• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Isle of Armor (all spoilers allowed)

Ruby

Night can outbalance day
Staff member
Pronoun
he/him
There's a thread about the SwSh DLC in the Upcoming Games subforum, but now that the Isle of Armor has been released, I thought I should make a new thread.

Well, I started playing yesterday and thought it was entertaining enough, but lacking in some ways. There's nothing challenging (so far?). The story (such as it is) and the setting both feel like a goofy excuse for letting you catch more Pokemon. Still, I haven't played it all yet...

Please share your thoughts, and feel free to disagree with me.

I loved it! All the new pokémon were such a welcome return, and the storyline, though short and simple was still enjoyable. I really liked Kubfu and Urshifu!

And i am enjoying restricted Sparring too!

I was able to catch a team of my favorites (Lucario, Loppunny, Talonflame, Roserade, Jellicent, Togekiss) and train them up pretty well and it's been YEARS since i last did that!

I thought the wild area was immensly beautiful, and getting to see my favorite pokémon eat curry was great (Try scyther. Especially if you feed scyther really bad curry).

It's like a 9/10 for me... the story was a bit short but everything else... i love ;D

Sharpedo are terrifying in this game!

ikr. They are soooo hard to avoid and they just come out of nowhere. I almost always have a jellicent with me when i go into the water, because the animation is cute, so like i just pray Sharpedo doesn't have the right speed IV because then it could probably do considerable damage to jellicent, my very slow friend.

I purchased it but haven't played it yet, maybe because I haven't properly "finished" Mystery Dungeon and sort of feel like I just caught all my faves in that and don't want to do it all over again in this DLC (even though many of my Actual Top Faves are still missing)? And a lot of my other faves are in the Crown Tundra part... I will probably play it though. I turned on the game a few days ago and the wild area music was already nostalgic to me for some reason so it does have appeal to me still.

Kinda do want to be able to walk around with my Shedinja following me though

I've been walking around with Arcanine, which looks quite cool. Certainly gives off Champion vibes.

I've been walking around with basically whatever i feel like, but if you walk with a loppunny it starts jumping, and then if you turn around and crash into it mid-jump, it goes flying back. Not sure if it's a bug, but it's funny.

So I played a lot more Isle of Armor yesterday. I now have Urshifu, have filled most of the Isle of Armor dex, and have found over 100 lost Diglett. I'm enjoying the game, but I still can't help feeling they could have made the plot more expansive, not to mention that the Tower of Darkness interior was extremely bland. On the other hand, I have come across some welcome features, notably the girl who clears a Pokemon's EVs and the new Ditto-catching location - all the Ditto there seem to have at least one perfect IV!

I've been thinking about which of the newly available Pokemon I'd like to breed for IVs and train up. Poliwrath, Kingdra, Volcarona, Klefki are all candidates...

Is there any way to buy
Isle of Armor without having to also get the Crown Tundra ? in other words I don't want to have to buy the Expansion pass just for Isle of Armor

Back
Top Bottom