• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Magical Fighter Pokesquadron

Ikazuchi noted Arika's fear. "I acknowledge that this is overwhelming for you, but--"

Just then, a rumble shook the ground, making what looked like a ball of darkness with eyes rise up from the ground. It looked around for a moment, then flew away in search of something to bother.

A Darkness Spawn--Darkrai's most numerous minions. Ikazuchi thought.

(for the record, the Squadrom members awaken one at a time, starting with Karinai. then after a few episodes, the next member awakens, and so on until we have all seven.)

Mikurii blinked in wonder at the Pikachu.
"Wait.. so you're saying that we also may have these spirits?" She asked, relieved to find out the Pokemon meant no harm to her sister.

She turned around when she heard another voice, a different girl had appeared.
"Uh, hello. Um, there's a talking Pikachu, if you're wondering why there's all this commotion." Mikurii said, nodding towards the yellow mouse.

"Oh... I like Umbreons, maybe I have a spirit?" she saw a ball of darkness arise from the ground. Mysti pointed to it. "What's that?"

Arika flinched at the dark object landing. It flew away just as suddenly, though. She turned to the Pikachu, "So... I get powers or abilities, right? It's going to be hard to fight evil as... well, just me.", she asked.

Mikurii shivered as the dark being appeared, then lept off.
"I don't like that thing..," She mumbled.

"Wait... a talking Pikachu... Spirits of Pokemon? And... what was that thing?" Hikari looked thoroughly confused by all this, having missed the introduction.

Ikazuchi reached for her most prized posession--her Orb of Awakening, which looked very similar to what the humans called a "Light Ball" But rather than boosting her own powers, Ikazuchi could use her treasure to conjure whatever she needed, in as much a quantity as she needed.

In this case, she commanded the glowing yellow orb "Awaken Diamond Pendant!" At this a star cut diamond on a chain appeared which floated over to Arika and settled on her neck.

"Every member had pendants like this to activate their powers...to do this, call 'Diamond of Wishes, lend me your light!' whenever you are in danger or you find whatever monster a Darkness Spawn created." Ikazuchi explained--she had a bad feeling the Darkness Spawn she had seen was going to create a monster, if it hadn't already. Defeating the monster also killed the Spawn.

Arika watched in wonder as the pendant floated over and onto her neck. "OK", she said, "Now... we should probably go searching for the others. You did mention there being six others, right?", she asked. "And what was that thing?", she added.

"There are indeed six others, but the monitor doesn't indicate it's time for them to awaken yet." Ikazuchi explained. "As for the Spawn..." She checked another monitor--this one tracking the path of the Darkness Spawn. "We shouldn't worry about it yet--it hasn't created a monster."

"Alrigh- Wait. That thing, it'll create a monster? What sort? It's not too difficult, is it?", Arika asked, her head still full of questions from all this, "And how long might it take for the others to awaken?"

"The others will come at the appropriate time." Ikazuchi replied. "Darkrai, the one that created those Darkness Spawns, may be trying to see if we're present, by sending out weak Darkness Spawns first."

Ikazuchi noticed one girl sleeping and tried to nudge her awake--she needed to hear this too, just in case she held a spirit.

Back
Top Bottom