• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Interest check: Mafia Universe "Ultralight" game for Busy People™

Eifie

oh man, good times.
Pronoun
she/her
Hi everyone! I'm planning on hosting a very low postcount game on Mafia Universe in the next few weeks to see if we have a niche for this kind of thing there. It'll probably be a 9-player game, 48/24 phases, maybe a closed setup, and ideally the game would cap out at 300-400 posts total (though probably more if it does end up going to a final 3 scenario). I'm planning on very low postcaps that increase as the number of living players goes down: something like a limit of 10 posts per person d1, maybe 15-20 posts per person d2, and so on. It'll be a bit more like our old tcodf games except that there will be no fancy mechanics and most people will probably be vanilla townies/mafia goons (and there will be no n0, and there will almost certainly be a d1 lynch).

If you're interested in this, please let me know! Note that this game will take place on Mafia Universe, so you'll need to make an account there, and you'll be playing with at least some strangers, depending on how many people here are into it. Start date is TBD; some people have mentioned concerns about it overlapping with other games here, but I don't want to push it too long and given the planned volume for this game it should not be too difficult to play on top of another one. The latest possible start date will probably be July 20th.

(I've never played in a game with them, but aren't post restrictions enforced by the mafia overlord [AKA modbot]?)

(I've never played in a game with them, but aren't post restrictions enforced by the mafia overlord [AKA modbot]?)
yes (although I have to check if I can manually change them daily)

more what I meant was like, for people who are used to posting a lot more, having small post caps can be really frustrating and unfun and there can end up being a lot of complaining about it in the game thread (despite the fact that they signed up for it lol). I've seen it happen a lot before, so wanted to make sure!

more what I meant was like, for people who are used to posting a lot more, having small post caps can be really frustrating and unfun and there can end up being a lot of complaining about it in the game thread (despite the fact that they signed up for it lol). I've seen it happen a lot before, so wanted to make sure!
They can't in the game thread if they've hit their post cap :devilish:
but yeah, fair, I'm going to see if I'm capable of lowposting in the next few games before deciding

it's going to be a limit of 20 posts per day phase (no sliding scale this time), 48/24 phase lengths, idk what times but it also kind of doesn't matter because post limits aren't lifted at eod so being available for eod isn't all that critical. probably gonna put up the sign-ups once I manage to think of a flavour that isn't Wooloos, everything else is ironed out already

Back
Top Bottom