• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[B/W] NU: Never Unused

Keldeo

Resolute
Pronoun
he, they
BeheeyemRampardosExploudAbsolCarracostaAudino

I'm back into competitive battling, with a hypothetical Trick Room-based NU team. Kind of. Lame nicknames are lame. I'm looking for any item suggestions for Big Head and bunnything, and general moveset/item/nature/etc improvements.

Special Sweeper: Alien/Beheeyem [m] @ Focus Sash <Synchronize>
Quiet Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Notes: Alien comes out first to set up Trick Room. Focus Sash makes sure he can set it up, because if he doesn't, the team strategy is ruined. Noting that it only lasts 5 turns, he and bunnything can alternatively switch in to set it up again. Nasty Plot boosted Psychic and Thunderbolt coming off pseudo-speed hit hard on physical walls while Rampardos's moves hit the special walls that Beheeyem has trouble with.

Physical Sweeper: Big Head/Rampardos [f] @ ??? <Mold Breaker>
Brave Nature
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Substitute

Notes: After Alien sets up Trick Room, Big Head can really sweep. EdgeQuake is only walled by Torterra, who's taken care of with Carracosta's Ice Beam. Fire Punch reliably keeps Grass-types on edge, and Substitute is great for avoiding burns and poison. I'm having trouble figuring out an item for this guy-- suggestions?

Teammate 1: CAPSLOCK/Exploud [m] @ Choice Specs <Soundproof>
Quiet Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
- Hyper Voice
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Notes: Hyper Voice is an obligatory STAB that's also reliable; Surf and Fire Blast together provide needed coverage. Ice Beam hits Altaria hard. Most of his checks are countered by Alien and turtlepwn. Choice Specs provides a much-needed boost to his average Special Attack because, heck, this is a Special-based set. He also can't be phazed by Perish Song and Roar because of Soundproof. He has trouble with Ghosts, but Absoul can kill those.

Teammate 2: Absoul/Absol [f] @ Life Orb <Super Luck>
Brave Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Night Slash

Notes: Sucker Punch isn't needed with Trick Room in play; Absol will almost always "outspeed" the foe. Night Slash + Super Luck is a recipe for criticals. Pursuit leaves foes afraid to switch. Superpower can be used as a last resort, and Megahorn is just for extra coverage and sheer power.

Tank 1: turtlepwn/Carracosta [f] @ Leftovers <Solid Rock>
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Notes: Trick Room takes care of turtlepwn's Speed problems while Toxic reliably statuses foes. Waterfall and Stone Edge are powerful STABs and give a pseudo-EdgeQuake-ish kind of coverage. Ice Beam takes care of those pesky Grass-types that wall Alien and Big Head, especially Torterra.

Support: bunnything/Audino [m] @ ??? <Regenerator>
Sassy Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
- Trick Room
- Wish
- Return
- Toxic

Notes: Another item problem! This is a bulky second Trick Room set-upper in case Alien dies or is too low HP to reliably switch in. Toxic takes care of those annoying bulky foes, and Wish is reliable healing. Return is obligatory STAB, but I may need to replace it for not-so-obvious reasons. Just a set.

Last edited:
Uh, Trick Room only lasts five turns. Why don't you have a second pokémon to set it up?

Oh. Shoot, forgot about that. I guess my plan was to send in Alien, set it up, switch, then have it come in later to set it up again. Pretty much every NU Pokemon that learns Trick Room is either fast or Psychic-type.

Edit: Potential Audino, Kecleon, Lampent sets. Kecleon has sky-high special defense, Lampent doesn't have an item problem, and Audino gets a bunch of healing moves. Which one...?

bunnything/Audino [m] @ ??? <Regenerator>
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Camo/Kecleon [m] @ ??? <Color Change>
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Return
- Aqua Tail

silence/Lampent [m] @ Eviolite <Flash Fire>
Quiet Nature
EVs: 232 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD
- Trick Room
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this'd be a good idea necessarily, but lampent does get healing: Pain Split. Just a thought.

Yeah, but Pain Split is a little riskier than, say, Wish+Protect which Audino has access to. And there's also the problem of hurting yourself if the opponent switches. There's always Leftovers, but turtlepwn has those.
Okay. bunnything has replaced trash

with a "new" and "improved" moveset too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom