• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Disney's World of Color

Wow. I watched part of it - it doesn't use a screen at all, does it? I'm really interested in how they recreated the Little Mermaid clips and stuff. It looks like it uses some little screens down toward the front, but it seems like most of it is done entirely with different-colored lights. I'd like to know how much this cost.

I've seen the fireworks at Epcot, but this is like a million times better. :0

edit: oh, I've never heard of these here 'water screens' before. :v Looking into it now.

fff wanna go to disneyland so bad DO NOT RUB IT IN

Spaekle: The 'water screens' are really just curtains of thick fog/mist, so that the light is visible on it and acts as a transparent screen. Disney uses it a good amount, and very well -- in the new Pirates of the Caribbean ride the very first thing the audience is shown (it's really more of a moving show than a ride, let's be honest) is a well-used water screen of Davy Jones lecturing you all tentacle-y.

This show, though, this is amazing. This is freaking beyond. I mean, the whole presentation -- even the music is pure disney: listen to about 2:12, you'll hear a definite Little Mermaid theme, but then the key change there is almost a Beauty and the Beast sound.

5:12 am I the only one who felt suddenly like we were going to see merman!Kuzco because of the music

7:30something WALLE AHH. what they did with the lights here? beautiful.

10:24 [PEES SELF, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. FFFFFUCK] The disney balloon? Just about made me melt. So many memories with that balloon, all those commercials.

Fantasia? Oh, wow... Gorgeous choice. And oh god, perfect transition to pocahontas.

17:10 "Is that. That is not. IT IS. A BOOTIFUL BUTTERFLY??" and then oapwejfpawfe april showers.

SUDDENLY villain montage and verne is so ecstatic

NIGHT ON BALD MOUNTAIN + HELL FIRE = VERNE CAME.

... this is the song from the ball in enchanted. It is. I love it.

TLDR i would pay so much good money to see this live.

I'm actually going to Disneyworld (and Universal -- harry potter park you know!) this August. :B I've never been to the California location, though I very much want to.

from what i watched this looks positively gay and i adore it

i'll watch the whole thing tomorrow i'm too tired to right now

Back
Top Bottom