• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, really? Didn't realize that; whoops. Perhaps we could let it slide, though; I'd imagine that Keyblades themselves don't work the way they would in the book anyway. (or maybe we could start after the awakenings)

I'd be fine with some people having two; after all, Roxas used two in 358/2 Days, not to mention drvie forms.

Excatly, but can you PM me the full plot? I want to see on how it goes, if that is to much.

Nonono, correction:
He only got Oblivion and Oathkeeper at the end of the game after he absorbed Xion.

So if it worked even similarly, I don't know how having two would work without Drive Forms.

Nonono, correction:
He only got Oblivion and Oathkeeper at the end of the game after he absorbed Xion.

So if it worked even similarly, I don't know how having two would work without Drive Forms.

Hmmmm true, then everyone must have one keyblade.

We could always use a different system; if we make it so it doesn't require fusion-with-other-people, perhaps it can only be activated when you really need it, and evne then it only lasts for a short time.

Hmmm...probably when a person's very badly injured, they'd just glow and suddenly their outfit changes and they get another Keyblade.

Yeah, pretty much.

Well, we've got a title (Eight Blades, since there'll be eight of the spifftacular keybladers), an actual antagonistic force (random kids that Maleficent has manipulated into working for her), and most of the details ironed out, so we should be done soon.

Though I'm wondering (yeah, I'm one of the makers of the thread, and I have a question); if we have a good-blader, d'you think we should be able to have an evil-blader as well? If not, I'll just go with my evil-blader (who I love to death <3) and maybe the random-Maleficent's-spy kid as well.

Likewise with mine. He's got a few problems (inferiority complex being the main one), so I could see Maleficent manipulating him in that way.

Jeez, I'm evil with my favorite RP characters.

I was thinking, would anyone (besides Erif) be interested in a Persona RP? Be it a Pokémon crossover or not.
Yeah, I've been thinking about making a Persona RP for almost a year now, and I have so many ideas piled up that I'm about to implode. I've been trying to find the opportune moment to make a topic on several forums, but I've failed to find one. It'd have to be kinda technical though: for one, I'd want to try and implement a social system and arcana system, which I personally think would be really fun. Only thing I really need help on with coming up is a better plotline. :/

Basically, Kingdom Hearts is a ridicluously popular book series, and almost everyone has heard of it. (unless you live in Atlantica or the Pride Lands or something) One day, a bunch of random kids (I used eight when I originally did this, it can be lowered or extended if necessary), all in different worlds, are either reading the books for the first time or rereading them, and when they open it, the book glows and they're all teleported to Traverse Town. Merlin meets them there and tells them that the events in the book are all unfolding in real life; a huge surge of formerly uncommon Heartless, commanded by an evil witch, and a bunch of even less common Nobodies. So basically he gives them each a Keyblade and they go try to save all the worlds.

It's worth pointing out that Sora, Kairi (and by extension Roxas and Naminé), Riku, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy don't actually exist. So we'd need a seventh Princess of Heart, mainly.

Do you like it? It's mainly a summary, I can get the full plot if you want.
Don't get me wrong, that's a really innovative idea, but there are some problems. The "Giving them keyblades" part is too rushed, they need to have an awakening. That one's in just small though. It's also somewhat random, how they just get sucked into the book. Last, it's very simple. When I think of Kingdom Hearts, I think "an epic clash of teh keyblades lololol." I love the idea of the catastrophe occurring in each of the character's individual worlds though; it allows the RPer to make their own unique world in the RP. I guess I can give me two cents on the matter.

How about making our own universe, but it would still of course influenced by things from KH like heartless, gummi ships, etc. That would mean no Sora and co. (unless they made cameos or something), and I guess that could mean that most of the worlds won't be there, but it'd give us more leverage. Meaning, if we have a new place to explore, we can base the worlds of our favorite games and stuff like that instead of the Disney ones, including our own character-based worlds. Heck, you could just be part of an already invented world if you wanted to. While the heartless are being released to every world in some way, the awakenings could be totally self-made. Everyone would start out in their respective world and have it somehow happen based on their history, and then everyone would eventually meet up in Traverse Town. No rush, though. That'd be cool, right?

These are just ideas though, the storybook is a fine idea also.

