• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Gay (Marriage) Thread

Thank you! Oh, that's pretty cool (well, issues with marriage as a concept aside, it's nice to see the Tory party acknowledging gay couples on the same level as straight ones); the word (especially the context in which it is used) "homsexualist" is hilarious, though; regarding gay and straight couples being seen as equal as anything-"ist" is pretty funny, and the article describing PinkNews as a "homosexualist news service" is almost hysterical XD

I think they're going to interview either David Cameron or one of his trolls in Attitude (gay mag) sometime soon, since they did Gordie last month. I could scan it in if anyone wants.

Also who's surprised. Jesus.

I think they're going to interview either David Cameron or one of his trolls in Attitude (gay mag) sometime soon, since they did Gordie last month. I could scan it in if anyone wants.
Go fer it. :D

I heard about that a while ago. Pretty shitty stuff. :(

also ffs

“That’s horrible, absolutely horrible,” he said. “Some of the nicest people I have ever met are gay people.”
When will people realise that this is a shitty cliched line. Even used innocently, it sounds pretty slimy; coming from someone as openly anti-gay as Don Schmierer, it's just fucking tasteless.

Hopefully the civilized world will legalize gay marriage universally within the next couple of decades. I have no hope for the red/orange/brown countries here, though.

(In regards to that map above, wouldn't being gay in South Africa be really difficult? Like, if you want to go north at all, it suddenly becomes a crime.)

This further proves that I live in a crappy country.

Also, yay for Slovenia!

Arrrghhhh

I BEAR GOOD AND BAD NEWS
Good news: marriage passed parliament in Portugal! The President just has to ratify it now (even though he's centre-right)! And it'd come into effect one month before the Pope comes to visit YEAAAH
Bad news: adoption got refused :c well dang. We'll come round, don't worry.

We'll place sixth in the European Gay Marriage Countdown. At last, not in the final three! :v

why don't people focus on employment issues, environment, etc over gay issues

i know homophobia is stupid and all and i agree but it's such a non-issue to me

Uganda’s minister of ethics and integrity (who previously tried to ban miniskirts) recently said, “Homosexuals can forget about human rights.”

Urgh, that's just horrendous. >_>

It's hardly a 'non-issue' when an article's just been posted about a country posing the death penalty for homosexuality. :/

Surely the fact that we want equal rights is enough for it to be an issue? Homophobia affects an awful lot of people on a daily basis -- it might be a non-issue for you, but I'm pretty sure we can all tell why that might be.

Plus, it's human nature to be more interested and involved in something that directly affects you.

I think Altmer's implying that those who spend so much time fighting something as trivial as gay marriage should put their money and energy into fighting for something else.

In this thread in particular because it's th'gay thread
in the rest of the world I guess people like to blow up ultimately insignificant stuff to monstrous porportions?

I think Altmer's implying that those who spend so much time fighting something as trivial as gay marriage should put their money and energy into fighting for something else.

But for some people, being able to marry isn't all that trivial. It shouldn't just be abandoned because energy could be spent elsewhere.

Ok, here are some things! Not exactly gay related, but still LGBT.

AWESOME NEWS: Amanda Simpson was appointed as head of the Department of Commerce. She is the second transgender political appointee in any administration. I don't know much about her, but that a transgender can be judged on the worth of their talents rather than what set of genitals they were born in is great.

SUCKISH NEWS: David Letterman, American talk show host, made a very insensitive and unfunny joke about Amanda Simpson. Thanks, not. 40% of Huffington Post readers seem to think that it was funny. Asshole move.

OK NEWS: Reports out of Kampala Wednesday indicated that the death penalty may be dropped from the final version of the Uganda bill. There's still all the other crap (and apparently, if Ugandans have sex with someone of the same sex outside of Uganda, they are to be extradited to Uganda. this is a punishment reserved for terrorists). I wish the US were cool and that Obama would be all like "We'll protect the gay Ugandans!", but that's too much to ask, apparently. :(

i beleve that if someone loves someone else, they should be allowed to mary that person.
also, i have NEVER met a mean gay person.

Back
Top Bottom