• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Anyone know what game this is?

It's a PC game from the 90s(or may have been late 80s, not sure). I don't think it was on a CD-rom, but rather a download(I might be wrong on this part though), and it may or may not have been a part of a "game pack". I remember playing it when I was 5 or 6, and really want to know what it is... I don't remember too much, but you were guiding some blobs with your arrow keys through the board, and I think there were some monsters some places too. If I remember correctly, the board was black with grey lines. I also remember a big blob that was either the boss, or their "mother" that we guided them too. The graphics was very simple 2-d with no shading. I suppose it's not a very well-known game, since I guess I would have known about it then.

I'm not sure if all of this is correct, remember, it's a long, long time since I last played it, but if you know what this could be, please help. ^^

Last edited:
Totally reminds me of Land of Um. LOL omg that game was win~ ,,xD
I'm pretty sure it was an australian made game though, 99% of the forum probably have no idea what it is..
..Wonder if anyone else here played it at school as a kid.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. </3

Oh, were you able to choose the blob's features and such? I remember a game I used to play as a kid where you guided this bunch of blobs through dangerous missions to get them to their safe new village or something.
It was awesome and I wish I could remember what it was.

TCoD, in addition to helping WOE, help me too! Although it could have been a French game, in which case I'll never know.

Oh, were you able to choose the blob's features and such? I remember a game I used to play as a kid where you guided this bunch of blobs through dangerous missions to get them to their safe new village or something.

:o I remember a totally awesome game we had at my primary school that sounds kinda like that, but I can't remember what it was called either >.<;;

EDIT: OMG found it. Is this your game by any chance, VPLJ?

Last edited:

TCoD, in addition to helping WOE, help me too! Although it could have been a French game, in which case I'll never know.

Hmm, could be thinking of Lemmings?

:o I remember a totally awesome game we had at my primary school that sounds kinda like that, but I can't remember what it was called either >.<;;

EDIT: OMG found it. Is this your game by any chance, VPLJ?

zoombinis is what VPLJ is thinking I believe

EDIT: beaten to it
Haha, yes! Oh man, so many fond memories of mini-me and friends playing this for like hours on end and always getting mad as hell because we never got all the blobs across safely. We always lost a bunch of them at the pizza thing ;w;
I'll have to download this again and sink back into childhood for a bit.

Come to think of it I'm not sure I ever played Zoombinis, I just watched the other kids play it. But now I've bought it in a retro-fuelled spate of impulsiveness >:3

However, I don't think it could be the same game WUE's thinking about. =s

Zoombinis! I had that at my primary school, that game was awesome! :D I was no good at it, so I used to play Maths Circus instead :P

Lol zoombinis, forgot all about those~
We had that at school too, i've actually got the game right.. here.. (somewhere. ,xD
Man, those four rocks on the 2nd or 3rd level constantly pissed the fuck out of me.

I'll have to download this again and sink back into childhood for a bit.
I could probably copy the installation files off of our disc and send them to you, if you wanted. Assuming I can find it.

Sorry, it wasn't that either. It didn't have those graphics, it had more... Pacman-like graphics or whatever(the blobs actually were a bit similar to the Pacman ghosts mixed with... something else, I think). No shading, and I don't think it had customisation at all either when I think about it...

Or I may just have mixed Pacman with something nonexistant in my mind, but I really doubt it. I'm almost sure I've played the game I'm talking about...

do you control a character? or do you just click stuff to guide them? Is the game a birds-eye view? or more of an isometric camera angle? What shape are the levels? are they square shaped with obstacles? ..are there even obstacles? lol

all stuff that could probably help us find out.

You controlled them with the arrow keys, and it's... I don't know what that angle is called, but flat. The levels are pretty much grey lines on a black board, and there are some enemies.

Back
Top Bottom