• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia fixes

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Heartache staff
Pronoun
she/her
There have been a couple of bugs and annoyances with the mafia hack lately, which I went and fixed:

- The game notification should now actually show up for games whose game thread you've never been to at all.
- The displayed name of the game would always be the name of the sign-up thread before, leading to awkward [CLOSED] tags on the titles given in the notifications and such. Now the notifications will show the title of the current game thread instead (makes more sense, too, since that's the thread it's linking to).
- That link will now go to the first new post in the thread since you last read it, not just to the start of the thread.
- Game masters now have an "Unkill" button for killed players, in case they make a mistake. I haven't tested this yet, but it should hopefully work. Yup, it works.

I hope this will make everyone's game experience more convenient in the future.

(Also, psst, everyone go join my TV Tropes Mafia. It will be epic.)

EDIT: Also made it so that you continue to get notifications for games you've been killed in, in the hope that this isn't too annoying if you have no interest in the progression of a game you can no longer affect.

Last edited:
Could you make it possible to turn notifications off? I just refresh the Mafia forum regularly, so they're kind of superfluous for me.

If they're only superfluous rather than seriously, actively annoying you, I'd really rather not. :/ It's all too easy to think "Oh, I'm going to refresh the mafia forum regularly", then forget about it, and I think it is very important for the sustainability of the mafia forum that people get somehow reminded when their participation is expected.

Back
Top Bottom