• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Athanatos [Unnatural Selection (EP)]

This sounds like what God is an Astronaut would sound like, if they had some shitty production and only used their electronica elements.

Alternatively, it's a stripped down Crystal Castles.

I can't say I like this but I suppose it's good for what it is. This stuff just doesn't take my fancy.

Project Tartarus is cool though.

This sounds like what God is an Astronaut would sound like, if they had some shitty production and only used their electronica elements.

Alternatively, it's a stripped down Crystal Castles.

I can't say I like this but I suppose it's good for what it is. This stuff just doesn't take my fancy.

Project Tartarus is cool though.

yeaaah the production was shitty... x3

but ah, completely fair. thanks for listening!

(yes. i only wish i had more ideas to make tartarus longer than the pitiful ~50 seconds it is)

i'm probably a little late in giving my .02, but..

i liked some of the songs. the gameboy synthesizer thing got old by the end of the collection of songs. (i think i may have heard more than the ep; i just went to myspace and listened to everything in the player.) some of the lines were really cool!

i know that you can play guitar, though, so i'll keep an ear out. surely you haven't exhausted everything in your bag of tricks. i'm sure you just have to figure out how to get guitar and vocals on the computer.. maybe?

i'm probably a little late in giving my .02, but..

i liked some of the songs. the gameboy synthesizer thing got old by the end of the collection of songs. (i think i may have heard more than the ep; i just went to myspace and listened to everything in the player.) some of the lines were really cool!

i know that you can play guitar, though, so i'll keep an ear out. surely you haven't exhausted everything in your bag of tricks. i'm sure you just have to figure out how to get guitar and vocals on the computer.. maybe?

well, I find that the type of music I tend to write sounds best using that gameboy imitation synth, though maybe it's just that personally, I don't like most of the synths I can actually use. though I can definitely see how it'd get boring. and yeah, I uploaded three songs that weren't in the EP.

I guess I can kind of play guitar, sure, but now that my computer is dead, I don't have the program I use nor anything to record with currently. I've actually been looking forward to adding some sort of vocals. I'd like to use a vocoder but I don't want to end up sounding like a Black Moth Super Rainbow wannabe or something. :| but yeaah. once I get my new computer and get stuff set up again, I'll see what I can do. I have a whole summer ahead of me.

Watershed said:
you could do a pain imitation

I actually want to make a release that just contains covers at some point. Or a majority of covers, anyway.

You can use vocoder but you'll sound different.

Think Anathema's closer. Think Nine Inch Nails. You could even try doing a Cynic.

Back
Top Bottom