• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Villainous Team Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

Re: Villainous Team Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

ebMBG76.png

(no, we haven't been talking about the game at all, this is the first time and it doesn't even really count

...While you scamps have been shitposting, I've been getting answers from the GM himself! That Giovanni guy had the right idea; turns out, my broadcasts don't include me as one a' the targeters. So there's a big chance that's why nothing showed up this morning. Probably shoulda asked about this a lot earlier, since the wording in my PM was kinda confusing, but... that's life! Bwahaha!!

I also wanna mention that claims that don't seem too helpful to the town like VM's and Flora's could be some kinda lynch bait? In case they're aliens, or something like that, who'll win if they're lynched. 'Course, this is just on top of everything else those claims could be, including the truth. And they're probably not BOTH aliens... Just throwing this out there.

I gotta go now - things to do, oceans to expand - but hopefully a little later today I'll make a post about which players I'm most suspicious of and why. Not that I have much to say that hasn't already been said, but... someone's gotta walk the plank eventually, heh heh!

don't expect me to keep this up I'm terrible at Archie's voice

Alas, I don't know if I can roleplay N. It's been ages since I played B/W.

But for what it's worth, I do The Thing, except this time around it's a night action that makes my chosen gladiators face off for the entire next day phase.

Couldn't VM's role make sense for the town if we've got, say, self-aligned killing roles? Was it worded specifically as only affecting town-aligned players, or just non-mafia? On the other hand, VM's role as stated would probably make the most sense if he was self-aligned.

But for what it's worth, I do The Thing, except this time around it's a night action that makes my chosen gladiators face off for the entire next day phase.

Do you do the version of The Thing where you can pick any two people, or the version where it has to be you vs. somebody else?

i can't actually remember if I've ever seen the latter version or if I somehow made it up in my head at some point in the past, but for some reason I feel like I remember it having happened

Aw, man, I don't like The Thing. And for the entire day, really? That doesn't sound like fun. :(

VM could make some sense with self-aligned killing roles, but somehow I doubt there are any, or at least more than one. They've been awfully quiet if they are around, for one thing. Maybe they've got some kind of restriction or limit (although I doubt it would be the same as Flora's, since any sort of suicide kill would remove the player's entire faction from the game just because they did what they were supposed to do), or maybe we have an extremely lucky doctor who has managed to stop at least one kill each night. But eh... in a twelve-player game, I dunno that it's very likely we have any serial killers or what have you.

Maybe an arsonist or similar instead of an SK? That would probably be a better explanation for the lack of kills than the quiet/unlucky SK, but it's still entirely speculative and I still think twelve is a little small for any such role. Possible, but unlikely.

Guys, we only have a few hours left until the day ends, and although I think we all agree we need to lynch, nobody's really started a bandwagon yet.

The RNG says Butterfree. Sorry, Butterfree.

Much though I'd love to not have to deal with a discussion-stifling role like The Thing, why resort RNG when there is someone many of us seem to be suspicious of/confused by? I'm still not 100% convinced that VM's power actually exists, tbh. Furthermore, though it's kind of unfortunate to say "sorry innocent player but you're useless", even if it does exist, how much use are we really going to get out of it? So far no one's been able to think of a really good innocent use for this "switch"—stopping a roleblocker is the best I can see based on what we've been given, and there's probably only one of those if any—and while it's possible that other dangerous mafia roles we don't know about could be affected, we can only guess at whether they exist in the first place. Also remember that if we're assuming that most/all of VM's cited examples exist, then the combination of those roles and the current set of claims doesn't leave much room for too many still-unknown super-dangerous powers, now, does it? And if there are unknown powerful mafia roles that could be affected, couldn't there also be unknown powerful innocent roles that are?

So yeah, basically, I'm like 70% sure this is some kind of lie or trick, and if I'm wrong, it's a power I'm willing to lose. Vipera Magnifica it is.

and then tonight some ridiculous mafia power happens that he could have stopped and I deeply regret my decision

Sure, I guess. I wasn't really sure whether we were suspicious enough of VM to bandwagon him instead of using an RNG. But I'll go along with it.

VM, then.

Looker's daily report

Lately, the prisoners have been talking about being "in-character"... I wouldn't know what passes through their criminal brains, but I have been thinking about it. Perhaps I, too, need to be more "in-character" -- I am undercover, after all. Even if none of these people are very bright, I must not allow anyone to blow my cover! Now, then, there are enough of them in this mess hall, so... Hmmm, how should I make the voice... Alright, it is time for Looker to assault the role with gusto!

Er-hem! Scum of the society! I am only a mere crime committer, just like all of you! See, the uniform says all of it, does it not? Just like all of you, when my mama was saying to me that "stealing is wrong", I was simply not list- Ooof! What sort of manners is this? I am merely speaking, you have no reason to cast a tray- Ooof! Ooof!

... Hm? Is it over? But oh, dear, I seem to have caused quite a commotion with my stirring speech! ... Or perhaps those inmates are merely assaulting Cyrus. I... shall look into that later. Oh, dear goodness, that is one illegal move of wrestling for sure.

Vipera Magnifica, the Cyrus, is dead. He was innocent.

72 hours for night actions.

Whoops, sorry for the delay.

Tenth notch on Lysandre's cell wall.

There has been so much ruckus lately! All throughout yesterday, the air was bathed in ugly sounds. Firstly, some sort of boisterous kind of display became popular among the inmates; I desperately tried not to pay it any heed, but I sounded as if the objective was to deliver impactful lines or some other kind of nonsense. Later, there was a brawl in the refectory; possibly, the aforementioned nonsense ultimately escalated into something even more rowdy. Why, about that time, I was hoping to eat an early dinner, but it simply wasn't safe out there. And the guards did nothing about it! In fact, the one I confronted claimed they were instructed not to. What is this world coming to? Arrrgh, I really should have destroyed all of these people when I had the chance.

And then! In the dead of the night! Two people were targeting JackPK aloud yet again! It concerns me not if this individual is some kind of popular in the facility or whatnot, there is not a thing in the world that could justify that level of noise when there are other prisoners -- id est, myself -- hoping to maintain their beauty sleep, at least from time to time. Or every single time.

I am uncertain as to how much of this foolishness I can withstand. If this sort of spectacle is to continue much longer, you can be certain of the fact that I will lobby to be transferred into a different cell, and I will do it with absolutely firm poise.

No one has died.

72 hours for discussion.

Well, I got this thing last night from a grunt, saying it was Zero Moment's powers:

Constantly active (does not require an activating action). Each time you're targeted by a night action that you haven't been targeted by at least once: that action's target becomes a different, randomly chosen player, and, at the end of the night, you will be informed of the description of the power that you were initially targeted by.

I'll make a more substantial post a little later, but for now I can say that I liek Squirtles added me to the quicktopic group along with Altissimo and Kratos Aurion, so his claim checks out.

btw i'm not posting tonight bc i have a raging headache and am going to bed soon but i was looking at the signups thread and i saw this

Kratos Aurion said:
or someone else who joins. i don't care. i just want some sick music to rock out to while murdering people/executing murderers okay

i forgot about it and i've not been living up to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NAKIWd38Pc here

I swapped myself and Flora last night. I presume that Zapi targeted Flora. Since Zapi's broadcasts don't count as one of the targeting actions, that means somebody else targeted Flora last night.

At least, that's if we assume that disruptive actions got switched back on when VM died... if Zapi actually targeted me last night, I suppose we can assume disruptive actions are still switched off and will stay that way for the rest of the game (unless there's somehow another switch). In that case, we have at least one unaccounted-for action targeting me last night (possibly two, if mine doesn't count while switched off).

---

Assuming that note about Zero Moment's powers is accurate (I honestly think there's at least a tiny chance that we should be suspicious that somebody, possibly scum, has the power to falsify system messages like that), then that would imply that EITHER the scum tried to kill ZM on N0 but was redirected to Superbird, OR that the scum tried to kill ZM on N1 but was redirected to somebody who was healed.

---

Out of nine people remaining and nobody flipping scum, it's likely we have either 3 scum/6 innocents or (alarmingly!) 4 scum/5 innocents. If the latter is true, we have to lynch a scum member today or else we lose. Even if the former is true, an incorrect lynch today and an innocent death overnight would put us in a lynch-correctly-or-lose situation tomorrow.

---

Here's an update to the chart I made last game day:

Roles claimed in signup thread:
Superbird — Courtney of Team Magma

VM — Cyrus of Team Galactic

Flora — Lovrina of Cipher

ILS — Gengar of Team Meanies or Ice of Team Dim Sun, Kratos says MF settled on Gengar

Butterfree — N of Team Plasma

Nira — Ghetsis of Team Plasma

Negrek — Giovanni of Team Rocket

Zapi — Archie of Team Aqua, claims he's clearly the ORAS incarnation

Kratos Aurion — Wes, formerly of Team Snagem

JackPK — Team Rocket's Meowth or Petrel of Team Rocket, claims MF settled on Petrel

Zero Moment — Gonzap of Team Snagem

Altissimo — a bunch of possibilities, claims MF settled on all four of the Go-Rock Quads​

Claims and other evidence from game thread:
Superbird — died N0, flipped innocent

VM — can switch on/off either killing/voting actions and/or disruptive actions, but only affects innocents. Didn't do anything N0 or N1. Turned off disruptive actions N2. Was lynched D3.

Flora — vigilante, but dies if she hits scum. Abstained from vig'ing N0-N2.

ILS — recruits people into a separate thread to communicate. Recruited Altissimo N0, Kratos N1, nobody N2, Negrek N3. Group is disbanded if ILS dies. Says he got a report N3 claiming that Zero Moment's power was to redirect night actions targeted at ZM and tell ZM what those actions were.

Butterfree — does a variation of The Thing that's used as a night action and affects the whole subsequent day phase. Didn't target JackPK or Nira (presumably on both N0 and N1). Says she got a report N1 claiming that Superbird's power was to inform a living player of a dead player's powers.

Nira — not a kill power. Targeted JackPK N1 but got results regarding themself.

Negrek — not a broadcasting power. Didn't target JackPK N1.

Zapi — can broadcast the number of people who target a user of their choice. Broadcasts don't count as one of the targets. Didn't do anything N0. Targeted Nira N1 and was redirected to JackPK. Tried to use power on Negrek N2, but presumably was switched off or roleblocked.

Kratos Aurion — says their role fits Wes well, but not in a way they expected. Didn't target JackPK N0. Didn't target JackPK or Nira N1.

JackPK — can swap two targets during the night. Didn't do anything N0; swapped self and Nira N1; swapped ILS and Flora N2 (but likely didn't go through b/c switch); swapped self and Flora N3.

Zero Moment — didn't target JackPK or Nira N0. died N2, flipped innocent.

Altissimo — didn't target JackPK or Nira N0 or N1.​

Events of each phase:
N0 — Superbird (Courtney) died, flipped innocent

D1 — no lynch

N1 — no death, public note that two people targeted JackPK

D2 — no lynch

N2 — Zero Moment (Gonzap) died, flipped innocent

D2 — VM was lynched, flipped innocent

N3 — no death, public note that two people targeted JackPK​

---

Couple of questions I have now:

ZAPI, did you target me or Flora last night? (We ought to be able to use this to determine whether disruptive powers are still turned off.)

FLORA, I assume you abstained from using your power again? If not, we seem to have a healer, roleblocker, bulletproof, etc. in the game.

NIRA, NEGREK, KRATOS and ALTISSIMO are the only ones who haven't claimed their exact role yet. I don't want to put too much pressure on them to out themselves yet, since they may be things like inspectors or doctors that are still more valuable under the radar. But since today is potentially a lynch-correctly-or-lose situation (and if not, tomorrow is even more likely to be), I humbly submit that perhaps some information now is more important than the prospect of getting more information later.

img-thing

Night certainly fell quickly yesterday, didn't it? I must have lost track of time somehow. It's unfortunate that that... man... with the rather unfortunate facial hair... perished for nothing, but at least more bungling prevented us from losing anyone in the night. I'm sure we'll do better today; we are the world's most accomplished supervillains, after all--aside from that one green-haired kid, I'm not entirely sure what he's doing here.

I asked one of my grunts to prepare a report on the current situation. Since we're all in this together, I thought I'd share:

Negrek said:
We still haven't had anyone claim a power that explains the failed kills either N1 or last night, and it wasn't me, so that makes it Kratos or Altissimo, or someone else who lied about their role.

