• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cinderpelt vs moon-panther (ref: Negrek)

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
This is a repost for reference purposes that has not been proofread. Final energy and health scores are, however, correct.

Rules and arena information for your convenience:

3vs3
Single Battle
DQ: 4 days
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: 5 chill moves per pokemon
Battle Style: Switch
Banned pokemon: Any pokemon that is not a baby or basic pokemon. Non-evolving pokemon are fine.
Arena: A calm lake with soft sand all around it. It has very calm water with a couple lilypads and logs for land pokemon to stand on. It IS permitted to go out of the lake and onto the sand.
It IS allowed to switch pokemon without having them faint.

Round Nine

moon-panther (OOO)
mudkip
Takumi (M)
Health: 61%
Energy: 47%
Chills: 0/5
- Sorry to see his substitute go, but otherwise all right. +1 All Stats

Starry Midnight (OOO)
lapras
Freeze (M)
Health: 43%
Energy: 36%
Chills: 1/5
- Tired and in pain. Confused (mild). +2 Attack

Shivering despite himself, Freeze tries to concentrate. The bite of pain and cold takes the edge off his confusion, giving him some clarity, but it still takes him a moment to organize his thoughts. Letting his mind drift out to the pond next to him, the lapras spreads his consciousness through its depths and subtle currents, taking control and stirring the liquid, summoning up a huge wave to come and douse the shore. Takumi, though, is aware of his opponent's intentions and swiftly goes to work on the water himself. He can feel the lapras manipulating the water, trying to get it to rise up, but Takumi wrestles control away from the lapras, trying to draw up his own wave to combat the lapras'.

The pond's waters swirl and gurgle, confused aquatic pokémon getting spun about and tossed in all directions as the water is unsettled by the two pokémon's endeavors. A column of water rises at its center, twisting and crashing in upon itself as two separate waves try to form, heading in opposite directions. In the end, Freeze demonstrates slightly more skill in manipulating water than Takumi does, and his surf attack wins out, gushing over and around the competition as it roars towards shore. Much of its power is gone, however, and it collapses just before reaching shore, sending nothing more than a gentle wash of water crawling up the sand to splash against Takumi and Freeze before receding again.

Freeze looks out, dismayed and a little befuddled, thanks to confusion, as he realizes that he wasn't quick enough with his ice beam attack to freeze the surf in place. Not that there was much of a surf to begin with, anyway. In any case, he's left without his wall of water to freeze--what is he to do? Well, the rest of the water will freeze easily enough, he supposes, and if he freezes a little bit of it out near the middle, he ought to be able to get most of the way underneath it anyway. Paddling slowly towards the water, flippers digging into the sand, the lapras summons up a different sort of ice beam. Pure ice energy gathers in tangible form at the back of his throat, an orb of power that glows a piercing blue. The light of the growing attack spills out around Freeze's lips, and at last it becomes too large for his mouth to contain properly. Opening his mouth wide, Freeze lets the ice beam discharge into the pond before him, directing the crackling column of ice energy out towards the center of the pond. In its wake it leaves a strip of thick ice, and Freeze moves his head slowly back and forth, drawing an extra-large, especially thick patch out at the middle of the pond before the ice beam, spent at last, dissipates to nothing more than a few drifting sparks of energy.

Seeing the attack complete, Takumi lets out a delighted giggle and dashes right past Freeze as the lapras looks on, surprised. The mudkip jumps and lands on the icy bridge the lapras has created, laughing delightedly as he goes sliding out towards the middle of the pond. The mudkip can't possibly hope to break up all this ice with just a single attack, but he's going to make his rock smash attack count and get at the area he thinks Freeze is going to be resing under. That's the extra-large patch way out in the middle, and the mudkip delightedly slips and skids his way out to the center of it before he begins hammering at the ice with his tiny paws. In no time at all, he's punched through the ice sheet to the rippling water below, cracks spreading out from the hole to all edges of the ice. Takumi keeps working on the edge of the hole until it is about a foot in diameter and he's starting to feel tired. Actually, he was starting to feel a little weary even before beginning the attack, but now his forepaws are seriously starting to ache, not to mention get disturbingly numb from contact with the ice.

Turning back to the shore, Takumi sees Freeze just setting out on his mission to rest under his ice sheet. Not so fast! Takumi grins with delight, then opens his mouth wide and lets out another of his eerie, echoing roars. The boulders called up for the last rock slide attack start to shudder and twitch as life seeps into them once more. This is represented by strange blue-purple flame that glows in the air all around them, the embodiement of pure rock power that imbues the dead rock with new power. Slowly, the boulders rise into the air and begin drifting towards Freeze. The lapras vaguely sense something is up and glances back over his shoulder, only to find himself being tailed by a pack of flaming, floating, silent rocks. The lapras puts on a turn of speed and dives, but it is too late--the boulders overtake him and drop, plunging into the water with great roars and eruptions of steam. Freeze is buffeted mercilessly by the rocks as they sink back into the depths, but he knows it's not long now before he'll be able to stop and heal his wounds.

