• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Frontier Town Main Street

Grace felt a little conflicted by that sometimes as well. There'd been times when she'd doubted if she was doing enough for this world, and her teammates. But... she couldn't be everywhere at once, right? She could trust the others to cover what she couldn't, right...?

The togetic sighed.

"Well... there's a lot of us here," Grace tried to reason, as her eyes glanced around for anyone that might be trying to listen in. Maybe they should have gone somewhere quieter. "If we were all doing the same thing, wouldn't it be weird if, like twenty of us walked into the Coven just to say hi? Wouldn't it be risky if we all walked into the Quarry and a a bunch of us get Shadowed, or something?"

She tapped her paws together as she slowly rose from the ground. "Besides... saving Owen-- or any Wayfarer or person under control of someone like Alexander should be rescued, right? Wouldn't you rather personally make sure he's safe, or would you leave it to us, if you could?"

"...I... suppose that's true," Mhynt conceded. "I just can't shake the feeling that it's... distracted me from being at my best. I'd obsessed so much over this..." Not to mention how much Alexander's presence had gotten in her head. Why did it have to be him...

"I should just focus. If we're lucky, maybe it can all be over in two days..."

"There's a lot going on, and sometimes I feel overwhelmed," Grace admitted, looking a little guilty. "I've never seen hughmons, much less ones that have turned into Pokemon. We... don't have Shadows or Radiance, o-or void shadows or someone like Alexander. And... Alexander and Owen are both people you personally know, right? Like... of course you're obsessed with rescuing Owen. You know what Alexander can do, and it seems like you recognise Owen, too."

She paused for a moment, reaching out to gently place a paw on Mhynt's arm. The togetic gave her a gentle smile, and it betrayed a little of her own tiredness.

"I reckon you'll be at peace once you've seen for yourself that Owen is safe and himself again. Once you can both relax... I bet you'll be able to focus on something else after. I know I will."

"Thank you," Mhynt said, rubbing her cheek in thought. The words registered as words, but it was hard for Mhynt to internalize the feelings after just one conversation.

"...Your... healing. It's very strong, isn't it? I saw it defy even Alexander's blight. Do you have that kind of talent where you're from, too?"

Grace chuckled and shifted her arm, using her paw to channel some of that familiar life dew. The little blue sphere shimmered as she watched it for a moment, then quickly dispelled it. "In my home village, my family worked as healers. Helping the sick and injured, and so I trained hard to be as good as I am with it! I'm also the one that takes care of everyone in my exploration team after battles-- sometimes they'll forget to pack some berries, or they push themselves a little too hard, and I'm always happy to make them healthy again!" she explained, smiling wider as she talked about something she was happy to share.

"I've also been training here and practicing my techniques with Radiance, especially after I found that it seemed to help calm down anyone that was lightly corrupted by Shadows. But... um, it didn't quite work on Owen last time... and I don't know how well it'll go now that he's..." she trailed off, her smile suddenly fading. "I just hope my training pays off."

"It might be the environment, or that we couldn't take him down last time," Mhynt said. "Maybe we need to weak him more... or find a way to break Alexander's control. Get him out of there for longer..." She sighed. "I just don't know if... we would have to kill him to free him. I'm not ruling it out. But... I don't like what that would mean for us. That we can't overcome that darkness..."

"Overcoming that darkness... I really think its something we have to do," she replied, looking thoughtful. "What if... someone worse than Alexander comes along? The team needs to know how to combat that stuff... um... hopefully without killing each other. I don't really want it to come to that if possible..."

"It's hard to imagine someone worse than him. Perhaps simply. him with more power." Mhynt grunted at that, then stood straighter. "I hope you're right. I hope Nova and the others have found a key to getting Owen free of that blight. Otherwise..." She sighed. "Otherwise, if he is too far gone... I will shoulder the burden of the final blow. I've been ready for it, if it means freeing him from Alexander."

It was grim.

Grace didn't really want to consider putting anyone out of their misery, but as a healer, she knew not everything could be cured... yet it wasn't something she liked thinking about. "You won't be shouldering it alone," Grace said softly. "It'll be something we'll all decide on. Even if you deal the final blow, we'll all be making the decision to take out Owen if it comes to it. I'll be right there with you if that's the call we have to make."

But she had to believe. "But... let's work to purify him before we resort to that. I don't want anyone to die if we can help it."

She nodded, still holding her arm as if she'd draw her blade at any moment.

"...I'm going to get some rest. Then I'll make preparations for everyone's supplies for the Quarry. Hopefully we have a good team mobilized for what's to come. I'll want you there, too. Your healing has been... strong against that Radiance. But try not to draw their attention too much."

"I'll do my best Mhynt," Grace nodded firmly. She looked determined, and her will was strong. She wasn't going to let some spooky, shadowy charizard get the best of her!

...Right?

"I want to save everyone that's corrupted and fighting the Shadows," she vowed. "I'm struggling with curing Radiance, though... but that's for later. Let's save Owen, and get you to relax as well. You're too tense, and I think you'd look better with a genuine smile on your face. I'm gonna do some last bits of training, now that everything else is ready. We've got this!"

Grace wished Mhynt well, and set off for her own final preparations. She had extra motivation, now, and she hoped things would go perfectly.

Nobody was going to die.

<><><>​

Back
Top Bottom