• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sojaveña Wilds Brisa's Cabin

"I get it," said Laura, softly. "You need to imagine it as a possible thing, first. Until now it was just a fact of existence, huh?"

She smiled. Howls, she was proud of the chimera.

"You're not the only one," Nova said. "I never thought mine'd come off." He looked over his shoulder. "Then I made some friends. It's... funny how that works.

"Things feel different. The air. The light." He tilted his head up and slowly shut his eyes. His crest fanned out like a plant bending in the direction of the sun.

Some bird impulse in Gladion’s head wanted to make a physical gesture of caring, go fix those feathers or something. Of course, he clamped down on that. It would be weird. To do that. Especially in front of other people.

“It always felt impossible ‘til right before it happened. We all needed help with ours. I should thank you, for helping give me the push I needed, even if it was kind of happenstance. So, uh, you need a hand getting the feathers sorted or something, I know that can be a pain to do on your own…”

Sage nodded along with Nova's words. "The air, the light, they feel good." The chimera closed their eyes for a moment, experimentally letting their crest fan out the same way before glancing down at their crumpled neck feathers. "Probably, I will need help..."

But then their eyes lit up, as if they'd just remembered or realized something, tail swaying back and forth. "But first, snacks, is what I was thinking."

Nova was going to respond to Sage's request when he saw their eyes light up. And what came out next was... not what Nova expected at all. He gave a hearty laugh at that, his turquoise feathers jubilantly flashing.

"Of course." He bumped Sage's shoulder. "We can do snacks. I bet they'll taste much better now that that musty helmet's gone."

He strode toward the cabin door and held it open, beckoning his friends inside if they so chose.

<><><>​

Back
Top Bottom