• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia Choice Mafia 2 - Game Thread

hmmmmmmm
so based on sande's testimony, either
1) mewt was blocked n0 by stryke, who immediately died
2) mewt was blocked n0 by someone else, who's still alive, and has thus far entirely declined to speak up on a day with no deaths

3) sande is a sussy baka

Mewtini, can you confirm that you could have been blocked n0?
mafia roleblocker is a possibility that comes to mind. that said -

idk it seems like really weird balance to me to have a role that can either (1) can get completely hardlocked out of being able to perform its actions/oneshots (if you choose the wrong people earlygame and get stuck with a group of people lategame that you've already asked for fruit from), or (2) basically can't do anything until the game is basically completely over, the night before it's won (assuming you survive to that point and play a perfect game)

yeah im on board with this criticism here. if it's legit i am Eyeing rnp abt his balance lmao. also mawile's alignmentcop claim and the whole quote method thing is so bizzarely not something i would expect him to make up as a lie (but like a really good one if it is) and somehow something i can buy rnp would come up with that by proxy im gonna trust the mewtini vread from that although i completely understand "good news guys" being vague/triggering paranoia lmao.

hm the reason i asked mawile that question is that, while it does seem like an obvious conclusion, the cop explanation just kind of feels like it's too convenient, like he's trying to get us to believe it by making us come up with it ourselves... i kinda feel like i want to test the cop theory by yeeting someone on the list... but maybe that's too much paranoia and it's looping around to self-sabotage. hard to calibrate.

sande's claim is interesting. i agree that the maths don't really work out but i guess it could work if RNP expected fewer kills than a standard game, either from healers/blockers or maybe from the mafia not having a standard nightkill.

sande, why do you "thiiink" the reward for collecting 5 fruit is a set of oneshot powers?

in the interests of transparency in case there's a tracker, i did target mewt n0 (and mawile n1 fwiw) but i am not a roleblocker (and also not a cop, or i would've counterclaimed by now, haha). in fact while we're talking about roles, i'm kinda weirded out by how out-there all these claims are. mine is just an ordinary mafia role, it has a page on the mafiascum wiki and everything. bizarre. anyone else in the same boat?

mine is just an ordinary mafia role, it has a page on the mafiascum wiki and everything. bizarre. anyone else in the same boat?
mine is as well
i haven’t seen any of the Out There claims yet but yeah my role is standard.

ok i'm here fr. Now wtf do i do.
dance

iu

blah blah blah irl woes i don't think im going to be paying much attention or do very thinky brain at end of eod sorry

um. Um. preliminarily -- i don't know where im at other than like qenya/mawile/herbe/mf v in roughly that order but i also have kind of low confidence in that

i think i need to iso but fwiw i believe mawile's roleclaim

ok i think i'm going to go here for now because i just confbiased myself into seeing something from their EoD1 and i have approx 2 thoughts in my head total

sanderidge

ok i think i'm going to go here for now because i just confbiased myself into seeing something from their EoD1 and i have approx 2 thoughts in my head total

sanderidge
even if it seems like confbias, curious what it is?

sanderidge
even if it seems like confbias, curious what it is?
its progression on zori plus the fact that their iso feels coasty (moreso the second leading me to confbias into the first). it feels kinda cringe to talk about it when my zori narrative was pretty lazy but i could imagine a teammate having a similar pattern -- stalling the zori vote because of the activated alien worry (which i personally didn't really ever have on reading back rapidly during d1, so i guess i also don't have a great sense of why that theory was semi-common at the time) for like 1.5 irl days and then flipping onto the wagon once herbe was there

i haven't really gone through anyone else yet so maybe some comparison/perspective will change this all in the next like 5 minutes though lol

hmm understandable

i'm afraid i can't wait for another ISO bc i have work in 6 hours but i think i'm gonna join you on sanderidge. this is not really because of anything you said (just unfortunate timing) but more the unease about its roleclaim + a certain amount of lack of other people to PoE if you let mawile vibe for now - which I am inclined to do despite what i said earlier, occam's razor.

anyway see y'all later! gl! don't die

roleclaim suspicions plus i already sr them a while ago, sande, feels redundant but eh why not

fwiw I would not be that quick to discount the possibility of a janky and not super well balanced role being at play in the setup, although I do agree that the matter at the very least renders the roleclaim as given less than bulletproof

above all else though, I'm struggling to see the connection between the flavor given there and ACNH Mafia. I have not played the actual ACNH game myself, so I may be missing someshit there, but it puzzles me that fruit-based flavor and gathered powerup abilities are showing up on this role, instead of the other roles where it would have been more appropriate. and something that's also pretty striking to me is that the whole passively accumulating resources to use a stronger power is remarkably resemblant of several past MFias, including, whaddyakno, Gym Leader Choice Mafia, which was Zori's game. it therefore seems to me like there's a world out there where Zori was actually in-group scum and Sande is now mining her role for a claim.

(also sustaining that thought is that a) RNP's role in Gym Leader Choice Mafia was, indeed, one that had little use until resources were accumulated, with a steep requirement for the resource-requiring power; b) Gym Leader Choice Mafia also had a Jack-of-all-Trades, and if I recall correctly there was some controversy surrounding the player who claimed it (Negrek) due to it functioning a bit dissimilarly from the standard JOAT; and c) I probably would not be outstandingly pumped to play a wolf game where one of my partners was lynched D1 after claiming miller unprompted lmfao)
(all of this is extremely circumstancial anyway, it's just interesting how it all lines up)

oh, and besides all else, we also at least get something out of this if sande flips family -- namely, if its claim is truthful, that would highly increase the odds of mewtini being family as well. our PoE may be flowing rapidly!

so yeah, I guess these are all good arguments for keeping my ass parked on this wagon that everyone else is jumping on anyway

hour and a half to eod

votecounts:

sande (5):
mf (#311), mawile (#314), mewt (#331), qenya (#335), herbe (#337)

i think.

next game let's make a codeword to include alongside all votes so they're easier to find eh

Back
Top Bottom