• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

About Server Move

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Heartache staff
Pronoun
she/her
Hey. I've just successfully (...more or less) done something of a test run of moving the forums to be sure I know what to do. This hopefully means nothing unexpected will come up during the real thing and it can be over with as quickly as possible.

That being said, however, it will still take several hours thanks to the massive amount of data that needs to be dumped, transferred and loaded into the new database, and the forums will necessarily have to be closed during this time. I am hoping to do this tomorrow or, failing that, on Tuesday, so be prepared, don't post any big posts you don't want to lose before first copying them in case I turn these forums off for the last time while you're writing it, and have patience during the move. Once it's done, the forums will hopefully be faster than ever and stop showing blank pages or having endless database errors, so it will all be worth it in the end.

Thanks for your patience.

So we're moving tomorrow.

I think this begs the question: Is there going to be a new URL?
And also: Will there be any data loss?

she also said that the forums would probably move to forums.firechao.com forums.dragonflycave.com

Last edited:
Guys. Basically moving a forum is taking the database (which contains member info, posts, etc.) and "copypasting" it onto the new server. Nothing will be lost, no one will need to re-register, so on and so forth.

Looking forward to improved uptime.

Back
Top Bottom