Swimming up beneath the ice sheet and sticking his head up through the hole in its center--it actually is quite convenient--the lapras closes his eyes and sinks into a deep, powerful trance. Energy from his inner reserves rushes around throughout his body, healing the lapras' wounds with incredible speed even as it drains him of stamina.

moon-panther (OOO)
mudkip
Takumi (M)
Energy: 23%
Chills: 0/5
- Shivering out on the ice sheet and starting to feel very weary. +1 All Stats

Starry Midnight (OOO)
lapras
Freeze (M)
Health: 64%
Energy: 10%
Chills: 1/5
- In a deep healing trance below the ice sheet (2 more actions). Confused (very mild). +2 Attack

Terrain Notes
The beach is littered with rocks of all sizes, though most of the boulders have disappeared, and a small, icy mudkip lying crumbling on the sand a couple of feet in front of Takumi. A narrow band of ice, maybe a meter wide, stretches out to the middle of the pond, where a three-meter-diameter patch of ice floats. There is a hole roughly in its center through which Freeze's head is currently protruding.

Final Notes
- If you wanted to freeze surf as it was happening, you would need to combine ice beam with surf, not list them as separate actions. As it is, it doesn't really matter, anyway.
- moon-panther attacks first next round.

If Star Master would please identify himself, if he's rejoined the forums, that'd be cool, too.

Edit: It would appear that this is actually not the latest round. I'll see what I can do about pulling that one up.

Re: Star Master vs moon-panther (ref: Negrek)

TAKUMI!!!!! *gloms her Mudkip* My Takumi, i love you! Mine...I won't lose you! *huggle*

*Identifies himself*

Er, yeah, in the latest round I think I switched in Sparkspook, my Rotom.

It would appear that the last round of this is not available at this time. Would you two be averse to replaying it?

You mean...doing this round over agian?...hmm..well, i geuss we could

Yeah, that's what I mean. In which case, it would be your turn to attack.

Hmm...Alright, since we can't get the latest round...

Takumi, my dear. It's been a while since we battled together love...so...what shall we do? Freeze is asleep, so that should be easy to hit...hmm...I know. Since his head is poking out of the hole, freeze the hole around his neck to trap him there. After, I want you to dive into the water to the bottom and chill to get her energy back. Sounds simple, no?

Ice beam to trap Freeze in the ice ~ Dive to the bottom to Chill ~ Chill

Sorry to make you post those... only to get my hands on the right file a couple days later. ^^; Sorry, here it is. And now it's Cinderpelt's turn to move, although I imagine you'll still want to send out Sparkspook.

Round Eleven

moon-panther (OOO)
mudkip
Takumi (M)
Energy: 31%
Chills: 2/5
- Very cold, but a little more chipper nonetheless. +1 All Stats

Cinderpelt (OOO)
lapras
Freeze (M)
Health: 89%
Energy: 2%
Chills: 3/5
- Fighting just to remain conscious. +2 Attack

Running to the edge of the ice sheet, Takumi jumps off and into the water, tail fin wagging back and forth to propel him quickly into the depths. Although the water is far from warm, in comparison to the chilly ice above it is quite comfortable, and Takumi smiles as he strives down into the murky blackness at the bottom of the lake. Here, the hulking shapes of the rocks he had earlier summoned loom out of the gritty gloom of the disturbed water. Swimming over to one of these, Takumi perches on top of it and settles in to wait.

With so much water between himself and Freeze, Takumi can't even hear the lapras as he opens his mouth and begins to sing, groggily, a low, humming tune. The music twines darkly through the air, soft and insidious and deadly to all that hear it (unfortunate for the wild pokémon living in the area). The strangely beautiful song reverberates out across the pond, but it has barely started to work up to its height before it slowly begins to die away again. Freeze's strength is waning, and he simply doesn't have the energy to get out the full tune. The perish song fades away as the lapras slumps over, utterly drained and unable to continue.

moon-panther (OOO)
mudkip
Takumi (M)
Energy: 27%
Chills: 2/5
- Lurking at the bottom of the pond. +1 All Stats

Cinderpelt (XOO)
lapras
Freeze (M)
Health: 89%
Energy: 0%
Chills: 3/5
Knocked Out!

Terrain Notes
The beach is littered with rocks of all sizes, though most of the boulders have disappeared, and a small, icy mudkip lies crumbling on the sand a couple of feet in front of Takumi. A narrow band of ice, maybe a meter wide, stretches out to the middle of the pond, cut off with a jagged edge. There are several large chunks of ice floating farther out in the pond, but the larger disc has been broken up by the ancientpower attack.

Final Notes
- Cinderpelt sends out.
- moon-panther attacks.
- Cinderpelt attacks.

Eletric type....ouch.

Ok, Takumi this is what we will do. First start with a Mud Sport to half his power, then follow up with Toxic to cause him some trouble down the road. After that, I want you to get out of the water(if you're not out of it already) and use Swagger to confuse the ghost. Sounds good?

Mud sport ~ Toxic ~ Swagger

Cinderpelt is disqualified. I hereby award the win to moon-panther. She receives $16 for winning and may import both Takumi and Hughes as of this post. Hughes enters with 1 EXP and Takumi with 2.

Cinderpelt may import both Sparkspook and Freeze for free as of this post, with each receiving 1 EXP for this battle. However, he is banned from making or accepting challenges for two months, until October 22nd, 2008.

I get $10 for reffing.

Back
Top Bottom