• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Being Unoriginal =/= Bad

Togetic

Gone with the wind, perhaps to a happier place.
This is a team I've been using for a while on Shoddy, and so far its doing great, and I really enjoy it. But I still feel like there are a few kinks that need to be ironed out, so I posted it here!

Quick Overview

infernapegyaradosjolteon
rotomgrass.png
scizorsalamence

The Lead

infernape
Infernape @ Focus Sash
Naive 64 ATK/252 SP.ATK/192 SPE
Blaze

Stealth Rock
Fake Out
Close Combat
Fire Blast

Bog standard LeadApe! This is one of my FAVOURITE leads in the current DPPt metagame, as it can almost guarantee a Stealth Rocks setup. The only problems I have are Hippowdon and Aerodactyl, the latter of which I can still defeat (Occasionally). 192 Speed is to be slower than a max Speed Ape, so I can make use of the opponent's CC defense drop and KO.

GyaraJolt

gyarados
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant 156 HP / 72 ATK / 96 DEF / 184 SPE
Intimidate

Taunt
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge

Oh mai lord. Bulky Gyara is one of the best setup sweepers in the game. Finding easy setup fodder in popular walls such as Vaporeon and Swampert, it can Taunt, and usually, that means all they can do is attack with Ice Beam or something along that line. Kudos to the guys at Smogon who did all the number crunching to build this set.

jolteon
Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Timid 252 SP.ATK/252 SPE/4 DEF
Volt Absorb

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam

Specs Jolteon to go along with the Gyarados. This thing takes all the electirc type attacks that would otherwise fry Gyarados, and almost makes a great late game sweeper. Its got enough speed to outspeed offensive Gyaras with one DD, and can OHKO with Thunderbolt, making this my prime Gyara counter. Shadow Ball and HP Ice for coverage etc.

Support Killers

rotomgrass.png

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
Modest 4 HP/252 SP.ATK/252 SPE
Levitate

Thunderbolt
Leaf Storm
Shadow Ball
Trick/ HP Fighting

Ahhh..the Lawnmower. With a scarf. This little appliance can really rampage through teams, with Trick crippling Walls and Leaf Storm to destroy Swampert. I usually use this as a late game revenge killer, and then perhaps attempt a finishing sweep. I still cant decide between Trick and HP Fighting though, I've tried both and both have their uses. Trick to kill walls and HP Fighting to kill Tyranitar.

scizor
Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant 252 HP/252 ATK/10 SPE
Technician

Bullet Punch
Pursuit
U-turn
Superpower

Yes..yes..its bog standard CB Scizor. I wouldn't use it if it weren't so dang good. It covers up most of my teams weaknesses, including opposing Gengar, if Rotom is down. Not much to say.

Random Guy to round it off

salamence
Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive 16 ATK/ 240 SP.ATK/ 252 SPE
Intimidate

Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Outrage

Yay Mixmence! This guy is basically my first choice in blind switches, as it can take on almost anything. Draco Meteor and Outrage for massive damage, Earthquake and Flamethrower for coverage. I chose Flamethrower over Fire Blast because I find it more crucial that it hits. Not much more to say.

Feel free to criticize.

Back
Top Bottom