, waffle time, won't you have some waffles of mine?" Typhoon sang loudly, following the beacon of light Hugh immited.
"Uh..m'lady."
"Ohaider. We're going t'follow ES, right?" she bubbily responded.
"..Yes. Come along."
((Ohgosh, I apparently get insaner here.))

"Yeah... I never go in there either. For once... I agree with the fox. I don't think we should go in there. Where will we train...?" She yawned, rubbing her eyes, looking rather dully into the cavern. Arylett was not in the mood for childish antics.

"Midnight said we'd go, and I'm assuming that means split off, when Eee Ess got out of there." Zora replied, "I intend on camping out in Miscellaneous, so we go there. Any qualms with that?"

"None here."

((Zora, Lett, and me are heading through misc. And RT ES and yoshi are going through debate hall. We will meet up in coughing cupboard and go to the laughing cupboard through there. Btw we must spend SOME time in each area. No speeding through~))

((Ah.))
"And miiles away! And..hey wait. I don't feel like singing. Huh."Typhoon noted. They were moving away from Insanity.

"Thank god too." Hugh muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing. Hey wait. Do you..hear voices? And the ES person?"

"Debating Hall." Typhoon answere. She never posted here, but she did like to see a good debate.

Evoli yawned, looking bored. Not much was really going on quite yet. They didn't need to do much at the moment, except wait.
She went down the hallway to make some tea. Coming back, she sat down on the couch near the window. It was the same outside as usual, at least to her; a huge hallway like a schools', covered in streamers and confetti. She liked it here, but it was getting boring. Evoli briefly considered leaving to go "check up" on the groups searching for her, but decided to stay where she was for now. She sighed and started reading again. Outside, the lights dimmed slightly. Eric curled up in a ball next to her, fast asleep. For now, all was well.

Back
Top Bottom