• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

2020 Mafia Championships

Keldeo

Resolute
Pronoun
he, they
Hi everyone! One of the staff over at Mafia Universe asked me to post the invitation to participate in their annual forum mafia tournament. I played three games in the tournament last year - they were very intense and fast-paced compared to games here, but I enjoyed them!

I'll defer to @Butterfree for how any TCoD reps should be chosen, but in previous years, there was a poll between volunteers. Since we don't have the mafia hack on Xenforo, maybe anyone who's interested can express that in this thread?

If no one else is interested I guess I could do it? But I wouldn’t say this is one of the main forums I play on and there’s a chance I’ll be representing another so someone else is probably a better pick

hello it is likely I will be representing another community so y’all will need to find someone else (or just send keldeo again idk)

<expression of tentative interest>

(tentative because i think if anyone more experienced is interested, sending them instead would make sense! but it could be fun :D)

(tentative because i think if anyone more experienced is interested, sending them instead would make sense! but it could be fun :D)
The deadline for selecting a representative is the 27th! So if you're the only person interested and you'd still like to go, mewtini, I think all you need to do is confirm to Lissa and make a post in the Mafia Universe thread about the competition?

As far as I can tell, the qualifier game start dates will be from May 4 to June 15. No pressure at all if you don't think it'll work out for you!

I have the exact same tentative interest but only at the same level as mewtini, so i'd be happy to go (but i would stain the glorious name of TCoD because i'm just not very good) but if Mewtini would rather go, by all means let her.

sorry for ghosting for a bit there tbh!!
As far as I can tell, the qualifier game start dates will be from May 4 to June 15. No pressure at all if you don't think it'll work out for you!
do you know if there's a way to choose which date we play on? that kind of determines whether or not i think it'll work out for me - my finals season runs through mid-may (this was kind of why i initially saw the post, went "hmm," and then evidently forgot to ever answer)

(also i forget how it worked last time, but maybe emmy could sub or something?)

Last edited:

do you know if there's a way to choose which date we play on? that kind of determines whether or not i think it'll work out for me - my finals season runs through mid-may (this was kind of why i initially saw the post, went "hmm," and then evidently forgot to ever answer)

Yes, you select the dates that work for you and also your preferred phase lengths

Yeah, there are forms you fill out to indicate your preferences for game start date, EOD time, and day/night phase length! There’s also a preference option for game aggression level, since people can be way more aggressive than people here, but I’m not sure how much that’s taken into account...

(Edit: Since the setup this year has 15 players, the maximum length of a game where someone dies in every phase is 7 times the combined length of a Day/Night cycle if that helps you plan! And you can also get in touch with the tournament organizer, Lissa, if you have more complex preferences about scheduling.)

@IndigoEmmy, if you want to go as a substitute you totally could! I think the procedure is the same, where you just make a MU account and check in here. If you’re a backup, you would be the one substituting in for Mewtini if an emergency came up and she couldn’t play. The tournament also usually needs a few people to sub in for people from other communities who don’t meet the 10-posts-per-Day minimum or who request to sub out - RNP and Butterfree both ended up subbing in for people from other communities when they were backups in the last two years. But you can always decline when asked to sub in if the game doesn’t seem like it will work out for you.

Last edited:
Just popping my head in here to plug that MU has a discord and within that discord is a championship-spectator channel! So if you feel like following along with mewtini's game or any of the other games, the first of which starts this upcoming Monday, feel free to hop on over there and ask for championship spectator permission in the welcome channel. (Arapocalypse will probably ask you if you want them anyway if she's around and keeping an eye on it, but feel free to ping me or any of the other discord moderators otherwise!)

Good luck mewtini and Emmy!! 🍀

Hi guys

mewtini’s Championship game has been scheduled :)

GAME 9 (JUNE 8, 48/24, 12 PM EDT EOD)
AvatarVecna (Giant in the Playground)
BleedsIsDead (Football Forums)
Boquise (MafiaManiac)
Gomes (Hattrick.org (Portuguese))
Hermynator (Further Entertainment)
Holyflare (Team Liquid)
Hyde1085 (Mafia - A Game Of Trust And Deception)
kjeremyth (GreyWolf Werewolf Club)
MagykalWagykal (Flight Rising)
mewtini (The Cave of Dragonflies)
Poison (AnimeBase)
Samusamu (Mediavida)
SkyWalker (Shannii Writes)
Sunset (Werwolf Online)
SuperSaiyan (Wrestling Clique)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big server on Discord (1,000+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/CwDKmjQ

2) Upon joining the server, please inform us of who you are and which community you are from. We will then give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Mafia Championship Podcast
For the first time ever, there will be a Mafia Championship podcast.

The first episode goes live on Twitch at Sunday 4 PM Eastern - i.e. tomorrow. It will feature 4 former winners. There will also be podcasts on the following Sundays.

It will go live here, if you are interested: https://www.twitch.tv/mrthingyman/

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/25499-Season-7-General-Information

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes a list of the 165 participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Discord is Thingyman#6075

Back
Top Bottom