Based on the fact that the first message that Butterfree received actually listed the dead-role-reporting power as having been Superbird's, originally, it seems likely that one person was actually a chameleon who picked that up after he died and has been sending the subsequent messages. It's also possible that this is a Mafia person with the ability to message innocents who's been using it for some very elaborate trolling, in which case I salute them, that's some serious dedication.

So that's two roles outstanding: one that can block nightkills somehow, and one that allows a person to message other players, potentially with info about dead players. I'm neither of them, so either that's Kratos + Altissimo right there, or one/both belong to someone lying about their role. I could see if someone's e.g. a doctor that they'd want to keep it on the down low, but a messaging power seems innocuous enough that I would be more surprised if it belonged to somebody who'd already claimed, unless it's in addition to something they've already mentioned. (No one's claimed two powers up to this point, however, so perhaps only Mafia have them this game.)

As of now I think ILS, JackPK, and Zapi's powers work as they say they do. Doesn't really mean much in terms of them being innocent/Mafia, though, although none of them strike me as particularly Mafia-esque.

I see no way of confirming Flora's roleclaim. Butterfree's is easy to confirm, but we'd lose an entire day of discussion in order to do so and would kind of want to have a Mafia suspect to make one of the targets so we wouldn't lock ourselves into lynching someone innocent.

So... as far as planning innocent actions during the night, I'm not sure that we can do too much, aside from whoever's been killblocking (they should keep that up) and JackPK's continued distruption. I don't really see that we have the tools to actually confirm roles and maybe figure out alignments that way, so it's just going to be trying to pick apart day posts, I guess.

At this point I suppose I'm most suspicious of Butterfree, Altissimo, Nira, and Flora, I guess. In addition to being somewhat unknown quantities, with or without claiming, Flora's power in particular is a little funky and difficult to confirm, which could make it a reasonable Mafia claim (although vig can be a very risky claim, because you can be something of a lynch target).

Also:

JackPK said:
Zapi — can broadcast the number of people who target a user of their choice. Broadcasts don't count as one of the targets. Didn't do anything N0. Targeted Nira N1 and was redirected to JackPK. Tried to use power on Negrek N2, but presumably was switched off or roleblocked.
Like I said earlier, I think it most likely that nobody else targeted me that night. I can't see how broadcasting would count as "disruptive," so that leaves only roleblocking. Which could be a thing, based on the failed kills, but I think Occam's razor is I just didn't get targeted.

At this point, the most interesting question to me is who Zapi targeted last night and what that extra targeting action was.

Finally, can I get a collective da fuq over the fact that VM was most likely telling the truth about his batshit switch power? Because seriously, da fuq???

She gets a bit carried away at times, but I can't say I disagree with her analysis.

Altissimo said:
Kratos Aurion said:
or someone else who joins. i don't care. i just want some sick music to rock out to while murdering people/executing murderers okay
i forgot about it and i've not been living up to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NAKIWd38Pc here
Hmm. It's a decent attempt, but if you're looking for something that really rocks, you should be looking to Team Rocket.

I did indeed target Flora last night. I'm gonna have too busy of a day to make a more substantial post until later, but I just wanted to get that out of the way

Just spitballing some stuff I thought of while reading your analysis, Negrek... what if the absent nightkills and Zapi's power being turned off despite being tough to label as "disruptive" are both the result of a roleblocker? Think about it. N1 and now N3 we had a broadcast and no kill, and N2 we had a kill and no broadcast.

IF this is the case (and, admittedly, it's a dubious one), our roleblocker should probably come forward, because if they targeted the same person N1 and N3 we can be pretty sure that person is scum, or if they targeted different people it's more likely that (A) at least one of the two is scum and the other unaccounted-for absent nightkill was the result of inactive!scum, rather than (B) both absent nightkills being inactive!scum. (Wow, that was a run-on sentence. Hope it's clear enough to read.)

I did indeed target Flora last night. I'm gonna have too busy of a day to make a more substantial post until later, but I just wanted to get that out of the way
Okay, awesome, that means disruptive powers are switched back on.

That means one more person targeted Flora and got bounced to me. Anybody wanna claim that?

Just posting to say that I don't have much time now but I will be participating later today.

Back
Top Bottom