Aw, I missed all the plotting. D=

But um. If Sora or any other characters were in it, I'd be willing to play them in addition to my own character. I could play evil too though. Also, does everyone HAVE to be a Keyblader? I think you should have some opportunities to just be like... with the Keybladers, and supporting them, but not actually be able to wield a Keyblade, if that makes sense.

And I like Erif's idea about making our own universes and meeting in Traverse Town. But could two or more characters be from the same world? Would they all have to be from different worlds?

Also, the evil motives aren't really fleshed out. Like... it's just random evil witch, Heartless, and Nobodies. I think they should have a good reason. Like maybe the witch had her world destroyed (if she's not Maleficent, I dunno) by Heartless, it was overcome by darkness. She herself became a Heartless, but a common one. And then her Nobody was bent on revenge against the Heartless for destroying her world and taking her heart. She eventually learns how to use the darkness, and how to command the Heartless. But she becomes so corrupted by it that she forgets her original goal to get rid of all the Heartless, and instead becomes their Queen/evil leader/whatever. She becomes very power hungry because of the darkness, and wants to build an empire of darkness. Then yada yada, she controls the kids, and yeah.

It isn't too good, but yeah.

OH! And also, it could be that the wizard Merlin summoned these kids who were all reading their book to fight the evil witch. That would explain the book absorbing them.

Of course they could be! >:C That would mean the two players need to plan with each other, but it'd be okay.

That makes sense. They're should be some optional choice in weaponry, maybe we could make so other form other awesome/ancient/magical weapon-type-thingy? :/

I also agree that the main atangonist has to have some sort of depth, can't just be the evil witch up in mai kindom herts. Not sure what, there needs to be something though.

That last thing sounded really corny, Arylett. D:

Yeah, it did. And cliched too. But, I couldn't really think up anything else. If we're just limited to an evil witch and some Heartless... I could come up with something better if it was like, more of an elaborate villain. ;;Shrugs;; Not really sure how else it would make sense though, since the other ideas I'm getting would involve complete changing of the entire story that was proposed in the first place.

I was just thinking that some other people, not Keybladers or anything, come along. And that they all have an Awakening, and get the weapon that best fits their hearts in the Awakening. They get to chose it. This weapon functions like a Keyblade even if it isn't one, because it's made from their hearts, and has the power of their hearts.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been thinking about making a Persona RP for almost a year now, and I have so many ideas piled up that I'm about to implode. I've been trying to find the opportune moment to make a topic on several forums, but I've failed to find one. It'd have to be kinda technical though: for one, I'd want to try and implement a social system and arcana system, which I personally think would be really fun. Only thing I really need help on with coming up is a better plotline. :/
You should have told me sooner, dammit.
Still, we should talk about it, do you have like, Windows Live or something? If not, then we would simply have have to speak via the forums.

@ Erif: I'd totally forgotten about the awakenings, actually; my idea was that we were going to start post-awakenings. (cause I don't exactly understand how they work. ^^;) I think they happened during the whole absorbed-into-the-book thing.

Also, does everyone HAVE to be a Keyblader? I think you should have some opportunities to just be like... with the Keybladers, and supporting them, but not actually be able to wield a Keyblade, if that makes sense.

Oh, no, of course not! You could always just be there, helping out. I think one of my characters is.

But could two or more characters be from the same world? Would they all have to be from different worlds?

Also, the evil motives aren't really fleshed out. Like... it's just random evil witch, Heartless, and Nobodies. I think they should have a good reason. Like maybe the witch had her world destroyed (if she's not Maleficent, I dunno) by Heartless, it was overcome by darkness. She herself became a Heartless, but a common one. And then her Nobody was bent on revenge against the Heartless for destroying her world and taking her heart. She eventually learns how to use the darkness, and how to command the Heartless. But she becomes so corrupted by it that she forgets her original goal to get rid of all the Heartless, and instead becomes their Queen/evil leader/whatever. She becomes very power hungry because of the darkness, and wants to build an empire of darkness. Then yada yada, she controls the kids, and yeah.

Uh, it is Maleficent. Soulda explained that better.

It isn't too good, but yeah.

OH! And also, it could be that the wizard Merlin summoned these kids who were all reading their book to fight the evil witch. That would explain the book absorbing them.

Yeah, that is what happened. That wasn't the actual plot; more like a summary. I PMed it to Xaldin, so he saw the entire thing. I should probably post it here, too.

Thanks for the crit, by the way. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom